Ishan Uday Scholarship 2021-22 Registration last date is 31st December: The University Grants Commission or UGC awards 10,000 scholarships every year to children belonging to the Economically Weaker Section in Noth Eastern Region. This scholarship aims to encourage education in the backward parts of society. With the financial assistance that will be provided to the eligible candidates, they can easily afford the educational expenses easily and focus on studies more than the monetary issues. Candidates need to apply online before 15th January 2022 for receiving benefits under this scholarship. Get complete information about the Application Form and the Scholarship Amount here in this article.
Update: Application submission deadline for Ishan Uday Scholarship is extended to 15th January 2022.
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2021
The Ishan Uday Scholarship is an initiative of the University Grants Commission to promote education in the North Eastern Region. It is specifically to support children having financially unstable backdrops. The scholarship was launched after consultation by UGC with the State and Central Government. Under this scheme, the students will get the amount in form of a monthly stipend to support their regular educational needs. The registrations will be accepted till 15th January 2022. The students who are eligible for the scheme need to apply online through the National Scholarships portal.
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2021: Highlights
|Name of the Scholarship||Ishan Uday Scholarship|
|Authority||University Grants Commission or UGC|
|Aim||To promote education and improve GER|
|Beneficiaries||Students in North Eastern Region belonging to Economically Weaker Sections|
|Scholarship Amount||Rs.5,400 per month or Rs.7,800 per month depending upon the course of study|
|Number of Scholarships||10,000|
|Last Date to Register||15th January 2022|
|Defective and Institute Verification||31 January 2022|
Objective of Ishan Uday Scholarship 2021
The prime aim of this scholarship was to promote education by proving monetary assistance to students who were financially unstable. Due to less income of the family, students usually have to drop out of college. Thus, to increase the Gross Enrollment Ratio or GER and reduce the dropout cases, the UGC decided to pursue this scheme.
Moreover, the Commission will ensure a fair opportunity to females which will further develop equal gender opportunities for higher studies in the North Eastern Region. Professional education will additionally get promoted thus creating a scope of growth for the state. Through this scholarship, the budget that is allocated to the state will also be employed in an optimized manner.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Amount
Scholarship Amount will be directly disbursed in accounts of 10,000 selected students. The amount will be different for General Courses and the Professional Courses. For General degree courses such as Bachelor of Arts, Sciences or Commerce and more, the students will receive Rs. 5,400 per month to support the financial expenses. For Professional courses such as Engineering, Medical, Technical, Paramedical, management, etc, the amount has been fixed as Rs. 7,800 per month. The money will be undeviatingly transferred into the bank account of the applicant through the Direct Bank Transfer (DBT) method. The eligible students can apply for the monthly stipend and after proper verification of the documents, the scholarship will be awarded.
The Scholarship is not confined to a particular state but to a region, that is North Eastern. All the states that fall under the section will be covered in this scheme. The number of scholarships that will be awarded under this scheme is decided and limited. Ten Thousand Scholarships will be awarded to the selected eligible candidates. The number of Scholarships will be divided carefully on the basis of the population of the states. If there are vacant seats in a particular state, they will be accordingly distributed in the other states. There will be a fixed reservation of 3% of the slots for Persons with Disabilities. The reservations for Transgender students will also be made as per the norms of the Indian Government.
Eligibility Criteria for Ishan Uday Scholarship 2021
The following eligibility criteria need to be observed by the candidates before the application for the scholarship:
- The student must be a resident of North Eastern Region and have a State domicile to prove so.
- The income of the parents must not increase 4.45 Lakhs per annum from all sources.
- Passed XII standard or equivalent in the preceeding year, that is 2020 for application in year 2021.
- Admitted into an institution recognised by the University Grants Commission or UGC.
Students who will qualify any of the following exclusion criteria will be not awarded with the Scholarship Amount:
- Students who are pursuing distance education from Open Universities.
- This scholarship is not for the diploma courses but only for courses which will lead to anb award of degree.
- Students who are already availing benefits under an Undergraduate Education Scholarship Scheme will not get awarded.
- Students whi have qualified under the “Management Quota” cannot apply.
Features of Ishan Uday Scholarship 2021
The following are the features of the scholarship:
- The scholarship will cover the students in each state of North Eastern Region in a fair manner since the slot distribution will depend upon the population of each state.
- The Scheme will ensure equal opportunities to the females and transgender as provisions and reservations will be made accordingly.
- Students in Integrated courses will also get coverage under this scheme. However, the schme will hold invalid for Dual degree courses with different tenures.
- The amount will be disbursed directly into the accounts of the beneficiaries through Direct Bank Transfer or DBT method.
- The students will have to apply for renewal of scholarship ebery year for the duration of their course.
- All the information pertaining to the scholarship is available on the University Grants Commission portal and National Scholarship Portal.
Documents to be uploaded
The following documents need to be uploaded while filling out the application form:
- Domicile certificate.
- Proof of annual income of the parents of the candidate.
- Joining Performa for fresh awardees or Performa for renewal issued by the institution.
- ID proof
- Photograph of the Applicant
- Address Proof
- Educational Certificates such as Class XII or equivalent marksheets
Ishan Uday Scholarship Application Procedure
The students need to apply online for the scholarship through the National Scholarships portal. Although the University Grants Commission portal offers complete information on its portal, the application will proceed on National Scholarship Portal. Follow the subsequent steps to apply for the scholarship online before its deadline:
- Visit the official web portal of National Scholarships Portal at scholarships.gov.in.
- Click on “New Registration” and a registration form guidelines page will consequently open up.
- Read all the guidelines and click on “Continue” after agreeing to all the terms and conditions.
- Enter all the details marked with “*”.
- Select the scholarship category as “Post Matric/Top Class/MCM”.
- Select Scheme type as “Incentive Type”.
- Enter the mobile number. A One Time Password or OTP will be generated in order to verify the number. Enter the OTP to successfully register.
- Enter the captcha code given in the box and finally press “Submit”.
- Login into the portal by tapping on “Login to Apply”.
- Fill out the complete application form and attest the important documents by uploading them online.
- Review the application after completely filling it out because candidates will not be allowed to make corrections and the wrong application form will be considered. Finally press “Submit”.
The students can check the official notification by Clicking Here. If they still face issues, they can contact the helpdesk. There is no specific helpdesk set up to deal with the problems related to the Ishan Uday Scholarship 2021. However, the students can contact the National Scholarships Portal as mentioned on scholarships.gov.in. The students can contact 0120 – 6619540 or use mail support at email@example.com.