The government of India recently launched the Right to Repair Portal to provide a helping hand to the consumers of India. As the name of the Portal suggests, through the information given on this portal, the consumers of India will be able to repair their products by spending a minimal amount of money. For this, the various associated sectors with the portal will provide the consumers will all the details about their products along with their respective manuals.
This will help the consumers repair their products by themselves or with the help of someone else. To know more details about the Right to Repair Portal and all of its particulars, the consumers can check out the rest of the article.
What is the Right to Repair Portal?
As we have mentioned in the above-mentioned paragraph, the primary application of the Right to Repair Portal is providing consumers with adequate information about various products of different sectors. Along with this, this portal also contains the website links for all the products associated with it. The consumers can go to the website of their product directly through this portal.
Furthermore, consumers can check out the repair manuals of each product associated with this portal. This portal also provides consumers with the customer care numbers for all the products so that they can register their complaints directly to the manufacturers. The consumers can scroll down this article through to the end to know details about the usage of this portal and the process of registering complaints on it.
Sectors Covered On righttorepairindia.gov.in Portal
Mainly there are four sectors that are covered in the righttorepairindia.gov.in portal. Which are Framing Equipment, Mobiles/ Electronic Displays/ Data Storage, Consumer Durables and Automobile Equipment. Under these four sectors, a varied category of products is there. The details of these product categories for these four sectors are as follows.
|Name of the Sector||Category of the Product||Registered Brands|
|Framing Equipment||Parts of Tractor|
Water Pump Motor
|Mobiles, Electronic Displays and Data Storage Components||Mobiles|
Universal Charging Ports and Cables
Servers and Data Storage
Hardware and Software
Apple India Pvt Ltd
|Consumer Durables||Water Purifiers|
Integrated and Universal Remotes
|KENT Health Care Products|
|Automobile Equipment||Passenger Vehicle, 2 Wheelers, Electric Vehicles, Three Wheelers and Cars||Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt Ltd and Hero MotoCorp Limited|
- UGC E Samadhan Portal
- AIMS Portal
- EWS Certificate Application
- How to apply for a fancy/VIP number online for a car & Bike?
How to Access the Right to Repair Portal?
In the following procedure, we have shared all the steps through which the consumers can access the Right to Repair Portal and find out details about their products: –
- First of all, open your browser and use the following web address on it https://righttorepairindia.gov.in/
- This web address will take you to the homepage of the portal.
- On the homepage, you must scroll down to the “Registered Brands” section.
- Under this section, the links for various registered brands with the portal are given.
- Tap the link for the brand whose information you are seeking.
- You will now arrive at the page dedicated to that specific brand.
- Here, the list of the products that the brand offers will be given.
- Now, select the product whose details you want.
- The page containing Basic Information, Product Information, Customer Care Details, Service Details and Other Details for that product will open up.
- You can now learn whatever information you want about the product.
- Furthermore, you can also download the repair manual for the product under the “Service Details” section if you want to repair it.
Register Complaints On India Right to Repair Website
Consumers can register their complaints about the products covered under the Right to Repair Website by using the following steps. If the complaints of consumers are related to a specific product then they can also register them through the customer care details of that product.
- In the initial step enter the homepage of the portal.
- On the top of the homepage, tap the “Important Links” option.
- After this, among the available links click on the one which is relevant to your type of complaint.
- Now, select the option to register a complaint on the concerned portal.
- Follow the procedure for registration of complaints given on the portal.
- Submit your complaint and afterwards check its status through the provided option.
Benefits of Right to Repair India Portal
Through this portal, the consumers of India get the following benefits:
- With the help of the repair manuals available on this portal, consumers can repair their products themselves by spending a small amount of money.
- As consumers can repair the products by using this portal, they will not have to spend money to buy a new one.
- Consumers can use this portal to gather information concerning the warranty period, customer care numbers and other features of their products.
- This portal also substantially reduces the amount of e-waste since consumers can simply repair their products instead of discarding them.
- The existence of this portal also helps in maintaining harmony between buyers, sellers and the original manufacturers.
- Through the websites of the manufacturers available on this portal, consumers can learn about the details of the other products they sell and they can buy them through those websites as well.
|Access Here||Right to Repair Portal|
|For Useful Updates Check Out||NVSHQ Homepage|
Consumers can register complaints concerning their products through the customer care number available on the portal. Moreover, for other complaints, consumers can also use the National Consumer Helpline and Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS) under the Important Links section of the portal.
To register your brand on the portal, you can use the “Enroll Now” option on the portal and fill out the registration form.
Yes, the consumers can check the hallmarking of each product associated with the portal.