ePASS Karnataka Vidyasiri Scholarship is one of the welfare scholarships provided to the meritorious students of the state of Karnataka belonging to reserved categories. This scholarship is basically provided for the educational upliftment of the eligible students of the state. This scholarship is initiated by the Department of Backward Classes Welfare, Government of Karnataka. The fund issued to the eligible students is directly transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
Vidyasiri scholarship is aimed to provide financial assistance to the backward and under privileged meritorious students of the state. Through this scholarship, government tries to uplift these students by bringing them to the main stream.
ePASS Karnataka Vidyasiri Scholarship 2020
ePASS (Electronic Payment and Application System of Scholarship) is the online system through which eligible students can submit applications and get complete details about the scholarship. This online portal ensures hassle free delivery of scholarships to the beneficiaries. Each year, department releases fresh and renewal registration forms for the scholarship. Currently, registrations are closed but those who have applied can check application status and various details on ePASS. The registration process for the year 2020 is likely to start in the month of August 2020.
In this article, we have brought all the necessary details on Karnataka Vidyasiri Scholarship for our readers. Here they are going to get information on the registration process, important dates, eligibility criteria, scholarship amount, documents required, application status, and FAQs.
ePass Karnataka Vidyasiri Scholarship 2020- Information
|Name of the scholarship||Vidyasiri Scholarship|
|Issuing Department||Department of Backward of Backward Classes Welfare, Government of Karnataka|
|Type of Scholarship||Post Matric Scholarship|
|Beneficiary||Meritorious students of Reserved and Backward Classes|
|Name of the application systems||Electronic Payment and Application System of Scholarship (ePASS)|
|Beginning of Application Submission||August 2020 (expected)|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Know your Application No.||Click Here|
|Application Status||Click Here|
|Hostel Application Status||Click Here|
|Pratibha Acknowledgment||Click Here|
ePass Vidyasiri Scholarship is provided in three forms viz.-
- Full Course Fee concession for PMS FAAS, FC and NUR-
Nearly 20000 students are offered Vidyasiri scholarship each year. Under this scheme, eligible students are provided full fee concession for the course they are enrolled in.
- Free Hostel Accommodation/Fee for Post-Matric Courses-
Under this scholarship, scheme government provides free hostel accommodation and course fee to the meritorious students of SC/ST/ Backward classes. The benefit of this scholarship is only available for post-matric courses i.e. courses after class 10th.
- Prathibha Puraskar Scholarship for SSLC/Secondary PUC-
This scholarship is provided to the meritorious students scoring 90% or above marks in SSLC/ Secondary PUC exams.
Vidyasiri Scholarship Application- Important Dates
|Date of commencement of Fresh Hostel Registration||August 2020|
|Fresh Hostel Registration last date||Updated soon|
|Date of commencement of Pratibha Pushkar registration||August 2020|
|Pratibha Pushkar registration last date||Updated soon|
Fresh & Renewal
for PMS FAAS, FC and NUR Dates
ePass Karnataka Vidyasiri Eligibility Details
Before applying for any of the scholarships under Vidyasiri one should note that the student satisfies all the eligibility requirements. Ineligible students should not apply as their applications will not be accepted.
The eligibility criteria for applying for each type of scholarship is given as under-
- Eligibility Requirements for Full Course Fee concession for PMS FAAS, FC and NUR
- Applicant should be a permanent resident of Karnataka state.
- Students should be enrolled in post-matric courses at schools/ institutions recognized by the Government of Karnataka.
- They should have 75% attendance.
- Income of parents of students belonging to SC/ST category should be upto 2 lakhs per annum.
- Income of parents of students belonging to the Backward Classes/ PWD category should be equal or less than 1 lakh per year.
- Eligibility Requirements for Pratibha Pushkar Scholarship
- Applicant should be domiciled in the state of Karnataka.
- They should be enrolled in any Government or private school of the state.
- Candidates must have secured 90% or above in SSLC/ Secondary PUC exam conducted in the month of March/April 2020.
- This scholarship is offered once to a student for equivalent courses.
- The annual income limit of the parent of students belonging to category 1 should be upto1 lakhs and upto 2.50 lakhs per year for categories 2A, 3A and 3B.
- Eligibility Requirements for Free Hostel Accommodation
- Student should be a permanent resident of Karnataka state.
- Students should belong to Category I/ 2A, 2B/ 3A/ 3B, Schedule Caste, Schedule Tribe or Backward Class.
- The distance of school of the students should be a house at least 5 kilometers from their house.
- Income of parent of these students should be upto 2.50 lakhs per annum.
ePass Karnataka Vidyasiri Application Process
Eligibility students who want to avail the benefit of ePASS Karanataka Vidyasiri Scholarships should submit applications. Applications can be submitted only in online mode. Application process for 2020 is expected to begin in the month of August 2020 for all three types of scholarships.
Before submitting applications, it is advised to all the candidates to keep all the required documents and details ready with them. They must apply within the scheduled dates. Late applications are not accepted under any circumstances. They must keep their application no. and other details related to registration safe for further references.
Check >>> New National Education Policy
Students can submit applications by following the procedure provided below-
- Step 1- Visit the official KarePASS portal i.e. https://karepass.cgg.gov.in.
