EWS Certificate Application- EWS certificate is issued to the persons belonging to the Economically Weaker Section (EWS) category of the society. EWS certificate is just like an income certificate and should not be confused with the caste certificate. On the basis of EWS certificate, an individual can avail the benefit of reservation of 10% for the EWS section in government jobs and higher educational institutions across the country.
- 1 What is EWS Certificate?
- 2 EWS Certificate Application
- 3 How to fill EWS Certificate Application Form?
- 4 EWS Certificate Issuing Authorities
- 5 EWS Application Form Status Check
- 6 Validity of EWS Certificate
- 7 About EWS Reservation
What is EWS Certificate?
EWS is a new reservation sub-category under the General category. It is a kind of reservation scheme that came into effect in the year 2019. The EWS bill was approved by the President of India on 12th January 2019. On 14th January 2019, Gujarat became the first state to enact this law.
To claim the benefit of 10% EWS reservation in any govt. job or admission in higher education, candidates have to essentially produce the valid EWS certificate issued by the competent authority.
EWS reservation scheme has been introduced to provide 10% reservation in direct recruitment in civil posts & services in the Govt. of India to persons who belong to the EWS category and are not covered under any other reservation scheme such as SC, ST and OBC category. Basically, EWS certificate is an income and asset certificate issued to the citizens belonging to the economically weaker sections of the society (EWS category under General category).
EWS Certificate Application
The application form can be accessed online and offline from various designated sources. If you are also eligible for EWS certificate and wish to apply for it, you must know all the crucial points related to the issue of EWS certificate. You can collect all the relevant information from this post. Here we have shared details such as application form, eligibility requirements, validity, important document, etc.
|Enacted by||Government of India|
|Name of Law||Economic Weaker Section Bill|
|Issued to||Economical Weaker Section (EWS)|
|Mode of application||Online/offline|
|Validity of certificate||1 year|
To avail of the benefits of the EWS reservation category, check the eligibility criteria mentioned below to apply for the EWS Certificate-
General Category :
The candidate must belong General category. He shall not bear any caste certificate under his name.
EWS reservation is only for the General category candidates.
Family Income :
The annual family income of the candidate must be less than Rs. 8 Lakhs per annum.
By Family income, it means that it would include all the income sources of the family such as agriculture, private job, business, salary etc.
Agricultural Land :
The candidate or his family shall not own agricultural land of area 5 acres or more.
If the candidate or his family own any agricultural land, it must be under the area of 5 acres to avail of EWS reservation benefits.
If the candidate fails to meet this criterion, he shall not be considered eligible for the reservation benefits.
Residential Property :
If a candidate or his family owns a residential flat, it must be under the area of 100 sq. feet.
- The Residential Plot owned by the candidate or his family must be below the area of 100 sq. yards in a notified municipality sector.
- The Residential Plot owned by the candidate or his family must be below the area of 200 sq. yards in a non-notified municipality sector.
The candidate must satisfy all the above-mentioned criteria to apply for the EWS Reservation Certificate and avail of its benefits to keep exploring the opportunities in government jobs and educational institutes.
DEFINITION OF FAMILY
In all the eligibility criteria mentioned above, it includes the term “FAMILY”. The term Family will only include the following family members of the candidate:-
- Candidate’s Parents
- Candidate’s Siblings below the age of 18 years
- Candidate’s Spouse
- Candidate’s Children below the age of 18 years
Check who are covered under EWS category and are eligible to apply for EWS certificate given below-
- Persons who are not covered under the reservation scheme for SC, ST and OBC category and the gross income of their family is less than 8 Lakh per annum. (Here family income includes earning from all sources such as agriculture, salary, profession, business etc.)
- Persons whose families have possession of following assets (irrespective of family income) will be not categorized under EWS category-
- 5 acres of agricultural land & above,
- Residential plot of 100 square yards & above in notified municipalities,
- The residential area of 1000 square feet & above,
- Residential plot of 200 square yards & above in areas other than the specified municipalities.
How to fill EWS Certificate Application Form?
The application for the issue of an EWS certificate can be submitted online or offline. It totally depends upon the state government. For online application, you have to visit the official website of the issuing authority and select the relevant link and proceed further as per the provided instructions. States like Andhra Pradesh provide an online facility through which citizens can easily submit application Click Here.
In case of offline applications, persons have to collect the application form from the issuing authorities. They can also download the application format from the official websites. The link for application form is also shared below in this section. They have to print the application form and fill all the asked details. They must be careful while filling the information in the form.
The format of EWS certificate provided by the Govt. of India is same for the entire country.
The information that is required to be filled in EWS application form includes- Name of the state govt., Name of the applicant, name of the father/husband, address, financial year, caste, and attested passport-sized photograph.
Application form- Download the application form from the given link- Click here
Applicants are also required to make a payment of a nominal application fee. The amount of application fee depends on the authority issuing the EWS certificate and also on the State Government. It simply means application fee will not be uniform in all the states.
EWS Certificate Issuing Authorities
Income and Asset certificate will be issued and verified by the various identified authorities in each state. However, the issuing authorities are different but the format of the application form has been prescribed by the concerned ministry of the Government of India which is same for all the states.
Have a look at the names of all the authorities given below which has been identified for the issue of the certificate-
- District Magistrate (DM) /Additional District Magistrate (ADM) / Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/ Additional Deputy Commissioner/ 1st Class Stipendary/ Magistrate/ Sub-Divisional Magistrate / Executive Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate/ Extra Assistant Commissioner
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar
- Sub-Divisional Officer or the area where the applicant or his family normally resides.
