For many years in India, people of a minority group have been taken for granted by higher people. For the welfare of SC/ ST/ OBC people, several states have implemented various schemes/scholarships. Educating each child in the state would lead to the development of the entire state and the country. Likewise, Assam has also commenced a plan named Assam post matric scholarship.
Through this scholarship, various minority children will get an education. If you are searching for the post-matric scholarship for Assam, you are at the correct portal. In this article, we will share all the info regarding the Assam post-matric scholarship, eligibility criteria, a method to fill out the application form for studentship, etc.
Assam Post Matric Scholarship Application 2023
After examining the previous year’s statistical data of Assam state, they concluded that it is necessary to implement specific schemes related to education in the state. The government of Assam has received many application forms from needy students after implementing the Assam post-matric scholarship.
This plan will support economically all SC, ST, and OBC students living across the state. Students wanting to enrol in the 11th and 12th classes or UG/ PG/Ph.D./ M.Phil courses can use this scholarship. No student will have to leave their studies due to a lack of money. Minor caste students will also get the opportunity to fulfil their dreams.
The objective of Post Matric Scholarship 2023
The primary aim of this scholarship is to provide financial aid for post-matric education to all SC/ ST/ OBC students living in Assam. With this plan, many students will get an opportunity to study higher education.
Eligibility Standard for Post Matric Scholarship 2023
This article section will tell you category-wise eligibility criteria for all students. Applicants are suggested they must take a review of all criteria presented in the table.
|OBC Category Applicants
|SC Category Candidates
|ST Category Aspirants
Overview of Assam Post Matric 2023 Scholarship
|Name of the Scholarship
|Assam Post Matric 2023 Scholarship
|Government of Assam
|Official Portal Name
|National Scholarship Portal
|Official Website Link
|SC/ ST/ OC category students of Assam pursuing higher education (11th class or any other higher ed.)
|Application Form Status
|Objective of Scholarship
|To support students financially
|Scheme Closing Date
|Post Matric Scholarship for ST and OBC: December 2023
Post Matric Scholarship for SC: January 2024
|Official Site of Assam
Post Matric 2023 Studentship Payable Amount
|For Day Scholar Students
|For Hosteller Students
|Admission and Tuition Fee for XI & XII Standard
|Rupees 7000 per year
|Rupees 7000 per year
|Admission and Tuition Charges for Technical and Vocational Programs Of 11th and 12th class.
|10,000 Rupees per year
|10,000 Rupees per year
|Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs Admission and Tuition Fee
|3000 Rupees per year
|3000 Rupees per year
|Maintenance Allowance for Ten Months in an Academic Year for 11th and 12th Including Technical & Vocational Courses.
|230 Rupees per month
|380 Rupees per month
|For Undergraduate and Postgraduate 10 Months Maintenance Allowance in an Academic Session for Courses Other Than Technical and Professional Programs.
|300 Rupees per month
|570 Rupees per month
|10 Months Maintenance Allowance in an Academic Year For M.Phil And Ph.D Courses.
|550 Rupees per month
|1200 Rupees per month
The process to Apply for SC/ ST/ OBC Post Matric Scholarship
Applicants can register on the official scholarship portal. Students must fill in all the correct info on the application form and upload all documents. Follow the given procedure to register yourself on the portal.
Step 1st- For registration, students have to open the official portal link or click on the official site link at the end of this article.
Step 2nd- The website’s homepage will be visible on your screen.
Step 3rd- “New Registration” button will be present on the top of the homepage.
Step 4- Applicants have to click that tab.
Step 5- The instruction page will open on the new page.
Step 6th- Read all guidelines carefully and then “Tick” all checkboxes given at the end of the page, and hit the “Continue” option.
Step 7- Wait for a few seconds, and the registration form will be displayed on your system.
Step 8– After that, you must fill in all your basic and bank details on the application form and upload the documents.
Step 9- Cross-verify all info and submit the application form.
Step 10– Applicants receive an OTP on the given email/ contact number after submitting the form.
Step 11- Next, candidates must enter OTP on a new page, and your login and password will be generated.
Step 12th- Now, you can log in with your credentials and easily know about any other scheme & its eligibility criteria initiated by the government.
Documents Needed to Upload on Application Form
While filling out the application form, students require a scanned copy of some important documents that they have to upload on the application form. Check the table given to know the names of the certificates.
|Aadhaar Card of the Applicant
|Photograph of Student
|Domicile of Aspirant
|Previous year Educational Qualification Marksheet and Certificates
|Admission Proof Documents
|Bank Details of the Applicant and Fee receipt details for the course
How to Renew Assam Post Matric Scholarship?
All those applicants who want to renew their scholarship must check some mild steps given below in this section.
- Aspirants have to visit the official portal @scholarship.gov.in.
- Now, students will see the “Login” button at the top of the homepage.
- Click on that button, and a dropdown box will open, select the “Renewal 2023” option from it.
- The login form will be displayed on your screen; enter all information, like the application ID, password, and captcha given on the screen.
- Click the “Login” button.
- A renewal form will be presented on the next page. Enter all details on the form.
- Finally, submit the application form.
Assam Post Matric Studentship Other Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship will be terminated if the student fails to achieve 50% marks or an equivalent grade in the final examination. The scholarship shall not be awarded for higher than the usual period for acquiring a doctoral degree/graduation or postgraduation / M. Phil.
- If students violate any other terms and provisions of the scholarship, the scholarship may be deferred or dropped. The state government can immediately cancel the award if satisfied with the purposes for breaking these rules administering the plan.
- The movement of applicants from one college to another will not ordinarily be done during the academic year. Besides, in exceptional academic circumstances and the interest in the student’s scholastic profession.
- If a student accepts the scholarship with inaccurate statements or certificates, later, his or her studentship will be removed, and the amount of scholarship paid will be redeemed at the inclination of the government of Assam.
- Scholarships should not be proffered to more than two scholars from the same household.
- The course tuition fee and subsistence allowance will be transferred straight into the bank account of the candidate.
|Assam Post Matric Scholarship Application 2023 (Releasing Soon)
|For Related Updates, Check Out
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I check my application status after submission?
Yes, you can check the status after submitting the application form. Application status will show that your application form is under processing or processed by the govt of Assam.
What is the main aim of the Assam post-matric scholarship plan?
The objective of this studentship is to provide education and financial support to all minority section students of Assam state. This scheme will be beneficial for those students who don’t get opportunities to study higher education due to the absence of money.
What type of document is needed at the time of application form submission for a post-matric scholarship?
Certificates like an Aadhaar Card, Photo of the Student, Income Certificate, Caste Certificate of the Aspirant, Domicile of Assam, Previous Scholastic Marksheet of the Student, etc. A scanned copy would be required during application form submission.