Domicile Certificate is the state residence official certificate, provided by Sub-Divisional Officer, Revenue officer/Tahsildar, Sub-Divisional Magistrate, District Magistrate, Circle officer, VAO. There are three types of domicile certificates which are: Domicile of origin, choice, dependence. Domicile also essential for various state scholarship schemes and as well as in state government jobs. You can see in this article how to apply and direct link to apply for a domicile certificate.
What is the Domicile Certificate
A domicile certificate is known to be a residential certificate of your State/Union territory, which is issued from your State government/ Union territory by verifying your documents. It is evidence that shows your permanent residential address, which mainly used for the verification of many exam forms. It is essential for every citizen which belongs to any community or any caste and it is also essential for married women who are automatically eligible after marriage.
In this article, you can find why a domicile certificate is important? how to check a domicile certificate online? What are the documents required to get the domicile certificate? What is the procedure to get a domicile certificate? and you also find the useful links in this article to fill the domicile certificate online.
Why it is Important to get a Domicile Certificate?
- It is essential for your legalized rights and for your liberty.
- It is an important document if you want to apply for any government Id like an Aadhaar card, PAN card, voter id.
- Domicile is also essential if you want to purchase any land or house.
- If you want to purchase any vehicle, so for registration you need your domicile certificate.
- For students who want to take admission to a University, for admission you need to submit your domicile certificate with your valid ID proof.
- Your state proof certificate is also necessary when you apply for a loan because for a loan bank needs your residential address proof, which signifies your permanent address.
- If you want to open your business or that as well you need a State proof certificate.
- Even though if you are a medical professionalist, your state registration is essential for your practice.
How to check Domicile Certificate online
For Domicile certificate you can check online, on the specific website of the state you live and track your application status. You can follow the steps are as follows:
- Visit the official website of the state who belong from.
- Log In on the official portal with credential Id and password or register yourself with the official website.
- During registration fill all the required details like the name of the candidate, Date of birth, gender, etc.
- If you are applying for the first time, then first, you have to apply for the Domicile certificate, then after a verification process, then you will get your Domicile Certificate.
State-wise Domicile Certificate details are given below in this article with official direct link.
Documents Required to fill the domicile form
If you want to apply for a domicile certificate you need to submit all the below-listed documents:
- You need to submit any of your residential proof which requires a copy of your ration card or your driving license if you have.
- Passport size photo
- Any valid Identification proof like PAN card, Aadhar card, any bank related document which shows your identification.
- You also need a Domicile Self Declaration form according to the government guidelines.
- Domicile application form which varies from state to state, you need to fill it.
- You can submit your Birth certificate or 10th class documents as your Age-proof.
- You also have to submit an Affidavit certificate that shows legal evidence or documented evidence provided by Tashil or court with a stamp.
Key points about Domicile
- Change of domicile for other state or country is not an easy process, if you want to change your domicile you need to stay in that as per government guidelines i.e minimum 10years as a permanent citizen, or for another country, you need to stay there as per their country protocol.
- It’s a legal document that gives you the right to vote for your particular city, which means you have the right to chose.
- According to your domicile, the state taxes are also get affected, and many other things related to the right get affected as per your domicile certificate.
- For a married woman, a domicile certificate can change easily on the behalf of her husband’s citizenship right of that state.
- Your voter Id card, Aadhaar card, PAN card, or any other legal documents are contained your permanent address which is mention in your domicile, so for your legal documents as well you need a domicile.
- There is a possibility, that your current domestic address can be your domicile address but your residential address might be same or different from your domicile address.
- You cannot change a domicile certificate by simply fill the Declaration form, you need to submit all the documents as per the government guidelines.
- Domicile certificate has no expiry once you get it there is no need to renew the domicile certificate, it’s for a lifetime.
