Navodaya Admission 2020 | NVS Application Form | JNVST Registration Link: To get admission in Navodaya school student have to appear in JNVST exam each year for admission in class 6, 9 and 11.
In this page, get all the latest information about the NVS admission 2020-21 here.
LATERAL ENTRY ADMISSION TO CLASS IX ( 2020-21) started from 24th October and last date to submit application is 10th December 2019. Check link below to apply
Last date jnvst-2020 application form for class 6 is extended to September 30, 2019. Apply before the last date. Link provided below. The portal will be kept open for candidates who have registered on or before 30.09.2019 to submit details of Phase-II upto 3rd October 2019.
NAVODAYA SCHOOL ONLINE APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION TO CLASS VI (2020-21) Started on 1st July 2019 – Check link below
The last date to submit online application is 30th September 2019 (Extended).
PROSPECTUS For Navodaya Admission in Class VI released for academic Session 2020-21
Check Below Prospectus and Online Candidate apply link
Navodaya Admission 2020
JNV Selection Test for Navodaya admission to Class-VI in JNVs for the academic session 2020-21 will be held in two phases as given below:
NVS Admission 2020 Schedule
|Particulars||Class VI||Class IX||Class XI|
|Application form 2020||1st July 2019||24th October 2019||Open from 13th May 2019 &|
Last date to apply – 10th june 2019
|Last date to apply online||30th September 2019||10th December 2019|
|Admit card release date||Released for phase 1||No update||–|
|JNVST Exam 2020||1st Phase- 11 Jan 2020|
2nd Phase- 11 April 2020
|8th February 2020||–|
|Answer key date||–||–||–|
|Cut off marks||–||–||–|
|Result/selection list 2020||–||–||–|
NVS Admission application form 2020-21
Class IX (Lateral entry) 2020 – Apply Here
Class XI (Lateral entry) – to be updated
JNVST Admit card 2020
After the student has registered through the application form, the next most important step is to download admit card. Student with hall ticket will be allowed to sit for the exam. So it is very important to know how to get admit card from the official site. To get more information about the exam hall ticket, click on the class wise link provided below.
Prospectus for Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test for Admission to Class-VI
JNVST Answer Key 2020
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test after successful conduct of exam released answer key online so that students and parents can check answer/question and if they are any objection in the answer stated by the NVS authority then they can raise an objection in the opened window after which there will be a reconsideration by exam authority. If there is any correction to be made in answer or question are wrong then it is being told through public notice and new solution paper is released.
Check more information about the JNVST answer key 2020.
JNVST cut off marks 2020
JNVST after the final release of answer key released the cut-off mark category wise list for the appeared candidates. It is the minimum marks student have to get in order to get eligible for the next round of admission. Also along with it, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya released the criteria for the waiting list.
Check previous year and expected JNVST cut off marks 2020 here.
JNVST Merit list 2020
Merit list is the list of student who has cleared the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test and is eligible to get admission in the selected respective Navodaya School. So if candidate sees their name in the JNVST merit list then they should proceed to the next round of securing their seat by reporting to the Jawahar Navodaya school and paying the fee for the academic session.
Check more detailed information about the JNVST merit list 2020 from here.
JNVST Result 2020: Selection list & Waiting list
After the student had given the exam, the most anticipated thing is result/scorecard. Each year lakhs of student sit for JNVST exam and wait for JNVST result. NVS release result region wise PDF format in which candidate have to search for the roll number and name. JNVST region wise result will be uploaded in the official website and regional sites of NVS. Also along with scorecard, NVS released waiting list, this list contain the name of the student who will be called for NVS admission if there is a vacant seat before the academic session starts. On the other hand, in case there is the withdrawal of name by the previously selected student.
Check more detailed information of JNVST Selection list 2020 & waiting list.
JNVST Exam preparation tips
Clearing JNVST exam is not easy as more than 30 lakh student appear for the exam and there are only a few seats available to fill in approximately 598 schools. For this purpose, we have prepared one article dedicated to how should a student start preparing for the JNVST on our site nvshq.org.
Click on the link to read JNVST preparation tips 2020.
JNVST Previous Year question paper
Also as per our analysis in exam preparation, JNVST previous year question paper are very important as each year question paper follow the same pattern and a similar level of question type. Therefore, it is important that student solve previous year model and exam paper to get an idea of how to give an exam. For that aspirant can check our article on question paper and model paper with solutions.
Check JNVST previous year question papers with solutions and model paper.
JNVST Exam best book for preparation
The student should in their preparation to crack JNVST 2020, should study from the best book to clear the exam in one go. We have prepared the best jnvst book for class 6 and 9.
