National Scholarship Portal- Are you aware that in India there are thousands of crores scholarships that are only for impoverished and meritorious children? Presumably not. India’s population is more than one billion, and only one-third of a total population can read. So, it is essential to provide education to all citizens of the country. With a rapid increase in the cost of education, not everyone can afford the school fees to get an education. Continue reading this article to know about the National Scholarship Portal NSP 2.0 and the whole process provided by govt.
Due to this, children belonging from financially weaker backgrounds can’t study, and they give up on their dreams. It is also necessary to minimize the rate of drop out from pre matric and post matric schools. Keeping all these points in mind, the Central Government has come out with a solution for this and providing National Scholarship Portal. The government will confer scholarship to all needy children of India.
About National Scholarship Portal
India Government and Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology department have been developed a website named “National Scholarship Portal”. This portal is a simplified digital platform which accepts application form various scholarship provided by central and state government. NSP will also provide complete info regarding the state-wise scholarships.
NSP 2.0 or National Scholarship Portal grants scholarships to those children who belong to SC /ST /OBC /EWC and other minority sections. They can avail the advantages of scholarship by applying for it. Interested applicants can apply for any scholarship by verifying all eligibility criteria. If a candidate satisfies all the standard, only then he/she can avail the NSP scholarship. NSP Portal provides complete security to the account of the recipient created on it.
NSP2.0 Mission and Vision
The mission of developing National Scholarship Portal is to provide a single standard platform to both central and state govt scholarships. With the help of this website, no repetition of application forms can be processed. National scholarship site will assure that beneficiaries are receiving scholarships timely or not. This portal will also modulate the type of scholarships and their measures.
Highlights of National Scholarship Portal
|Name of the Portal||National Scholarship Portal|
|Official Portal Link||scholarships.gov.in|
|Initiated By||Central Government of India|
|Name of Ministry||Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, India Government|
|Aim of Portal||To provide a single platform for all state/ central govt, etc schemes|
|Recipients||Children who are from economically weaker sections of India|
|Advantage of Portal||To grant Scholarships through NSP|
|Scholarship Granted by||Central Govt., AICTE, State Government, UGC|
|Mode of Application Form Submission||Online|
|Category of Article||Scholarship 2020|
Advantages of NSP
- Eligible applicants can check complete procedure about any scholarship through this site and then apply for it from the same.
- If the aspirants get all the information regarding studentship at one place, it will also preserve their time.
- NSP will heighten the transparency in the record and ensure that there is no duplication and repetition of the NSP application form.
- As a decision support system, national scholarship portal will operate as a brilliant tool for ministries and government of India.
- In this platform, candidates can find super data regarding programs and colleges/ institutions at India level.
- NSP is a management information system to improve the monitoring of each step of scholarship.
Important Documents Required for Filling NSP2.0 Application Form
While filling the application form applicants have to upload a scanned copy of all the documents. Take a review of the list given below which contains the name of all certificates.
- Aadhaar Card of Applicant
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificates
- Academic Certificates
- Bank Account Passbook of Aspirants
- Contact Number
- Passport Size Photograph of Candidate
- Self-Declaration Document
Procedure to Apply for Scholarship through NSP
Aspirants who want to know about the procedure to register on NSP and apply for scholarships can check out some easy points given below.
National Scholarship Portal Registration
|1. Candidates have to visit the official portal of NSP and then click on “New Registration” option given on the homepage.|
2. Instruction page to fill the application form will open on your screen, read all the guidelines carefully.
3. Then, click on “Continue” tab.
4. After that registration form will be shown on your screen.
5. Fill all the information correctly and hit the “Register” button.
6. On your registered contact number or email, you will receive “Application ID and Password”.
NSP Login and Filling Application Form Submission Process
|1. Now go back to the homepage, and tap the “Login” button.|
2. Enter your registration id & password, then you will be directed to Applicant’s Dashboard of NSP.
3. Hit the “Application Form” option to apply for a scholarship.
4. The application form will be displayed on your screen.
5. Enter your complete info such as basic information, education details, etc on the application form.
6. After filling all info, aspirants have to upload all the required documents.
7. Submit the application form, and download it for future reference.
Registration Link – Click Here
How to Check Payment Status via National Scholarship Portal
After submitting the application form aspirants can check their payment status from time to time by implementing these steps.
- Step I: Open the official link of National Scholarship Portal.
- Step II: Reaching to the homepage, applicants have to click on “Know Your Payment“ link.
- Step III: On the next page, you have to enter your bank details like account number, bank name, and the verification code.
- Step IV: Then click on the “Search” button and info will be displayed on your screen.