EWS Certificate Document Required
Applicants are required to enclose all the necessary documents with the application form. They must have following documents and details along with them at the time of filling the application form-
- Aadhaar Card
- Id Proof
- Affidavit/Self Declaration
- Land/property documents
- Residential proof/Domicile Certificate
- Passport-sized photograph
- Other relevant documents
The aforementioned list of documents varies state to state as per their rules. Applicants are therefore advised to visit the EWS certificate issuing authority and collect all the important information.
EWS Application Form Status Check
There are various states in which EWS applications can be submitted online. The online portal also provides them an opportunity to track the application status. They can track their application status just by using the application number. It is compulsory for all the applicants to retain their application numbers so that they can check the application status online.
How to Login into Official Portal?
- Open the official link of the portal.
- After that homepage of the portal will be displayed on your screen.
- Click on “Login” button.
- Login form will open on your screen, insert your information on it.
- Therefore, you will successfully logged in into the portal.
How to Recover Lost/ Forgotten Password?
It may happen that you may forget your ews certificate meeseva password or lost it. In that scenario, no need to panic, we have provided some easy steps through which aspirants can get recover their password.
- Initially, candidates have to browse the official portal.
- Homepage of the site will flash on your screen.
- Then, applicants need to click on “Forgot Password” option present on the left side of the landing page.
- On a new page, aspirants have to enter their user id and captcha given on the screen.
- After hitting “Get OTP” option, you will receive an OTP that you have to enter in order to get back your password.
- Next, re-enter your password and save it for future use.
Procedure to Unlocking the User
If use is locked and won’t able to check your ews certificate data, then he/ she can unlock themselves by executing the process explained below.
- Go to the official portal.
- Search the link of “Unlock User” on the homepage of a website.
- Click that link once you find it.
- Insert your information such as User ID, Captcha mentioned on screen.
- Tap on “Get Details” options and finally unlock user.
Validity of EWS Certificate
Income and asset certificates will be valid for a specific period of time. The validity of EWS certificate is decided by the designated authority of the states. However, the validity of EWS certificate is generally one year from the date of the issue. Before using the EWS certificate for the purpose of admission or recruitment, applicants must check whether the income certificate is valid or not.
For more information about the validity of the certificate, the person must contact the issuing authority of the concerned state/UT.
How EWS Certificate is Differ from OBC Certificate?
- OBC certificate stands “Other Backward Classes” whereas EWS is “Economically Weaker Section”.
- 27% of seats are reserved for OBC, and 10% of seats are EWS.
- Aspirants keep in mind that no age relaxation will be provided to EWS certificates holders. Age relaxation is for only SC, CT, OBC candidates.
- EWS certificates belong to General class aspirants whose family income is not more than 8 lakhs.
Important Points of EWS Certificate
- EWS certificate provides several advantages in the field of education, jobs, etc.
- 10% of seat reservation will be given in both private or government sector jobs.
- All those applicants can’t apply for the ews certificate whose family have a property in different cities with more than the acceptable amount of eligibility.
- Candidates who have the property less than 1000 sq.ft. property can also submit the application form of ews certificate.
EWS full form is Economically Weaker Section. The concept of Reservation dates back to the times while making of the Constitution of India. Dr. B.R. Ambedkar introduced this reservation system to uplift the weaker sections of the society like Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), and Other Backward Classes (OBC) and give them a fighting chance to compete with the upper caste classes. Our government, unfortunately, failed to still elevate their standards of living and is not eradicating the reservation system as of now.
The lower caste classes highly benefited from this reservation system but it equally affected the upper caste classes especially the poorer sections. They were considered the same as the richer sections of the sector, despite having a huge difference in the living standards and income levels.
On 12th January 2019, President Ram Nath Kovind approved the bill for the 10% reservation for Economically Weaker Sections of the General category in civil posts & services and higher education institutes.
It is a sub-category under General category and referred to as “GEN-EWS”.
No, you are not eligible as EWS certificate is only issued to persons who are covered under the 10% reservation only in the general category.
Documents like Identity Proof, Domicile Certificate, Aadhaar Card, Self Declaration, Photo of Passport Size, Certificates of property/ land etc are needed while applying for EWS certificate.
EWS certificate is issued for a particular financial year hence the validity of this certificate is expected to be of one year from the date of issue.
The processing time for the issue of EWS certificate varies state to state. Generally, it takes the processing time of maximum 21 days from the date of submission of application. To know the exact processing time, you must visit the concerned issuing authority of your state.
You can submit it at your tehsildar office or at the designated issuing authority or at the nearest CSC center.
No age relaxation to granted to the beneficiaries of GEN-EWS category.
No. Your seat will be counted under the general category not GEN-EWS.
About EWS Reservation
The EWS Reservation was approved as a bill on 12th Jan 2020 in the Indian Parliament. It is the 124th amendment of the Indian Constitution. It focuses on the poorer sections of the Upper Caste Hindus who are not categorized under any reservation.
Under this reservation, 10% reservation is provided to the economically weaker sections of the General category population for recruitment in government sectors and admissions in higher educational institutes. It does not include the candidates belonging to other castes such as SC, ST, or OBC or the people who are already included in any kind of reservation. It is entirely designed to benefit the poor general category candidates.
No relaxation in age, number of attempts, fees, etc. is granted to such beneficiaries. The EWS certificate is valid for only one financial year from the issue date.
The current reservation percentages of different categories in India:
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5%|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||15%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27%|