The LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship is an altruistic approach of the Life Insurance Corporation to provide financial aid to deserving students lacking monetary resources. The goal is to ensure that children belonging to economically weaker backgrounds do not get lagged due to their status. The opportunity to educate one generation creates a hope that the next one will be better. The objective is to ensure the meriting aspirant receives pecuniary assistance for their higher studies.
LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Basic Criteria
The candidates applying for the scholarship need to meet certain criteria to be eligible for the mentioned grant:-
|STUDENT APPLYING||MINIMUM MARKS REQUIRED||SCHOLARSHIP GRANTED FOR||AMOUNT OF SCHOLARSHIP||DURATION|
|10th passed||60% marks or equivalent grade.||Vocational, Diploma courses or ITI.||Rs. 20,000/- per annum in 3 instalments.||Depending upon the course duration.|
|12th passed||60% or equivalent grade.||Higher Education in Medical, Engineering, Graduation or even Integrated Courses. Vocational, Diploma courses or ITI are also eligible.||Rs. 20,000/- per annum in 3 instalments.||Depending upon the course duration.|
|Special Girl Child Scholar||60% or equivalent grade.||(10+2) Intermediate level schooling, Vocational, Diploma or ITI.||Rs. 10,000/- per annum in 3 instalments.||For two years. (T&C applied).|
Other Necessary Criteria
- The annual income of the family should be less than 2,50,000 INR. *Except for the case of single, unmarried or widowed mothers. They are issued a relaxation of 4,00,000 INR, considering she is the family’s only provider.
- Students pursuing courses as part-time or at home school will not be granted the Scholarship.
- The course (vocational, diploma, ITI, engineering, medical, etc.) and the institution should be government-recognised. *ITI – Industrial Training Institute.
- Two children from the same family would not be granted the scholarship; only one shall be eligible.
- Candidates can be of any stream for applying for the scholarship.
- The LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship is not meant for postgraduate or equivalent degrees.
Steps To Apply For The LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship
The applications are to be submitted via online mode only on the official website www.licindia.in
- The homepage of LIC India will have the required option LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship.
- Click on the open, and the application for the scholarship scheme will appear.
- Enter the required respective details.
- Submit the demanded documents.
- You will receive an email of acknowledgement on your registered E-mail ID.
Do not share false documents or fake identities regarding income of any sort. If caught, the LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship will be authorized to recover the full scholarship amount legally.
Document required for Scholarship
The candidates need to provide the following documents:
- Aadhaar card as identity proof.
- Passport-size photographs. (Make sure they are the latest.)
- Address proof
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Birth certificate
- Mobile number
LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship: Important Instructions
Here are a few instructions that the aspirant must follow so that they don’t make any mistakes regarding their application:
- Marksheet the year before and after the scholarship is granted, the students must submit their mark sheet from time to time to the LIC Golden Jubilee Foundation to renew their scholarship accordingly.
- Applicants are requested to enter their bank details carefully and ensure the account is active.
- There is another special option if the immediate family member has recently passed away due to covid 19. In such cases, the applicant must submit that family member’s death certificate.
- The email after submission of the form is a confirmation that the form has been submitted.
- Recheck the details in the form before submission.
LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Selection Terms and Conditions
- The Foundation shall do all the selections and shortlisting, and the rights are reserved. Any dispute regarding the same shall not be entertained.
- For the selection, both merit and family income shall be considered for shortlisting.
- In case of a tie, the student coming from a lesser-income family shall be considered.
- After shortlisting, only 20 candidates shall be funded under the “Regular Scholar Scheme” and ten under the “Girl Child Scheme”.
After Attaining the Scholarship
Since the LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship needs to be renewed, you need to make sure certain points to keep availing the benefits:
- If the scholar under the Girl Child scholarship fails to attain at least 50% marks in class 11th she shall not be eligible for the scholarship renewal for the next year.
- Scholarships will not continue if the student fails to attain 55% in professional streams and 50% in graduation courses in the final exams for the duration the scholarship is awarded.
- Regular attendance shall be demanded from the scholar. Failing to do so will result in the discontinuation of the scholarship.
- Violating the terms and conditions of the LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship will result in suspension or even termination.
History and Aim
The Golden Jubilee Foundation was started in 2006, and since then, it has been actively engaging in social activities. As a member of the corporate world, LIC has helped people belonging to the economically weaker sections by providing funds for their health, education and even shelter for abandoned senior citizens.
The LIC Jubilee Foundation has forever put forward its best resolutions to reduce poverty. Known for philanthropic activities, the foundation has reached many milestones. Be it ambulances for hospitals or school buses, Golden Jubilee Foundation has been one step ahead.
During natural disasters, with the help of the NGO, GJF has provided food and shelter to the agonized people. The LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship is yet another mission of improving the standard of living by educating the new generation, who, in turn, will educate the next generation.
|Apply Online||LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Online Application|
|Get the Latest Updates Here||NVSHQ Homepage|
I submitted my form but have not received any acknowledgement letter as an email; what to do?
This is probably a technical error. Wait for some time, or try applying from a desktop. Mobile phone applications might be problematic.
Where do I check my application status?
Applicants are requested to keep visiting the LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship at www.licindia.com for further notifications. Keep yourself posted.
Why haven’t I received any acknowledgement message even though I applied for the LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship 1 week ago?
The email provided while applying should be active and the application should be submitted via the desktop or a laptop.
What is the minimum amount I will receive if I am selected for the Girl Child scholarship?
The minimum scholarship amount is 10,000 INR per annum.