Navodaya Vidyalaya (NVS) Admission 2022
- 1.1 NVS Admission Schedule 2022
- 1.2 Jawahar Navodaya Admission 2022
- 1.3 JNVST Exam Preparation Tips
- 1.4 Navodaya Application/Registration Form
- 1.5 Navodaya Admission Selection Procedure
- 1.6 How to Write Answers in NVS Entrance Exam ?
- 1.7 NVS Admission Required Documents
Navodaya Admission 2022 | NVS Application Form | JNVST Registration Link जवाहर नवोदय विद्यालय प्रवेश परीक्षा: NVS (Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti) is an autonomous organization that is fully financed by the Government of India. It is working towards achieving the goal of providing education to mainly the meritorious students coming from the underprivileged and backward sections of society. NVS is running is various Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs) across the country.
To get admission to these Navodaya schools students have to appear in the JNVST exam conducted each year for admission in classes 6, 9, and 11. For the academic session 2022-2023, applications for admission to Class IX (L.E) are currently available and if you are interested in it then do check out the information shared below. Here you are going to get each and every bit of information about NVS admissions to classes 6, 9, and 11.
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas are affiliated with CBSE and every year a lot of meritorious students apply in order to get admission to these NV schools.
Latest Update: The Application Forms for Class 6 and Class 9 admissions for the 2022-2023 academic session are available now.
On this page, get all the latest information about the NVS admission 2022-23 here.
NVS Admission Schedule 2022
Have a look at the schedule for JNVST 2022 admissions-
|Particulars||Class VI (2022-2023)||Class IX– L.E (2022-2023)- Phase I||Class XI (2021-2022)|
|Application form 2021 Availability||Available from 23rd September 2021||Available||Application Over|
|Last date to apply online||30th Nov 2021||31st October 2021||26th August 2021|
|Admit card release date||TBA||To be Announced||–|
|JNVST Exam 2021||30th April 2022||9th April 2022||–|
|Cut off marks||–||–||–|
JNV Selection Test for Navodaya admission to Class-VI in JNVs for the academic session 2022-23 will be held on 30th April 2022. Check details below-
|Admission||Navodaya School Admissions|
|Article type||NVS Admission information|
|Admission level||National Level Admission Process|
|School name||Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (NVS)|
|Affiliation of the schools||CBSE|
|Mode of application procedure||Online|
|Selection Basis||Written Test and lateral entry|
|Classes||VI, IX, XI|
|Area covered||Pan India|
|JNVST HELP DESK NUMBER||0120-2975754|
JNVST Admit Card 2021
After the student has registered through the application form, the next most important step is to download admit card. Students with hall tickets will be allowed to sit for the exam. So it is very important to know how to get admit card from the official site. To get more information about the exam hall ticket, click on the class-wise link provided below.
Prospectus for Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test for Admission–
Check JNVST class 6 Prospectus 2022-23 – https://cbseitms.nic.in/
Check JNVST Class 9 (Lateral Entry) Notification 2022-23 Prospectus –
JNVST Exam Best Book for Preparation
The students should be well prepared in order to crack JNVST admission exams. They should study using the best book to clear the exam in one go. We have prepared the best jnvst book for classes 6 and 9.
Check List of the best book for JNVST preparation.
JNVST Answer Key 2021
After conducting जवाहर नवोदय विद्यालय Selection Test successfully, the official authority i.e. NVA will release the answer keys for all the exam paper sets online so that students/ parents can check answer/question. In case they have any objection to any of the answers stated by the NVS authority then they can raise an objection via the online window. The objections submitted by the candidates will then be considered by the exam authority for preparing the final answer keys. If there is any correction to be made in answer or question are wrong then it is being told through public notice and a new solution paper is released.
Check more information about the JNVST answer key.
Check Other Popular School Admission Articles
- RIMC Admission
- Sarvodaya School Admission
- AMU School Admission
- Sainik School Admission
- NVS Admission
- KVS Admission
- School of Excellence Admission
- Kerala School Admission
JNVST Cut Off Marks 2021
After the final release of the answer keys, NVS releases the cut-off mark list category-wise for all the candidates who have appeared in the exam. It is the minimum marks student have to get in order to get eligible for the next round of admission. Also along with it, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya also publishes the waiting list of candidates.
Check previous year and expected JNVST cut off marks here.
JNVST Merit List 2021
Merit list is the list of students who have cleared the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test and are eligible to get admission to the selected respective Navodaya School. So, if candidates see their names in the JNVST merit list then they should proceed to the next round of securing their seat by reporting to the Jawahar Navodaya school and paying the fee for the academic session.
Check more detailed information about the JNVST merit list 2021 from here.
JNVST Result: Selection list & Waiting list
After the student had given the exam, the most anticipated thing is the result/scorecard. Each year lakhs of students sit for the JNVST exam and wait for the JNVST result. NVS release result region-wise in PDF format in which candidates have to search for the roll number and name. JNVST region-wise results will be uploaded to the official website and regional sites of NVS. Along with the scorecard, NVS released a waiting list, this list contains the name of the student who will be called for NVS admission if there is a vacant seat before the academic session starts. On the other hand, in case there is the withdrawal of name by the previously selected student.
