The PMSS is the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme implemented for the widows and wards of the deceased/ex-service personnel of the Armed Forces in India. The scheme helps in encouraging the beneficiaries for technical and post-graduation education. The National Defence Fund, administered by the Prime Minister’s Office, will fund the PMSS Scholarship Scheme.
Beneficiaries can take advantage of the scholarship for education and multiple technical institutes of engineering, MBA, MCA, veterinary, medical, etc., which the AICTE/UGC approves. For more details about the PMSS Scholarship 2023 for ESM/Ex Coast Guard Personnel Ward, read the article.
PMSS Scholarship 2023
The officials introduced the scheme to the public in 2006. Under the scheme, the officials award a total of 5500 scholarships annually. Previously, the scholarship amount was Rs. 2000/- for boys and Rs. 2250 for girls per month. However, the amount is distributed annually. Now, the amount has been increased w.e.f 2019-20, which is Rs. 2500/- for boys and Rs. 3000/- for girls per month.
The concerned authority transfers the amount into the bank of the selected candidates through the ECS. From 2016-17, the scheme migrated from offline to online medium.
ksb.gov.in PMSS Scholarship: Highlights
|Name of the Scheme||Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme|
|Managed by||Kendriya Sainik Board|
|Introduced in||Academic year 2006-07|
|Beneficiaries||Dependent wards of Ex Servicemen / Ex Coast Guard personnel and their widows|
|Objective||To encourage higher technical and professional education|
|Application Last Date||30 November 2023|
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the scheme, the readers need to know the eligibility set for the respective scheme. Below, we have provided detailed information regarding it:
- Students already admitted in the first year of the applied course (Excluding Lateral Entry and Integrated Course) can apply for the scheme.
- Interested candidates must have scored at least 60% in the minimum educational qualification.
- Students currently studying in the 2nd year or subsequent are not eligible for the post.
- Interested candidates must be dependent wards/widows of Ex-Servicemen and Ex Coast Guard personnel to apply for the scheme.
- Wards of Civilians are not eligible to apply for the scheme (Including Para Military Personnel).
Required Documents to apply for the PMSS Scholarship
- Bonafide Certificates signed by Dean/ Associate Dean/ Registrar/ VC, etc.
- Ex-Servicemen / Ex-Coast Guard Certificate signed by ZSB/ Coast Guard HQ.
- Minimum Educational Qualification Certificates like 12th Marlsheet, Diploma, etc. (As Applicable)
- The certificate states that the Aadhaar card is linked to the respective student’s bank account from the bank.
- Class 10th Certification for the Date of Birth verification
- Bank Passbook 1st Page showing name, account number and IFSC code clearly (PNB and SBI will be preferred)
- Adhaar Card of the Candidate.
How to apply online for the Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme?
Here are the steps which will help the readers in submitting the application form for the above-mentioned scheme:
- Start the process by visiting the official website of the Kendriya Sainik Board Secretariat (KSB), i.e., https://ksb.gov.in/
- Now, you will see various options attached horizontally at the top of the home screen.
- Locate and click on the PMSS option available there and the device will open a drop-down menu.
- There, you must tap on the New Application link, and, the device will open a new menu where you need to tap the Apply Online link.
- After this, the registration form, which is divided into two parts, will appear.
- Kindly carefully provide all the details on the form to get successfully registered.
- Afterwards, log into the portal, and the scholarship application form will form.
- Start filling out the particulars on the scholarship form and then proceed with the next step.
- Upload the document the authority asks for and ensure that each document is neat and clear.
- Before final submission, take a preview of the filled application form.
How to Renew the PMSS Scholarship Application Form?
Applicants registered under the scholarship need to renew their Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme Application Form, whose steps are given as:
- Start the procedure by landing on the authorized website of the Kendriya Sainik Board Secretariat (KSB), i.e., https://ksb.gov.in/
- Now, you need to find and click on the PMSS option, and the device will directly open a drop-down menu.
- Afterwards, tap on the Renewal Application, and a new menu will open on the side.
- You must click on the Apply Online link there, and finally, a new page will open on the screen.
- The login section will be available on the new screen. Provide the Username, Password and Verification Code.
- The dashboard will open on the respective device. Click on the application renewal link, and then a form will open.
- Enter the details on it and also upload the documents asked there within the specified format and size.
- Once the mentioned steps are completed, click on the submit link.
PMSS Scholarship 2023: Important Links
|Visit the Website||Kendriya Sainik Board Secretariat Website Link|
|Apply Online||PMSS Scholarship Application Link|
|Check Out||PMSS Application Status Link|
|Renew Application||PMSS Application Renewal Link|
|Get the latest updates on||NVSHQ, Home Page|
Frequently Asked Questions
How many PMSS Scholarships are available for candidates?
A total of 5500 wards/widows of Ex-servicemen are selected for the above-mentioned scholarship for each academic year.
What details are needed to check the application status for the PMSS Scholarship?
Applicants must provide their respective DAK ID and Verification code to check the application status for the PMSS Scholarship.
From where can we get the PMSS Scholarship-Related Links?
Applicants can get PMSS Scholarship-Related Links like application links, login links and others by visiting the official website of the Kendriya Sainik Board Secretariat (KSB).