Check List of the best book for JNVST preparation.
NVS Admission- A Brief detail
|Admission||Navodaya School Admissions|
|Article type||NVS Admission information|
|Admission level||National level|
|School name||Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya|
|Affiliation of the schools||CBSE|
|Mode of application procedure||Online|
|Selection Basis||Written test and lateral entry|
|Classes||VI, IX, XI|
|Area covered||Pan India|
|JNVST HELP DESK NUMBER||0120-2975754|
About Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS)
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) is an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Resource Development, Government of India. NVS runs a system of alternate schools for talented and gifted students of India called as Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs).
These schools were established to find the talented children from rural areas of the country and to provide them quality education so that they can compete without facing any disadvantages. All the JNVs are co-educational and fully residential schools. These schools are affiliated to CBSE.
Every year NVS release application for admission of talented students from various districts of the states to class VI, IX and class XI. Admission to class VI and IX are made through a selection test called JNVST (Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test). Whereas admission to class XI are done through lateral entry based on merit in class X. A large number of children from different states apply every year for admission to these schools.
List of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas
There are total 661 JNV in India till date. The complete details about the number of JNVs is shared below-
** Additional special JNV and JNV sanctioned for large states having large population of SC/ST candidates.
Navodaya Application/Registration Form
- NVS notify students about admission to the new session through publicity in Doordarshan, All India Radio, NVS website, local news papers, pamphlets, regional offices, local Navodaya Vidyalayas etc.
- Application forms can be filled through the online mode.
- Applicants must read all the admission guidelines and instructions carefully before filling the application form so that they can avoid various problems that arises during the application process.
- All the applicants/parents are advised to keep all the necessary documents ready with them before filling the admission form.
How to fill NVS school admission application form?
Candidates/guardians can follow the given procedure to fill the application form. It is a general process to fill application for class VI, IX, & IX.
- Applicants firstly have to visit the official website of NVS
- On the homepage of the portal, they have to search for the relevant application link for the class they have to get admission in.
- On opening the application link, applicants are redirected to the registration page.
- Fill the required details such as email ID, mobile no. etc.
- After successful registration, applicants have to fill the application form. All the personal details, qualification details, and other information must be filled accurately in the form.
- Now they have to upload scanned copy of all the documents in the prescribed format.
- Once application form is filled applicants must review it.
- By clicking on the submit button application will be submitted.
- Lastly, candidates can take a print out of the application form for future references.
Navodaya Admission Application fee
Application procedure for admission to Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is completely free. No application fee is charged from any of the candidate.
NVS Admission Eligibility
All the candidates/ parents applying for NVS admissions are required to read the eligibility requirements before filling the application form. They must fill the application form only if they satisfy the eligibility requirements.
Eligibility criteria for admission to NVS in all the classes (i.e. VI, IX & XI) is as follows-
- Candidates must be from the district where the JNV has been opened.
- Candidate must be of age group 9 to 13 years (Applicable to all categories).
- Students must have qualified class V from a recognized board.
- Candidates should have not appeared in JNVST test earlier.
- Candidates must be of age between 13 to 16 years as on 1st May of the year of admission (for all candidates).
- Candidates must have studied class VIII from govt./ Govt. aided recognized school.
- Candidates must be of age between 14 to 18 years as on 1st July of the year of admission.
- Must have qualified class X from a recognized board.
- Must have reasonable competency in English and Hindi.
Navodaya Admission Selection Procedure
Every year NVS release application for admission to class VI, VIII and XI. Admission to NVS are mainly done on the basis of selection test and merit.
- JNVST Selection test
Admission to class VI and class IX are made strictly on the basis of an entrance test class Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST). All the candidates who wants to get admission to JNVs has to appear and qualify JNVST. After the completion of entrance test, conducting authority invite the selected candidates for document verification and finally, admission made to the respected school.
- Class 11 Lateral Entry
No selection test is conducted for admission to class XI. Admission to class XI in JNVs is done through lateral entry. Candidates are selected on the basis of merit which is prepared on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in class X.
JNVST Selection Test
Exam Pattern for Class VI
- Mode of exam- Offline (OMR-based)
- Total questions- questions
- Question type- objective type
- Subjects – Mental ability, Arithmetic, Language
- Medium of question paper- Any language out of 21 languages
- Duration- 2 hours
- Negative marks- No
Exam Pattern for Class IX
- Mode of exam- Offline (OMR-based)
- Question type- objective type/ Descriptive
- Section- 4
- Subjects – English, Hindi, Mathematics, Science
- Medium of question paper- English/ Hindi
- Duration- 3 hours
- Total marks- 100
- Negative marks- No
- Syllabus- based on class VII
NVS Test Centre
Selection test is conducted at the various Navodaya Vidyalayas established across the country. Candidates are usually assigned the same Navodaya Vidyalaya of the district for which they have filed the application as the test center. No request for change of exam center is accepted under any circumstance.