Check more detailed information on the JNVST Selection list 2021 & the waiting list.
JNVST Exam Preparation Tips
Clearing the JNVST exam is not easy as more than 30 lakh students appear for the exam and there are only a few seats available to fill in 661 schools across India. For this purpose, we have prepared one article dedicated to how should a student start preparing for the JNVST on our site nvshq.org.
Click on the link to read JNVST preparation tips
JNVST Previous Year Question Paper
As per our analysis, while doing the exam preparation, JNVST previous year’s question papers are very important as each year’s question paper follows the same pattern and a similar level of question type. Therefore, it is important that students solve the previous year’s models and exam papers to get an idea of how to give an exam. For that aspirants can check our article on question paper and model paper with solutions.
Check JNVST previous year question papers with solutions and model paper.
About Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS)
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) is an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Resource Development, Government of India. NVS runs a system of alternate schools for talented and gifted students of India called as Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs).
These schools were established to find talented children from rural areas of the country and to provide them quality education so that they can compete without facing any disadvantages. All the JNVs are co-educational and fully residential schools. These schools are affiliated with CBSE.
Every year NVS releases an application for admission of talented students from various districts of the states to class VI, IX, and class XI. Admission to class VI and IX (lateral) is made through a selection test called JNVST (Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test). Whereas admission to class XI is done through lateral entry based on merit in class X. A large number of children from different states apply every year for admission to these schools.
List of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas
There are total 661 JNV in India at present. The complete details about the number of JNVs is shared below-
** Additional special JNV and JNV sanctioned for large states having large population of SC/ST candidates.
- NVS notify students about admission to the new session through publicity in Doordarshan, All India Radio, NVS website, local news papers, pamphlets, regional offices, local Navodaya Vidyalayas etc.
- Application forms can be filled through the online mode.
- Applicants must read all the admission guidelines and instructions carefully before filling the application form so that they can avoid various problems that arises during the application process.
- All the applicants/parents are advised to keep all the necessary documents ready with them before filling the admission form.
How to fill NVS school admission application form?
Candidates/guardians can follow the given procedure to fill jnvst admission 2021 application form. Currently, application forms for both jnvst class 9 admission form 2022 and jnvst 2022 class 6 are available. Check the general process to fill applications for class VI, IX, & IX given as under-
- Applicants firstly have to visit the official website of NVS.
- On the homepage of the portal, they have to search for the relevant application link for the class they have to get admission in.
- On opening the application link, applicants are redirected to the registration page.
- Fill the required details such as email ID, mobile no. etc.
- After successful registration, applicants have to fill the application form. All the personal details, qualification details, and other information must be filled accurately in the form.
- Now they have to upload scanned copy of all the documents in the prescribed format.
- Once application form is filled applicants must review it.
- By clicking on the submit button application will be submitted.
- Lastly, candidates can take a print out of the application form for future references.
Click Here for the Registration form for Class VI Admission 2022–23 (Open) – https://cbseitms.nic.in/
Click here for the registration form for Class XI lateral entry Phase I admission 2022-23 (Open)
Navodaya Admission Application fee
The application procedure for admission to Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is completely free. No application fee is charged from any of the candidates.
NVS Admission Eligibility
All the candidates/ parents applying for NVS admissions are required to read the eligibility requirements before filling the application form. They must fill the application form only if they satisfy the eligibility requirements.
Eligibility criteria for admission to NVS in all the classes (i.e. VI, IX & XI) is as follows-
- Candidates must be from the district where the JNV has been opened.
- Candidate must be of age group 9 to 13 years (Applicable to all categories).
- Students must have qualified class V from a recognized board.
- Candidates should have not appeared in JNVST test earlier.
- Candidates must be of age between 13 to 16 years. They must be born between the said dates (both dates included) for each academic session; applicable to all the categories including SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates must have studied class VIII from govt./ Govt. aided recognized school.
- Candidates must be of age between 14 to 18 years.
- Must have qualified class X from a recognized board.
- Must have reasonable competency in English and Hindi.
Every year NVS release application for admission to class VI, VIII and XI. Admission to NVS is mainly done on the basis of selection tests and merit.
- JNVST Selection test
Admission to class VI and class IX are made strictly on the basis of an entrance test called as Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST). All the candidates who aspire to get admission to JNVs have to appear and qualify JNVST. After the completion of the entrance test, conducting authority invites the selected candidates for document verification and finally, admission is made to the respected school.
- Class 11 Lateral Entry
No selection test is conducted for admission to class XI. Admission to class XI in JNVs is done through lateral entry. Candidates are selected on the basis of merit which is prepared based on the marks obtained by the candidates in class X.
