Father of the Groom Speech: Weddings are always extremely special. They call for extreme joy, emotions, and the commemoration of love. It is an exceptional experience for both the groom and the bride and the people connected to them. It proves to be a season to smile and shine. In each religion and culture, the rituals and how to proceed differ.
However, what stands out as similar are the emotions. It is always observed that the people participating in weddings have similar feelings about the positive changes that their loved ones shall go through.
As the groom’s father, the emotions might be pride, extreme happiness, an envisaging for a better future, and maybe accepting and creating space for another family member who shall be the bride. It might be difficult to articulate the feelings and prove them with words.
However, if you have to give a speech on the day of your son’s wedding, you will have to brief your emotions. This can be challenging, especially for fathers who are not used to speaking their hearts out. Still, giving a toast can be overwhelming and, thus, confusing. The following article shall guide you through. Check for quotes, sample speeches, and important tips for the Father of the Groom Speech in English.
Father of the Groom Speech in English
If you have to give a toast on the day of your son’s wedding, you will surely be filled with a bundle of emotions. It is an overwhelming occasion. The prime aim should be to deliver your wishes and, most importantly, convey your understanding of marriage. The speech has to fill in the groom with confidence and assure the bride of the amazing time they shall have together.
However, the event is a sure trigger for tears. Thus, it will be better to prepare the speech in advance and deliver it with some preparation to avoid unwanted emotions.
Father of the Groom Speech Tips
Subsequent tips must be observed while preparing the speech as they shall prove to be extremely valuable while delivering the content:-
- Prepare the content of the speech in advance.
- Share your understanding of the concept of marriage.
- Tell the groom and bride how they have made you happy and what changes both will face in their respective lives as they kickstart this new journey together.
- Add quotes to beautify the speech.
- Thank the guests for their presence.
- Convey your wishes through the speech.
- Remember to make the speech extremely positive and avoid anything that will make the occasion sad.
Quotes to add to the Speech
Adding quotes to the speech can be a great way to make it interesting and beautiful. They prove a point and are engaging and exceptionally pleasant to hear. Here are a few quotes that you can add to your speech on the wedding of your son:
- Marriage is not a noun; it’s a verb. It isn’t something you get. It’s something you do. It’s the way you love your partner every day. ~ Barbara De Angelis
- Happy is the man who finds a true friend, and far happier is he who finds that true friend in his wife. ~ Franz Schubert
- Great marriages are partnerships. It can’t be a great marriage without being a partnership. ~ Helen Mirren
- A successful marriage is an edifice that must be rebuilt every day. ~ Andre Maurois
- Falling in love consists merely in uncorking the imagination and bottling the common sense. ~ Helen Rowland
- True love stands by each other’s side on good days and stands closer on bad days.
- Marriage is not just spiritual communion, it is also remembering to take out the trash. ~ Joyce Brothers
- A perfect marriage is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other.
- A man in love is incomplete until he is married. Then he’s finished. ~ Zsa Zsa Gabor
- A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. ~ Mignon McLaughlin
Father of the Groom Sample Speech
Good Morning/ Afternoon/ Evening to all present here gracing the occasion of my son’s wedding. I am grateful for this day, your presence, and especially the love that is the reason for our assembly. These two kids sitting right here are getting married. It is funny how I was holding my son’s little hands and teaching him to love and respect the world, and now he, having learnt that, will proceed to live a relationship that will be the epitome of love and respect.
I am still trying to figure out how he grew so instantly, enough to start his world with this beautiful girl. Both of you are exceptional children and we are super proud that you have decided to hold each other’s hands for the rest of your life.
Marriage implies forever to me. I got married and am bound to a relationship that establishes trust, admiration, and faith. As I stand here, I know that there is someone who I call a wife who shall support me despite all my flaws. But, as I keep this box full of expectations in my heart, I also have a bigger and fuller box of love for her.
My son, you must always remember that marriage is not expecting or simply the other person cleaning up your mess at all times, despite every tough circumstance. It is a partnership. Conjugal ties work when there is equal effort, love, and respect. Make this your motto, and your wife will always be happy.
As you are getting married, I am all set to take up a new role in my life. I shall not only be a man, son, husband, father, friend, and uncle. I will also be a father-in-law. This is an extremely special responsibility. I welcome my dearest daughter-in-law to this family full of fun, laughter, unity, and sometimes a little nuisance. I assure you that we all will love you just as much as we love him, and maybe more. The thought of you joining our lives has filled us with a mind-boggling jubilance. When you finally be with each of us, we will probably dance with unmatchable ecstasy.
You both can learn a lot from me: my perfection and even my mistakes. You have my support, learning, and love for the future. That is what fathers are for. I must leave this stage before I get more emotional. You both give me immense happiness, and I love you with all my heart. Praying that you share a partnership; just like Andre Maurois puts it, “A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short.” To Forever in love, peace, and respect!