The University Grants Commission of India will invite online applications through the National Scholarship Portal for the PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for a single Girl Child. This scholarship aims to provide assistance and support to Post Graduate Students under the “Single Girl Child” category. They will receive monetary incentives under this scholarship scheme. Go through the succeeding text to learn more about and apply for this scholarship.
PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship For Single Girl Child 2023
Women empowerment is one of the Government’s and its departments’ chief aims. The only way the authorities can uplift the socially oppressed gender community is through education. Striving in the same direction, the University Grants Commission has launched the Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship specifically for Single Girl children. The eligible candidates will receive a monetary incentive of Rs. 36,200 per annum for two years of a non-professional post-graduate degree.
Overview of PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship
|Name of the Scholarship||Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child|
|Authority||University Grants Commission or UGC|
|Aim||To provide monetary assistance to Single Girl Child candidates for non-professional postgraduate study|
|Beneficiaries||Single Girl Child pursuing a non-professional Post Graduate course in India|
|Scholarship Amount||Rs. 36,200 per annum|
|Duration of Scholarship||2 years|
|Last Date to Apply||–|
|Defective and Institute Verification Dates||–|
The objective of PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship
The scholarship was launched with the objective of Women Upliftment. Females are compelled to give birth to a male child. Thus, to strongly repel this notion, the Union Government promotes Girls’ Education by compensating the direct educational expenses. Considering the population, the government also wishes to promulgate the idea of nuclear families. Hence, the idea of a Single Girl Child is immensely supported. Thus, the UGC will back the postgraduate education of eligible Candidates in non-professional courses. Moreover, the value of small family norms will also be recognized by the Indian citizens.
PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship Amount
The University Grants Commission will award the eligible candidate Rs. 36,200 per year to cover the educational expense for the 2-year duration of the PG course. The amount will be payable in the form of a monthly spend of Rs. 3100. It will be directly transferred to the bank account of the selected candidate through Direct Bank Transfer or DBT mode. No extra expenses, such as that of the hostel or even medications, will be covered under this scholarship. Only the decided amount will certainly be provided. The amount will be awarded from the Date of Joining the institution.
PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship Slots
Every year, the Commission will award 3000 PG Indira Gandhi Scholarships to eligible and selected Single Girl Child candidates. Only first-year students are eligible for this scholarship. Thus, there will be full coverage of two years and not one.
Subscribe to our FREE e-Newsletter for Daily Updates.
Govt Jobs Opening, Results & Online Earning Opportunities.
Features of the PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship
The following are the benefits that the candidates will receive if they are eligible to receive this scholarship:
- The monetary incentive of Rs. 36,200 is payable as a monthly stipend to eligible candidates.
- This scheme compensates the expenses of non-professional postgraduate courses for a complete duration of 2 years.
- Three thousand scholarships will be awarded to the candidates.
- Since the PG IG Scholarship is of an Incentive nature, candidates can also apply for other scholarships while availing of this scheme’s monetary award.
- The amount will be transferred directly into the account of a single girl child candidate through Direct Bank Transfer mode.
- No extensions for scholarships are allowed after two years of the course.
- Tuition Fee Reimbursement is prohibited as per this scholarship. But, the authorities do expect the Institutes to support the candidates by waiving the Tuition Fee.
- No hostel fees, medical expenses, or any other fee will be covered under this scheme. Only the amount mentioned above will be awarded to the candidates.
- Candidates who are pursuing distance education will not be eligible for this scholarship.
- The scholarship will be renewed based on the Receipt of Renewal.
PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the scholarship, the candidates must observe the sequential eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Only a single girl child in the family will be allowed to avail of the benefits of this scheme.
- Twin or Fraternal Girl child candidates can also apply for this scheme.
- The age of the applicant should not be more than 30 years.
- The candidate should be a first-year student in a postgraduation course.
- The candidate should pursue a non-professional course and take regular classes from a recognised institution.
- If a family has a son and a daughter, the girl child will be regarded as ineligible for this scholarship scheme.
- The candidate must not be a recipient of the PG Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holder.
Items/Documents required in PG Indira Gandhi Application Form
Interested candidates need to upload the following documents and details when applying online for the scholarship:
- Name of the Applicant.
- Address details of the Applicant.
- Date of birth of the Applicant.
- Aadhar Card of the Applicant as an Identity Document.
- Percentage of marks achieved in UG course.
- Valid mobile number and email ID.
- Details of the bank account of the Applicant.
- Class X or equivalent certificate to serve as a Birth Certificate.
- Under Graduate Certificate.
- Proof of admission into a recognised Master’s degree course in an institute located in India and recognised by the UGC.
- An affidavit from the student duly attested by the First Class Magistrate or a Gazetted Officer to prove that she is the only child in the family.
- Photocopy of the bank passbook of the Applicant.
- After the completion of the first year, a progress report and the percentage of marks obtained by the candidates must be submitted by the institution.
- Funds Utilization Certificate also needs to be submitted by the Institution Authorities after completion of the First Year.
Application Procedure for PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship
Interested candidates need to apply for the scholarship before the last date. Only those who registered online for the scheme will be considered and awarded if eligible:
- Open the official web portal of the National Scholarship Portal at scholarships.gov.in. This is the common portal for applying for Government Scholarships. All the Central, State and UGC or AICTE scholarships are available here for the candidates to apply for.
- Previously registered candidates need to Login by tapping “Login to Apply”. However, others must register on the portal by filling out a registration form at “New Registration”.
- A dropdown list will open up. Select “Fresh 2023”.
- Enter the Login Credentials that is, the Login ID and the Password.
- Read the case-sensitive captcha code and enter it in the given box.
- Press “Login”. The user dashboard will consequently open up.
- Click on “Apply for Scholarship”. A scholarship application will open up.
- Select the scheme type as “Incentive” and the Scholarship type as “Post-matriculation”.
- Enter all the required details marked with “*”.
- Upload the documents above in the required size and format.
- Carefully review the application before submitting it since the authorities do not allow editing or making corrections in the application form after successful submission.
- Finally, press “Submit”.
Cancellation of PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship
The scholarship, once awarded to the candidate, can only be cancelled under the following circumstances:
- Suppose the candidate is found to be ineligible for the scholarship. In such a case, the authorities must get a refund from the applicant.
- Applicants who change course in between will stop receiving the scholarship incentive from the change date.
- Students who might fail in the preceding year will be forfeited from receiving the scholarship award.
- Marks lower than 60% will also result in the cancellation of the Scholarship.
- Candidates who will not get permission before dropping out of the course must be refunded the amount.
- Misconduct of the awardees as reported by the government or the institution.
PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship Helpdesk
To contact for related queries regarding the PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child, the candidates need to contact the authorities of the National Scholarship Portal.
|Phone Number||0120 – 6619540|