Graduation Speeches are usually filled with enthusiasm and emotions. The speakers in these speeches are excited about entering a new phase in their lives. However, they also get this bittersweet feeling for leaving the institution that has given them all the sweet memories to cherish. So, to elevate these emotions, the speakers use Quotes for Graduation Speeches.
These quotes hold the power to portray the speaker’s emotions succinctly. Therefore, this article will discuss the Graduation speech quotes that will make your speech more special.
Reviewing this article, you will get various quotes to fit your Graduation Speech. So, do check out this article from start to finish.
Category-Wise Quotes for Graduation Speeches
Below we have shared some worthy Quotes for Graduation Speeches by dividing them into various categories. Most of these quotes are recited by some famous personality. You can go through these various category quotes, choose a quote that suits you, and use them for your own graduation speech.
Short Graduation Speeches Quotes
- “Education is the most powerful weapon we can use to change the world” -Nelson Mandela.
- “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.”- Oprah Winfrey
- “The fireworks begin today. Each diploma is a lighted match; each one of you is a fuse.”- Ed Koch
- “Don’t underestimate the power of your dreams”- Corinna King
- “If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere”- Frank A. Clark
- “You must do the thing you think you can’t do”- Eleanor Roosevelt
- “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.”- Muhammad Ali
- “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”- Sun Tzu
- “What sculpture is to a block of marble, education is to the human soul.”- Joseph Addison
- “Intelligence plus character, that is the goal of true education”- Martin Luther King Jr.
- “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary”- Vidal Sassoon.
- “Your imagination is your preview of life’s coming attractions”- Alber Einstein.
- “Fight for what makes you optimistic about the world. Find it, insist on it, dig into it, and go after it.- Jennifer Garner
- “Follow your passion. It will lead you to your purpose.”- Oprah Winfrey
- “Opportunities don’t happen. You create them.- Chris Grosser
Humourous Graduation Speech Quotes
- “You are graduating from college. That means that this is the first day of your life. No, that’s wrong. This is the last day of the first day of school. Nope, that’s worse. This is a day.”- Andy Samberg.
- “Minds are like parachutes. They only function when open.”- Thomas Dewar
- “If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in the dark with a mosquito.”- Betty Resse
- “If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you”- Muhammad Ali.
- “The only thing that ever sat its way to success was a hen.”- Sarah Brown
- “It’s better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate.”- George Burns
- “Follow your passion, stay true to yourself, never follow someone else’s path, unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost, and you see a path, then by all means, you should follow that.”- Ellen Degeneres.
- “Just remember, you can’t climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- “Life is an improvisation. You have no idea what will happen next, and you mostly make things up as you go along.- Stephen Colbert
- To those graduating this afternoon with high honours, awards, and distinctions, I say, “Well done.” And as I like to tell the C students: You, too, can be president.- George W. Bush
Unique Graduation Speech Quotes
- “As one chapter of our lives ends today, we shall make a promise to ourselves that in the next chapter of our lives, we will only use our dreams as a compass to guide us and dedication as a fuel in our journey.”
- “Graduation might be the end of our student life, but we shall use the knowledge we acquired in it to get through all the upcoming quests in our lives.”
- “Remember, my friends, success is not only gauged by the heights we reach but also by the impact we create on the world around us.”
- “We all might go on different paths after today, but the value of friendship and empathy we learned may forever stay with us.”
- “You write your story yourself, so ensure that the narrative is filled with passion and hard work.”
- “In an overly cynical world, we must spread the value of kindness and compassion whenever we can”.
- “As life will be our new teacher from now on, we shall embrace every good and bad lesson it gives us.”
- “Let us make a promise to ourselves today that we will be successful not just by winning accolades but also by positively influencing the lives of the people around us.”
- “Never lose your authenticity, no matter where the journey of life takes you.”
Inspiring Quotes for Graduation Speech
- Quote By Sheryl Sandberg
- Quote By Kristen Bell
- Quote By Andy Sorkin
- Quote By Ed Helms
- Quote By Ruth Westheimer
How to Choose a Quote for Your Graduation Speech?
There are a few points that you must consider while choosing a quote for your Graduation Speech. We have listed all these points below.
- Pick a quote as per the theme of your Graduation Ceremony: If your graduation ceremony has a theme, then you can pick a quote that relates to it.
- Consider the tone of your speech: If you choose a quote considering the tone of your speech, then it will not appear out of place. For example, if the tone of your speech is aggressive, then you can use a powerful quote that fits it.
- Pick a quote as per your designation: You must pick a quote that fits your designation in the college. For example, if you are a valedictorian, you can use inspiring quotes in your speech. Whereas, if you are a junior, you can use humorous quotes in your speech.
- Pick a quote that fits the Structure of Your Speech: You can use a quote that goes well with the structure you have chosen for your speech.
We hope our article gave you some worthy quotes for your Graduation Speech. If you have any more queries, please tell us by commenting in the comment section below. Also, you can stay connected to us regularly through the NVSHQ Homepage for more worthwhile content like this.