- Step 2- On the homepage, click on the respective application links given under the title “Student Zone”.
- Step 3- Fill all the details carefully in the application form.
- Step 4- Upload required documents in the space provided.
- Step 5- Check all the details before final submission.
- Step 6- Submit Application.
- Step 7- Take the printout of the filled application form.
- Step 8- After submitting the online application, send the application form along with the attested copies of each document to the concerned district Taluk Office before the due date.
Telangana ePass Scholarship
ePass Karnataka Vidyasiri Scholarship Documents Required
Candidates must have all the relevant documents before submitting applications as they have to send the attested copy of each document to the concerned office. The important document that each applicant is required to have for Vidaysiri scholarship are-
- Senior Secondary Leaving Certificate (SSLC)
- Transfer Certificate (TC) issued by the school or college
- Caste Certificate issued by competent authority (for SC/ST/BC/ PWD category candidates)
- Bank Pass Book for student’s bank account details
- Income Certificate issued by Tahsilar or Sub-Tahsildar
- Residential Certificate/ Domicile certificate
- Latest passport-sized photograph
How to know ePass Karnataka Vidyasiri Application Status?
Students who have completed the registration process, can also track the application status on ePASS. Through which they will come to know that how far the processing of their application has gone. They can check application status online till their application gets approved finally.
To check the application status, applicants can take help from the step-by-step procedure shared as under-
- Visit Karnataka ePASS portal first- https://karepass.cgg.gov.in/.
- Click on “Student Services” option.
- Select “Application Status” from the dropdown list.
- Login page will appear. Enter application no., academic year, SSLC Pass year and other details. Click on “Get Status” link.
- Application Status will appear.
Applicants should note that they have all the necessary details with them in order to check the application status such as application no. (issued at the time of application), SSLC Pass type, year etc. For this, they can refer to the copy application form or any other related document.
How to Know your Application Number?
In case, candidates do not have their application no. they can get it from the online portal. They just have to follow the instructions provided below-
- Go to the official portal i.e. https://karepass.cgg.gov.in.
- Click on “Student Services” tab.
- Click on “Now your application number” link.
- Enter all the required information in respective fields. Candidates will be given two options- Scholarship details and hostel details. For scholarship details they have to click on “Get Scholarship Details” and for hostel they have to click on “Get Hostel Details”.
- Finally, application no. and respective details will appear.
How to know Hostel Application Status?
Those who have applied for hostel scholarship and want to check its application status can follow the instructions given below-
- Open https://karepass.cgg.gov.in/.
- Hit “Student Services” tab given on the homepage.
- Click on “Hostel Application Status” tab.
- Enter Application no. and date of birth. Hit “Get Status” link.
- Finally, hostel application status will appear and candidates can check it.
How to Download Pratibha Acknowledge?
- Visit ePASS Karnataka portal.
- Click on Student Services portal and select “Pratibha Acknowledgement” link from the list.
- Fill application reference no. or other details given at the time of application. Click on “Download Acknowledgment” button.
- Pratibha Acknowledgment will open and download it.
Karnataka ePass Statistics
Below we have given some statistic related to scholarship offered over the year
Statistics for PMS
|Session||Appl. Applied||Appl. Verified||Appl. Sanctioned|
Statistics for FAAS
|Sessions||Appl. Applied||Appl. Verified||Appl. Sanctioned|
Statistics for FC
|Session||Appl. Applied||Appl. Verified||Appl. Sanctioned|
ePASS stands for Electronic Payment and Application System of Scholarship). It is an online portal of Govt. of Karnataka for Vidyasiri Scholarship.
Total three types of scholarships are provided. These are-
Prathibha Puraskar Scholarship for SSLC/Secondary PUC
PMS FAAS, FC and NUR
Free Hostel Accommodation/Fee for Post-Matric Courses
To know your application no. you have to open Karnataka ePASS portal and have to follow the procedure shared above in this article.
You can submit your application through Karnataka ePASS portal.
Yes, you can check the eligibility requirements and other details for all the types of scholarships given in this article.
No, this scholarship is only meant for the students of Karnataka state. To avail the benefit you should have Kerala Domicile.
No selection of students made on be basis applications and eligibility/ merit. No selection test is conducted.
The selection process is conducted by the committee formed by the respective Taluka/ District Office.
The post matric courses are as follows-
Check the scholarship amount below-
Free Hostel Accommodation- It covers the complete hostel and accommodation fee of the student.
PMS FAAS, FC and NUR- Under this, scholarship of Rs.15000/- to 500 Secondary PUC and Rs.10,000/- to 1000 SSLC students is offered on the basis of merit.
Prathibha Puraskar Scholarship for SSLC/Secondary PUC- It also covers full fee of the course.
Yes, without this application process will be completed and such applications will not be considered.
Karnataka Backward Classes Welfare Department
No. 16/D, 3rd Floor, Devraj Urs Bhavan,
Millers Tank Bed Road, Vasanth Nagar,
Bangalore – 560052
Phone No.- 8050370006 (Hostel, 8050770005 (Scholarship), Prathibha, IAS/KAS (8050770004)
We hope you find the information provided in this article beneficial. If you have any issue related to ePASS Karnataka Vidyasiri Scholarship 2020 you can send your doubts to us through the comment section below.