JNVST Selection Test
Exam Pattern for Class VI
- Mode of exam- Offline (OMR-based)
- Total questions- questions
- Question type- objective type
- Subjects – Mental ability, Arithmetic, Language
- Medium of question paper- Any language out of 21 languages
- Duration- 2 hours
- Negative marks- No
Exam Pattern for Class IX
- Mode of exam- Offline (OMR-based)
- Question type- objective type/ Descriptive
- Section- 4
- Subjects – English, Hindi, Mathematics, Science
- Medium of question paper- English/ Hindi
- Duration- 3 hours
- Total marks- 100
- Negative marks- No
- Syllabus- based on class VII
JNVST Selection List Declaration for Class XI Lateral Entry
Select list of the shortlisted candidates will be notified at the Vidyalaya Notice board as well as on the concerned JNV website. Whereas the selected candidates will also be informed via post.
How to Write Answers in NVS Entrance Exam ?
As the admission of the admission seekers will be done through the entrance exam for two classes so the candidate must be aware of the right method of recording the answers in the OMR sheets. Read the points given below and keep them in mind on the exam day to perform well.
- Students will get a separate Answer Booklet (OMR sheets). Here they have to mark the answers to all the questions. The copy of the specimen OMR Sheet will be uploaded on the website of NVS for the reference.
- Students can write on the OMR sheet with only Blue/Black Ball Point. It is suggested to the candidates to bring their own ballpoint pens. No one can use led pencil to mark the answer sheet of NVS.
- In the entrance test for class VI and IX, the candidates are given objective type question in the question papers. There are four probable answer options for a single question. Out of these four choices only one is correct. The candidate needs to select the correct answer and make the corresponding circle darken for the chosen answer.
- No negative marking will be done in this exam so you can also try guesswork if you don’t know the answer to exam.
Examination Day Instructions
It is a must for the candidates to read instructions on the test booklet. It is suggested to read the instructions before starting to give answers to the asked questions. Here the important things are compiled by the exam conducting authorities that you keep in mind.
Here we have mentioned a few other information and instructions related to the exam day; read them carefully.
- The students will get a total time of two hours to complete the examination. This time will be allotted to the student without any break.
- “Divyang students” (differently-abled students) will get the additional time of 30 minutes.
- To clear the examination it is essential to secure the qualifying marks in each of the three
- Admission seekers are advised to be focused on the exam day and do not spend much time on a single question while attempting it. If you don’t know the answer then leave the question and attempt the one about which you are sure.
- Candidate should bring admit card to exam centre, otherwise, they will not be allowed to enter the exam centre. So Please special attention to it.
- Candidates Should enter exam rooms by 11:00 a.m.
- Be on time to the exam center as the latecomers will not be allowed to take the test.
NVS Test Centre
A selection test is conducted at the various Navodaya Vidyalayas established across the country. Candidates are usually assigned the same Navodaya Vidyalaya of the district for which they have filed the application as the test center. No request for the change of exam center is accepted under any circumstance.
NVS Admission Required Documents
All the selected candidates are required to report to the allotted school for verification of all the certificates and documents on the specified dates.
Below is the list of all the documents that are required to be verified at the time of admission-
- Address/residence proof
- Age proof- Birth certificate for class VI & IX and for class XI, mark sheet of class X is considered as age proof.
- Certificate of caste and category issued by the competent authority (in case of SC/ST candidates)
- Relevant certificate if candidate apply for admission under Rural Category.
- Physically disable certificate
- Relevant certificate if candidate apply under transgender category.
- Other documents (if applicable)
NVS Admission- Unique features
- Migration of students for national integration-
NVS has a unique feature under which it allows the migration of NVS students from one area to another. Under this scheme, 30% of students from one Navodaya Vidyalaya of a linguistic region are migrated to another JNV of different linguistic regions at class IX so that they understand the diversity and plurality of Indian culture.
Migration is usually done between Hindi-speaking to Non-Hindi speaking regions. In case the selected students or their parents refuse to migrate to another state then they will not be allowed to continue their studies in JNVs.
- Migration of students and Three language formula
This unique feature of the migration of students in NVS is to promote national integration that basically follows a three-language formula. The three languages include Hindi, English, and Regional languages.
The third language in Hindi-speaking regions is the language of migrated students and vice-versa. This language is compulsory for all.
Some important instructions regarding Navodaya Admission 2021
- Marks obtained by candidates in the selection test are not communicated in NVS admission process.
- There is no provision of re-evaluation of answer books.
- Parents must be present at the allotted school with their wards for the verification of documents. Two final notices are sent to them through the registered post.
- If the selected candidate does not report for certificate verification even after two reminders than regional office will release the wait list.
- Admission process to class VI through the main list is usually completed by 30th June and to class XI by 15th July every year.
NVSHQ is dedicated to providing all adequate and relevant information for getting admission to Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya. So bookmark us to get all nvshq.org updates from here. You can also press the bell icon to receive direct notification update on your smartphones.
Check Here – Top Schools in India 2021-22 Updated list (NVSHQ Exclusive)