Forensic Science, is the science which deals with the investigation of any crime scene or the analysis of the crime. Forensic science doesn’t deal with illegal situations, they only work under the law. Forensic science is the Criminalistics, which collects the evidence by using science and technology against the criminal, so it is easy for the Officer to catch the real criminal. In this article, you will get to know about the Forensic courses, their admission process, and what are the career opportunities and salary packages in different areas of forensic science, so that the concept regarding Forensic science will be cleared.
- 1 What is the Forensic Science?
- 2 What are the Forensic Science Courses?
- 3 Top 10 Colleges that offered Forensic Science Courses
- 4 What are the career opportunities in Forensic Science?
- 5 Recruiting Sector for Forensic Scientist
What is the Forensic Science?
Forensic Science word came across from the Latin word “forēnsis” which means “of or before the forum”. Forensic science is the Science of Criminalistics and helps the officer personal to collect valuable evidence against that crime, which helps to find the right criminal. It deals with the real proof, not the hypothetical without getting distressed about the consequences. Forensic Science found proof by using various tests like analyzation of DNA, Fingerprints, Test to see the toxicity (detect arsenic oxide), etc.
What are the Forensic Science Courses?
Basically, you can pursue a career in Forensic Science after completed your 10+2 from a science stream with Maths & physics as mandate subjects then you can take admission in any forensic Science offered colleges, some of the top colleges are given below in this article. Forensic can also be subdivided into many categories, so you can choose your interest field, some of the subdivision courses are also given below in this article.
Below listed courses are some of graduate and postgraduate courses of Forensic Science:
|Forensic Science Courses & Course Duration|
|Bachelors in Forensic Science- three years (course duration)|
|Post-graduation in Forensic Science- two years (course duration)|
Post-graduation Diploma in Forensic Science– one year(course duration)
|M.PHil in Forensic Science-three years (course duration)|
P.hD in Forensic Science- three years (course duration)
There is a sub-division of the Forensic Science:
- Comparative Forensic: They verified the physical evidence similarity by using various techniques like Finger Print analysis, Ballistic analysis, etc.
- Forensic in Arts: they deal with the authentication of the paintings, whether it’s fake or not.
- Digital Forensic: They also work in the lab, basically they work to recover electronic or digital data.
- Election Forensic: They analyze the result of the poll.
- Anthropology Forensic: This used for identification by using physical measurement.
- Botany Anthropology: It is used to predict the crime that can be happened by using any plant.
- Dactyloscopy Forensic: It is used to identify various Fingerprints.
- Forensic In Geology: It is the study of soil, petroleum, and minerals.
- Forensic In Intelligence: It is the study of crime by analyzing the data and facts.
- Toxicology Forensic: It is the study of harmful drugs or a poison that affects the body.
- Wildlife Forensic: This involves illegal activities against wildlife like poaching, animal abuse.
- Forensic In psychiatry: It is dealing with criminology.
- Forensic Video Analysis: In this field, video analysis can be done.
- Forensic Odontology: are the expertise dentist, etc.
Top 10 Colleges that offered Forensic Science Courses
- IFS Education Department, Pune
- Department of Forensic science, Agra
- AIIMS, Delhi
- Centre for Cyber Forensics and Information Security, Chennai
- Institute of Forensic Science, Gujarat
- Institute of Forensic Science & Criminology, Chandigarh
- Lady Hardinge Medical Science, New Delhi
- Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Narayan Institute of Criminology and Forensic Science, New Delhi
- Government Institute of Forensic Science, Aurangabad
- Institute of Forensic Science, Mumbai
What is the Admission Process of Forensic Science College?
- There is no national entrance exam for forensic Science, but some of the universities conduct entrance exams for a bachelor’s degree.
- After 12th you can easily pursue this course if you passed 10+2 from the science stream with two mandatory subjects (Physics and Maths).
- Fost Postgraduation you need BSc. in Forensic.
- There are colleges that give admission without a University entrance examination.
What are the career opportunities in Forensic Science?