Important Steps to Renew National Scholarship Portal
Aspirants who are availing scholarships have to renew it timely. Check the process presented below to renew the studentship.
- Applicants have to open the link of official portal or tap the link of NSP given at the end of this article.
- Click on “Login” button given at the top of the homepage.
- A dropdown box will appear on the screen from which you have to select “Renewal 2020-2021” link.
- Login with all your details and renewal form will open on your screen.
- Enter all information on the form and submit it.
Method of Viewing Scheme-wise Scholarship Sanctioned List
- Visit the official site of NSP at scholarships.gov.in.
- Homepage of the website will open on your screen.
- Hit the button named “New Registration” tab.
- Now applicants have to click on “Scheme-wise Scholarship Sanctioned List” link on the next page.
- Then candidates have to select Application Type, Academic Year, Ministry, District, and Scheme State.
- Fill the captcha given on the same page and submit the details.
- Sanctioned List will appear in a few seconds on the screen.
National Scholarship process to Find School/ Institute/ ITI
- Open the website of the National Scholarship Portal.
- Coming to the homepage aspirants needs to click on “Search School/ Institute/ ITI” link.
- Now applicants have to enter all info about institutes like state, district, Institute/ School/ ITI, etc on the next page.
- Then tap the “Get Institution List” button, and the whole list will be displayed on the screen.
National Scholarship Portal Mobile App
Considering the needs of mobile app technology, Indian govt has been launched a mobile app named NSP (National Scholarship Portal). For all students, it becomes easier and convenient to apply for any scholarship from the mobile app. In the NSP app, applicants have to register first, and then they can apply for any scheme or scholarship.
Official Portal Link – https://scholarships.gov.in/
Categories of Scheme under NSP 2.0
NSP provided around 50 scholarships which are of various categories. There is nearly all type of scholarships for all those recipients studying from 1st standard to Ph.D. level. India’s government has been characterized by all the scholarships into four plans that are as follows.
- State Schemes
- All India Council for Technical Education Schemes
- Central Schemes
- University Grants Commission Schemes
- Description of State Schemes
The state government also provides a different scholarship for the benefits of children who refer to minority sections of state. The applicant who belongs to the state can take advantage of the scholarship by showing the domicile of that state. State-wise studentships are as follows.
Check >>> New National Education Policy
- Mukyamatri Yuba Yogayog Yojana, Tripura- Application Deadline: 30th/ June/ 2020
- Pre-Matric SC Cleaning and Health Hazard, Tripura– Application Deadline: 30th/ June/ 2020
- Post-Matric Scholarship for SC Students, Tripura – Application Deadline: 30th/ June/ 2020
- Post-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students, Tripura- Application Deadline: 30th/ June/ 2020
- Pre-Matric SC (Class 9 & 10), Tripura– Application Deadline: 30th/ June/ 2020
- NEC Merit Scholarship, Tripura- Application Deadline: 30th/ June/ 2020
- Dr. Ambedkar Post Matric Scholarship for Economically Backward Classes Secondary Education, Tripura- Application Deadline: 30th/ June/ 2020
- Pre-Matric ST Scholarship Schemes, Tripura- Application Deadline: 30th/ June/ 2020
- Post-Matric ST Scholarship Schemes, Tripura- Application Deadline: 30th/ June/ 2020
|Name of Scholarship||Closing Date|
|Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Pre Matric Scholarship For SC Students (Class 9th and 10th)||30th Oct 2020|
|Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Post Matric Scholarship For SC Students||30th Oct 2020|
|Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Post Matric Scholarship For ST Students||30th Oct 2020|
|Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Pre Matric Scholarship For Needy ST Students||30th Oct 2020|
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students (State Sector), Uttarakhand (Application Deadline- 30th/ June/ 2020)
- Pre-Matric Disability Scholarship (State Sector), Uttarakhand (Application Deadline- 30th/ June/ 2020)
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students (State Division 50% and Central Division 50%), Uttarakhand (Application Deadline- 30th/ June/ 2020)
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST Students (State Sector), Uttarakhand (Application Deadline- 30th/ June/ 2020)
- Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minority (100 percent State Sector), Uttarakhand (Application Deadline- 30th/ June/ 2020)
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST Students (Center Sector), Uttarakhand (Application Deadline- 30th/ June/ 2020)
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students (Center Sector), Uttarakhand (Application Deadline- 30th/ June/ 2020)
- Post Matric Scholarship for EBC Students, Uttarakhand (Application Deadline- 30th/ June/ 2020)