Process to get Domicile Certificate
|State name||Concerning Authority||Number of days require for processing||Domicile Certificate Direct Link|
|Assam||Circle Officer/Village Administrative Office and Revenue Officer||14 days||Link is available here|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Tehsildar Officer||10 working days||No link available|
|Andhra Pradesh||Mandal Revenue Officer||7 days||Link Here for Registration|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Tehsildar Officer, Department of District Administration||not specifically clear||Click Here|
|Bihar||Circle Officer/ Village Administrative Officer/ Revenue Inspector||15 days||Residence Certificate|
|Chhattisgarh||Sub-Divisional Magistrate/Tehsildar’s office/Revenue Department/District Collector’s Office||15 days||Click Here For District registration|
|Chandigarh||Deputy Commissioner Office||15 days||Click Here|
|Daman and Diu||Collector office||7 days||For Domicile Certificate Click Here|
|Delhi||Deputy Commissioner/ Sub-District Magistrate||14 working days||Click Here|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||Collector office||7 working days||Domicile Application Form|
|Gujarat||Tehsil/Revenue Office||5 days||Click Here|
|Goa||Deputy Collector/Sub-Divisional Officer||5 days||For Domicile Registration Click Here|
|Himachal Pradesh||Concerned Revenue Officer/ Tehsildar||15 days||Domicile Application Form|
|Haryana||SDM of the concerned Subdivision or Deputy Commissioner of the concerned district||7 days||Click Here for Registration|
|Jharkhand||Circle Officer or Tehsildar||15 days||Residence Certificate Application|
|Kerala||Tehsildar/ Revenue officer||5 to 15 days||For Domicile Registration Click Here|
|Karnataka||Deputy Tehsildar and Tehsildar||7 days||Click Here for Registration|
|Mizoram||Office of the Deputy Commissioner||2 to 3 days||No online Link|
|Madhya Pradesh||Circle Officer/ Village Administrative Office/ Revenue Inspector.||15 days||Residence Certificate Application|
|Meghalaya||Office of the Deputy Commissioner||15 days||Click Here|
|Maharashtra||Tehsildar/ Sub-Divisional Officer||15 days||Domicile Link is available Here|
|Manipur||Circle Officer/ Village Administrative Office/ Revenue Inspector||15 days||Residence Certificate Application|
|Nagaland||Office of the Commissioner Nagaland / District Administration / District Magistrate||max. 15 days||No online Link|
|Odisha||Revenue Officer||15 days||Residence Certificate Application|
|Punjab||Tehsildar||15 days||Click Here|
|Rajasthan||Tehsildar||15 days||Domicile Link is available Here|
|Sikkim||Revenue officer||15 days||Residence Certificate Application|
|Tripura||Sub-Divisional Magistrate||15 days||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu||Sub-Divisional Magistrate/Tehsildar Office||not specifically known||Domicile Link is available Here|
|Telangana||Revenue officer||7 days||Click Here for Registration|
|Uttarakhand||Block Office||15 days||Residence Certificate Application|
|Uttar Pradesh||DM office||15 days||Click Here|
|West Bengal||DM/ Deputy Magistrate/SDO/BDO||3 days ( working)||Domicile Link is available Here|
|Ladakh||Revenue officer||unknown||Click Here for Registration|
|Lakshadweep||Deputy Collector||unknown||Residence Certificate Application|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Circle Officer/ VAO/ RI||15 working days||Click Here|
|Puducherry||Registrar||unknown||Domicile Link is available Here|
Frequently Asked Questions
Person needs six years of residential proof in that state for domicile. If candidate is below 18 years, then candidate must submit the Father’s domicile certificate.
Residence proof, Age certificate includes either birth certificate or 10th class marksheet, valid identification proof ( Aadhaar card, PAN card, Voter ID), Passport size photos( 2 copies), application form, Declaration form, affidavit from court.
Its validity is lifetime, until and unless you don’t change your residence and move to another state.
This is vary from state to state some state will take 3 days some will take 15days, so it totally depend on the state process. In the above article the list of different state and how many days it require and with the link of domicile form.
To check the domicile certificate online need to visit the official site of your state.
And then you need to log in with ID and Password and if you are not registered you have to register yourself first and fill the all required documents.
A domicile certificate is known to be a residential certificate of your State/Union territory, which is issued from your State government/ Union territory by verifying your documents. It is evidence that shows your permanent residential address.
For your age proof document you can submit either your Birth certificate or your 10th class certificates.
No, because there is a possibility, that your current domestic address can be your domicile address but your residential address might be same or different from your domicile address.
|★ 10th Pass Govt Jobs||★ 12th Pass Govt Jobs|
|★ Diploma Govt Jobs||★ ITI Pass Govt Jobs|
|★ Sarkari Naukari||★ Nursing Govt Jobs|
|★ PG Govt Jobs||★ Engineering Govt Jobs|