The University Grants Commission UGC awards 10,000 scholarships yearly to children from the Economically Weaker Section in the North Eastern Region. This scholarship aims to encourage education in the backward parts of society. With the financial assistance provided to the eligible candidates, they can easily afford the educational expenses and focus on studies more than monetary issues. This article contains complete information about the Application Form and the Scholarship Amount.
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023
The Ishan Uday Scholarship is an initiative of the University Grants Commission to promote education in the North Eastern Region. It is specifically to support children having financially unstable backdrops. The scholarship was launched after UGC consulted with the State and Central governments.
Under this scheme, the students will get the amount in the form of a monthly stipend to support their regular educational needs. The eligible students for the scheme must apply online through the National Scholarships portal.
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023: Highlights
|Name of the Scholarship
|Ishan Uday Scholarship
|University Grants Commission or UGC
|To promote education and improve GER
|Students in North Eastern Region belonging to Economically Weaker Sections
|Rs.5,400 per month or Rs.7,800 per month, depending upon the course of study
|Number of Scholarships
|Last Date to Register
|31 December 2023
|Defective and Institute Verification
The objective of Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023
The prime aim of this scholarship was to promote education by providing monetary assistance to financially unstable students. Due to less income from the family, students usually have to drop out of college. Thus, the UGC decided to pursue this scheme to increase the Gross Enrollment Ratio GER and reduce the dropout cases.
Moreover, the Commission will ensure a fair opportunity for females, further developing equal gender opportunities for higher studies in the North Eastern Region. Professional education will additionally get promoted, thus creating a scope of growth for the state. Through this scholarship, the budget that is allocated to the state will also be employed in an optimized manner.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Amount
The scholarship Amount will be directly disbursed to the accounts of 10,000 selected students. The amount will be different for General Courses and Professional Courses. For General degree courses such as Bachelor of Arts, Sciences or Commerce and more, the students will receive Rs. 5,400 monthly to support the financial expenses. Professional courses such as Engineering, Medical, Technical, Paramedical, management, etc. have been fixed at Rs. 7,800 monthly.
The money will be undeviatedly transferred into the applicant’s bank account through the Direct Bank Transfer (DBT) method. The eligible students can apply for the monthly stipend, and the scholarship will be awarded after properly verifying the documents.
The Scholarship is not confined to a particular state but to a North Eastern region. This scheme will cover all the states that fall under the section. The number of scholarships awarded under this scheme is decided and limited. Ten Thousand Scholarships will be awarded to the selected eligible candidates. The number of Scholarships will be divided carefully based on the state’s population. If there are vacant seats in a particular state, they will be accordingly distributed in the other states. There will be a fixed reservation of 3% of the slots for Persons with Disabilities. The reservations for Transgender students will also be made as per the norms of the Indian Government.
Eligibility Criteria for Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023
The following eligibility criteria need to be observed by the candidates before the application for the scholarship:
- The student must be a resident of the North Eastern Region and have a State domicile to prove so.
- The parent’s income must not increase by 4.45 Lakhs per annum from all sources.
- Passed XII standard or equivalent in the preceding year.
- Admitted into an institution recognised by the University Grants Commission or UGC.
Students who clear any of the following exclusion criteria will not be awarded the Scholarship Amount:
- Students who are pursuing distance education from Open Universities.
- This scholarship is not for the diploma courses but only for courses which will lead to an award of a degree.
- Students already availing of benefits under an Undergraduate Education Scholarship Scheme will not get awarded.
- Students who have qualified under the “Management Quota” cannot apply.
Features of Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023
The following are the features of the scholarship:
- The scholarship will cover the students in each state of the North Eastern Region legally since the slot distribution will depend upon the population of each state.
- The Scheme will ensure equal opportunities for females and transgender as provisions and reservations will be made accordingly.
- Students in Integrated courses will also get coverage under this scheme. However, the scheme will hold invalid for Dual degree courses with different tenures.
- The amount will be disbursed directly into the accounts of the beneficiaries through Direct Bank Transfer or DBT method.
- The students will have to apply for a renewal of scholarship every year for the duration of their course.
- All the information about the scholarship is available on the University Grants Commission portal and the National Scholarship Portal.
Documents to be uploaded
The following documents need to be uploaded while filling out the application form:
- Domicile certificate.
- Proof of annual income of the parents of the candidate.
- Joining Performa for fresh awardees or Performa for renewal issued by the institution.
- ID proof
- Photograph of the Applicant
- Address Proof
- Educational Certificates such as Class XII or equivalent mark sheets
Ishan Uday Scholarship Application Procedure
The students must apply online for the scholarship through the National Scholarships portal. Although the University Grants Commission portal offers complete information on it, the application will proceed on the National Scholarship Portal. Follow the subsequent steps to apply for the scholarship online before its deadline:
- Visit the official web portal, National Scholarships Portal, at scholarships.gov.in.
- Click on “New Registration”, and a registration form guidelines page will open.
- Read all the guidelines and click “Continue” after agreeing to all the terms and conditions.
- Enter all the details marked with “*”.
- Select the “Post Matric/Top Class/MCM” scholarship category.
- Select the Scheme type as “Incentive Type”.
- Enter the mobile number. A Time Password or OTP will be generated to verify the number. Enter the OTP to register successfully.
- Enter the captcha code in the box and press “Submit”.
- Login into the portal by tapping on “Login to Apply”.
- Fill out the complete application form and attest the important documents by uploading them online.
- Review the application after filling it out because candidates will not be allowed to make corrections, and the wrong application form will be considered. Finally, press “Submit”.
If they still face issues, they can contact the helpdesk. No specific helpdesk is set up to deal with the problems related to the Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023. However, the students can contact the National Scholarships Portal, as mentioned on scholarships.gov.in. The students can contact 0120 – 6619540 or use mail support at email@example.com.