- Post-Matric Scholarship for ST Students, Uttarakhand (Application Deadline- 30th/ June/ 2020)
- Post-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students, Uttarakhand (Application Deadline- 30th/ June/ 2020)
- Post-Matric Scholarship for SC Students, Uttarakhand (Application Deadline- 30th/ June/ 2020)
|Scholarship Name||Application Time Limit|
|Pre-Matric Scholarships to children of those occupied in jobs involving cleansing and inclined to health risks, Assam||30th June 2020|
|Pre- Matric Scholarship to OBC Students, Assam||30th June 2020|
|Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Scholars, Assam||30th June 2020|
|Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students, Assam||30th June 2020|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students (Class 9th and 10th), Assam||30th June 2020|
|Post Matric Scholarship for SC Scholars, Assam||30th June 2020|
|Pre- Matric Scholarship for SC Students, Assam||30th June 2020|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST Scholars (Class 9th and 10th), Assam||30th June 2020|
- Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for SC Scholars of class 9 and 10, Chandigarh (Deadline of Application Form- 30th/ June/ 2020)
- Post-Matric Scholarship for SC Students, Chandigarh (Deadline of Application Form- 30th/ June/ 2020)
- Dr. Ambedkar Post Matric Scholarship for economically backward class students, Chandigarh (Deadline of Application Form- 30th/ June/ 2020)
- Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for OBC Scholars, Chandigarh (Deadline of Application Form-30th/ June/ 2020)
- Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Transgender students, Chandigarh (Deadline of Application Form- 30th/ June/ 2020)
Jammu & Kashmir
- Post Matric Scholarship to Scheduled Tribe Students, Jammu & Kashmir- Application Deadline: 30th/ June/ 2020
|Post-Matric Scholarship for SC/ ST Students||Deadline of Application– 30th/ June/ 2020|
|Post-Matric Scholarship for BC/EBC Scholars||Deadline of Application– 30th/ June/ 2020|
- Post-Matric Scholarship (PMS) for ST Students (Deadline of Application- 10th Feb 2020)
- Centrally Sponsored Scheme for Pre-Matric (IX and X) Scholarship for ST Students (Open Shortly)
- Award of Stipend to ST Scholars- Deadline of Application: 30th/ June/ 2020
- Umbrella Plan for Education of ST Children Pre-Matric Scholarship (IX & X Standard) for ST Scholars- Deadline of Application: 30th/ June/ 2020
- Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST Students Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students- Deadline of Application: 30th/ June/ 2020
|Name of Scholarship||Application Time Limit|
|Swami Vivekanand Utkrisht Chatravriti Scheme||30th/ June/ 2020|
|Thakur Sen Negi Utkrisht Chatravriti Yojana||30th/ June/ 2020|
|Maharishi Balmiki Chatravriti Yojana||30th/ June/ 2020|
|Centrally Sponsored Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for OBC||30th/ June/ 2020|
|Centrally Sponsored Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST||30th/ June/ 2020|
|Centrally Sponsored Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for SC||30th/ June/ 2020|
|Centrally Sponsored Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for SC Students||30th/ June/ 2020|
|Centrally Sponsored Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST||30th/ June/ 2020|
|Centrally Sponsored Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for OBC Students||30th/ June/ 2020|
|Mukhya Mantri Protsahan Yojana||30th/ June/ 2020|
|Integrated Rural Development Plan||30th/ June/ 2020|
|Kalpana Chawla Chatravriti Yojana||30th/ June/ 2020|
|Indira Gandhi Utkrisht Chatravriti Scheme||30th/ June/ 2020|
|Ambedkar Medhavi Chatravriti Yojana for OBC/ SC Students||30th/ June/ 2020|
|Ambedkar Post Matric Scholarship for EBC Students||30th/ June/ 2020|
|Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST Children- Pre Matric Scholarship (Class IX and X) for ST Scholars||30th/ June/ 2020|
|Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST Children- Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students||30th/ June/ 2020|
- Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students, Manipur (Deadline of Application- 30th/ June/ 2020)
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST Scholars (IX and X Class), Manipur (Deadline of Application- 30th/ June/ 2020)
- Centrally Sponsered Scheme of Pre Matric Scholarship for Needy ST Students >> (Open till 30th/ Oct/ 2020)
- Centrally Sponsered Scheme of Pre Matric Scholarship for Needy ST Students (Class IX & X) >> (Open till 30th/ Oct/ 2020)
Dadra and Nagar Haveli
|Pre-Matric Scholarship to ST Students, Dadra Nagar Haveli||30th/ June/ 2020|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship to OBC Scholars, Dadra Nagar Haveli||30th/ June/ 2020|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship to SC Students, Dadra Nagar Haveli||30th/ June/ 2020|
- Description of AICTE Schemes
AICTE awards several scholarships to applicants so that financial hindrance does not become a blockage in their careers. AICTE provides several scholarships to undergraduate and postgraduate students. Take a review of the given scholarships provided by AICTE departments.