NVS Admission Documents to submit
All the selected candidates are required to report the allotted school for verification of all the certificates and documents on the specified dates.
Below is the list of all the documents that are required to be verified at the time of admission-
- Address/residence proof
- Age proof- Birth certificate for class VI & IX and for class XI, mark sheet of class X is considered as age proof.
- Certificate of caste and category issued by the competent authority (in case of SC/ST candidates)
- Relevant certificate if candidate apply for admission under Rural Category.
- Physically disable certificate
- Relevant certificate if candidate apply under transgender category.
- Other documents (if applicable)
NVS Admission- Unique feature
- Migration of students for national integration-
NVS has a unique feature under which it allows migration of NVS students from area to another. Under this scheme, 30% of students from one Navodaya Vidyalaya of a linguistic region are migrated to another JNV of different linguistic region at class IX so that they understand the diversity and plurality of Indian culture.
Migration is usually done between Hindi speaking to Non-Hindi speaking regions. In case the selected students or their parents refuses to migrate to other state then they will not be allowed to continue their studies in JNVs.
- Migration of students and Three language formula
This unique feature of migration of students in NVS is to promote national integration that basically follows a three language formula. The three languages include Hindi, English and Regional languages.
The third language in Hindi speaking regions is the language of migrated students and vice-versa. This language is compulsory for all.
Some important instructions regarding Navodaya Admission 2020
- Marks obtained by candidates in the selection test are not communicated in NVS admission process.
- There is no provision of re-evaluation of answer books.
- Parents must be present at the allotted school with their wards for the verification of documents. Two final notices are sent to them through the registered post.
- If the selected candidate does not report for certificate verification even after two reminders than regional office will release the wait list.
- Admission process to class VI through the main list is usually completed by 30th June and to class XI by 15th July every year.
NVSHQ is dedicated to providing all adequate and relevant information for getting admission in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya. So bookmark us to get all nvshq.org update from here. You can also press bell icon to receive direct notification update on your smartphones.
- AP Inter 2nd Year Hall Ticket 2020 BIEAP Intermediate Admit Card Date @ @ jnanabhumi.ap.gov.in manabadi
- AP Inter 1st year Hall Tickets 2020 Download – Manabadi Junior Intermediate Hall Tickets @ Bie.ap.gov.in
- SSC CGL Admit Card 2019-20 (OUT) SSC CGL Exam Date 2020
- Indian Army Bharti/Recruitment 2020
- RBSE 12th Admit Card 2020 Download- Rajasthan Board Class 12 Hall ticket 2020
- HBSE class 10th Admit card 2020: Haryana Board Admit Card 2020 – Download print link
- GSEB SSC Hall Ticket 2020 Download- Gujarat Board 10th Admit Card 2020
- PM Kisan Nidhi Correction 2020: Account Details, Aadhar Number, Name
- Gour Banga University Result 2019 B.A. B.Sc. B.Com. (Hons/Gen) Result
- UPTU AKTU Odd Sem Result 2019-2020 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th Semester Exams
- Magadh University Result 2019 (Released) BA, B.Sc, B.Com, Part 1,2,3 Results
- Allahabad High Court ARO, APS, Driver Exam Result 2019(OUT) Stage 1
- IGNOU Result 2019-2020 TEE Exam | IGNOU December 2019 Term End Exam Result (Released)
- Bangalore University Result 2019-2020 BA, B.Sc, B.Com UG PG Diploma Courses
- SSC JHT Result 2019 Paper 1 Expected Cut Off Marks Merit List Paper 2 Exam Date
- HPBOSE 10th Result 2020 HP Board High School Exam Result Date Here
- PM Kisan Nidhi Correction 2020: Account Details, Aadhar Number, Name
- PM Kisan Samman Nidhi 2020 Application Registration Revised Eligibility Criteria
- PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Registration Last Date (28 February) 2020: Check Payment status and Registration online
- PMAY List 2020: Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Apply Application Forms & List
- PMKVY Courses, Center 2020: Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna Online Apply
- PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Registration (till 28 February 2020), Aadhar Correction, Beneficiary Status – Direct Link
- CM Farmer Accident welfare scheme UP 2020 मुख्यमंत्री कृषक दुर्घटना कल्याण योजना
- Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme (Application form OUT)List, Status, Official Website, Last Date