Job Opportunity In Government Sector
- Forensic Investigator
- Chief Information Officer in CBI
- Pathology Assistant in government Forensic labs
- Assistant Central Intelligence Officer IN Intelligence Bureau
- Consultant in Forensic Science Service
Job Opportunity In Outside India
- Forensic Psychologist
- Blood Stain Pattern Analyst
- Digital Forensics
- Anthropologist Forensics
- DNA analyst
- Ballistic Forensic Expert
- Computer Expert
- Forensic Toxicologist
What is the Salary criteria of Forensic Science?
|Police Officer||6lakhs per annum|
|Forensic Scientist||4 to 5 lakhs per annum|
|Forensic Investigator||3 Lakh per annum|
|Analyst of Drug||3 to 4 lakhs per annum|
|CIO||4 to 7 lakhs per annum|
|Forensic Serologist||4.5 lakhs per annum|
|Forensic Lab Assistant||3 lakhs per annum|
|ACIO||3 to 4 lakhs per annum|
|Forensic Toxicologist||10 lakhs per annum|
Recruiting Sector for Forensic Scientist
The growth rate after doing Forensic Science is quite good if you work hard in the right direction. There are lots of job opportunities not only in the private sectors but also in government sectors as well as Abroad there is no lack of opportunities.
- Department of Police
- Many Universities
- Legal Firms
- In Army Sector
- Work as Private detectives
- Many Hospitals
- In Defence Sector
- IB (Intelligence Bureau)
- Criminalistics Laboratories
- In Bank and an Insurance company
- Central Bureau of Investigation(CBI)
|Career in BUMS|
|Career In Logistics & Supply Chain Management|
|Career As Gynecologist|
|Career In ANM & GNM Scope|
|Career In Printing Technology Courses|
Frequently Asked Questions
The salary of a in Forensic Science career is depend in which sector you are working.
Forensic Science word came across from the Latin word “forēnsis” which means “of or before the forum”. Forensic science is the Science of Criminalistics and helps the officer personal to collect valuable evidence against that crime, which helps to find the right criminal.
These are the following job opportunity: DNA analyst, Ballistic Forensic Expert, Computer Expert, Forensic Toxicologist and many more.
There is no National Exam, but some of the University conduct their own University Entrance Examination.
After 12th you can easily pursue this course if you passed 10+2 from the science stream with two mandatory subjects (Physics and Math’s).
The following colleges are available:
IFS Education Department, Pune
Department of Forensic science, Agra
Centre for Cyber Forensics and Information Security, Chennai
Institute of Forensic Science, Gujarat
Institute of Forensic Science & Criminology, Chandigarh, etc.
The following courses come under Forensic Science:
Bachelors in Forensic Science- three years (course duration)
Post-graduation in Forensic Science- two years (course duration)
Post-graduation Diploma in Forensic Science- one year(course duration)
M.PHil in Forensic Science-three years (course duration)
P.hD in Forensic Science- three years (course duration)
You need to be Intelligent, observing skill, technical skills, etc.
Here are some of the courses:
Department of Police, Universities, Legal Firm, Work as Private detectives, Many Hospitals, In Defence Sector and much more.
Yes, to become career in Forensic Science is absolutely a great choice, if you have skills and potential to do that.
No, this course is based on the practical examination, so distance course cant be possible.
Forensic medicine is one of the subdivision of forensic science, which is also called as Forensic Pathology.
Forensic Science is subdivided into Comparative Forensic, Forensic in Arts, Digital Forensic, Election Forensic, Anthropology Forensic, Botany Anthropology, Dactyloscopy Forensic, Forensic In Geology, Forensic In Intelligence, Toxicology Forensic, Wildlife Forensic, Forensic In psychiatry, Forensic Video Analysis, Forensic Odontology, etc.
If you talk about the positive thing in the career of Forensic Science, it can be a handsome salary, tremendous growth in the career both in India and outside India.
But if talk about the negative effect, so have the pressure of work which is usual in every job sector, if you don’t know how to tackle the situation, there should be unusual working hours, no fixed hours of working.
It is the study of various drugs and poisons that affects the body and leads to the death or damage of organs, which is basically what you have seen in drink and drive cases or drug addiction cases, all these types of cases are verified by Forensic Toxicologist.
Actually, they deal with the person’s psychology, by seeing their facial expression, hand movements, eye movements, etc. Forensic Psychiatrist is basically helping in criminal cases by using their skills and what they during their practice.