- Saksham Scholarship Scheme for Differently Abled Students (Diploma) for Technical Education (15th/ August/ 2020)- Scholarship will be granted on the basis of merit list for abled students. The amount of the scholarship is tuition pay of 30,000 Rupees or whichever is lesser & 2,000 Rupees per month (10 months) for other minor costs per year.
- Saksham Scholarship Scheme for Differently Abled Students (Degree) for Technical Education (15th/ August/ 2020)- This scheme aims to provide the amount of the scholarship is tuition pay of 30,000 Rupees or whichever is lesser & 2,000 Rupees per month (10 months) for other minor costs per year. Those special abled students who have more than 40% disability can avail the scholarship.
- Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girls (Diploma/ Diploma) for Technical Education (15th/ August/ 2020)- All those girls who are pursuing technical education can take the benefits of this scholarship. Officials will bear all the expenses of diploma and degree throughout.
- Description of Central Schemes
A different number of scholarships is handled by various department of India such as Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Minority Affairs, Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Labour and Employment, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
Check the table which contains the name of scholarships and their department name.
|Name of Scholarships||Deadline of Application|
|Pre-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities||31st/ Oct/ 2020|
|Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles||31/ Oct/ 2020|
|Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities||31/ Oct/ 2020|
|Aam Aadmi Bima Yojna Scholarship for Andhra Pradesh||Applicants have to Apply Offline|
|National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students – Scholarship (Formally Top-Class Education for Schedule Tribe Students) – only for scholarships||31/ Oct/ 2020|
|Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College and University Students||31/ Oct/ 2020|
|Top Class Education Scholarships for students with disabilities||31/ Oct/ 2020|
|Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For RPF/RPSF||31/ Oct/ 2020|
|Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses CS||31/ Oct/ 2020|
|Financial Support to the Students of NER for Higher Professional Courses (NSC Merit Scholarship)||31/ Oct/ 2020|
|Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Post-Matric||30/ 06/ 2020|
|Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students||31/ Oct/ 2020|
|National Scheme of Incentive to Girls for Secondary Education (NSIGSE)||Available Soon|
|Pre-Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities||31/ Oct/ 2020|
|Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities||31/ Oct/ 2020|
|National Means Cum Merit Scholarship||31/ Oct/ 2020|
|Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Pre-Matric||30/ 06/ 2020|
|Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for Wards of States/ UTs Police Personnel Martyred During Terror/ Naxal Attacks||31/ Oct/ 2020|
- Description of UGC Schemes
Under UGC scholarship will be proffered to those aspirants who are seeking higher education (Graduation or Higher). UGC also provides funds to various institutes/ universities across the country. The list of scholarships given below.
- Single Girl Child PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship (Application Deadline Date- 30th/ June/ 2020)- This scholarship is for girls whose age is up to 30 years and should be the only child of the household. Scholarship amount 36,200 rupees per annum will be given under this scholarship to all eligible girls.
- PG Scholarship for SC/ ST Students Pursuing Professional Programs (Application Deadline Date- 30th/ June/ 2020 )- This scholarship is for 1000 SC/ ST students pursuing PG course. 7,800 Rupees per month will be given to all selected SC/ ST category applicants.
- University Rank Holders PG Scholarship (First & Second Rank) (Application Deadline Date- 30th/ June/ 2020)- All those candidates who will secure the 1st or 2nd rank in their graduation period will be given a scholarship amount of 3100 Rs per month for 2 years duration of their graduation period.
- ISHAN UDAY Special Scholarship for North Eastern Region (Application Deadline Date- 30th/ June/ 2020)- In this scholarship, students who are pursuing their graduation courses such as professional, technical, medical or paramedical programs, 7800 rupees will be given every month.
The aim of this portal is to provide single platform for all scholarships. From this website, aspirants can easily apply for any scholarship.
Initially, applicants have to submit the application form for a scholarship. After confirmation of scholarship, government will send the money in the bank account of students.
These states are linked with NSP – Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Bihar, Meghalaya, Uttarakhand, Jammu and Kashmir, Tripura, Karnataka, Himachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, and Chandigarh.
No, after final submission of application form you cannot edit any info on it. The solution to answer is to take a review of all entries before submitting the application form.
No, aadhaar number is not important. Those applicants who don’t have aadhhar number can also apply for scholarships.