PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship For Single Girl Child 2022: The University Grants Commission of India is inviting online applications through the National Scholarship Portal for PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Girl Child. This scholarship aims at providing assistance and support to Post Graduate Students under the category of “Single Girl Child”. They will receive monetary incentives under this scholarship scheme. The last date to apply online is 31 October 2022. To know more about this scholarship and apply for it, go through the succeeding text.
PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship For Single Girl Child 2022
Women empowerment is one of the chief aims of the Government and its departments. The only way the authorities can uplift the socially oppressed gender community is through education. Striving in the same direction, the University Grants Commission has launched the Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship specifically for Single Girl children. The eligible candidates will receive a monetary incentive of Rs. 36,200 per annum for two years of a non-professional post-graduate degree. The application procedure is being carried out online and the eligible candidates will have to register themselves before 31 October 2022.
Overview of PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship
|Name of the Scholarship||Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child|
|Authority||University Grants Commission or UGC|
|Aim||To provide monetary assistance to Single Girl Child candidates for non-professional postgraduate study|
|Beneficiaries||Single Girl Child pursuing a non-professional Post Graduate course in India|
|Scholarship Amount||Rs. 36,200 per annum|
|Duration of Scholarship||2 years|
|Last Date to Apply||31 October 2022|
|Defective and Institute Verification Dates||15 November 2022|
Objective of PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship
The scholarship was launched with the objective of Women Upliftment. Females are compelled to give birth to a male child. Thus, to strongly repel this notion, the Union Government is promoting Girl Education by compensating the direct educational expense. Additionally, the government also wishes to promulgate the idea of nuclear families considering the population. Hence, the idea of Single Girl Child is immensely supported. Thus, the UGC will back the postgraduate education of eligible Candidates studying in non-professional courses. Moreover, the value of small family norms will also be recognized by the Indian citizens.
PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship Amount
The University Grants Commission will award the eligible candidate Rs. 36,200 per year to cover the educational expense for 2 years duration of the PG course. The amount will be payable in form of a monthly spend of Rs. 3100. It will be directly transferred to the bank account of the selected candidate through Direct Bank Transfer or DBT mode. No extra expenses such as that of the hostel or even medications will be covered under this scholarship. Only the decided amount will be certainly provided. The amount will be awarded from the Date of Joining the institution.
PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship Slots
Every year the Commission will award 3000 of the PG Indira Gandhi Scholarships to the eligible and selected Single Girl Child candidates. Only first-year students are eligible for this scholarship, thus, there will be full coverage of two years and not one.
Features of PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship
The following are the benefits that the candidates will receive if they are eligible to receive this scholarship:
- The monetary incentive of Rs. 36,200 is payable in form of a monthly stipend to eligible candidates.
- This scheme compensates the expenses of non-professional postgraduate courses for a complete duration of 2 years.
- 3000 scholarships will be awarded to the candidates.
- Since PG IG Scholarship is of an Incentive nature, candidates can also apply for other scholarships while they are availing of the monetary award of this scheme.
- The amount will be transferred directly into the account of a single girl child candidate through Direct Bank Transfer mode.
- No extensions for scholarships are allowed after the duration of 2 years of the course.
- Tuition Fee Reinbursement is prohibited as per this scholarship. But, the authorities do expect the Institutes to support the candidates by waiving the Tuition Fee.
- No hostel fees or medical expenses or any other fee will be covered under this scheme. Only the aforementioned amount will be awarded to the candidates.
- Candidates who are pursuing distance education will not be eligible for this scholarship.
- The scholarship will be renewed on the basis of the Receipt of Renewal.
PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the scholarship, the candidates must observe the sequential eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Only a single girl child in the family will be allowed to avail of benefits of this scheme.
- Twin or Fraternal Girl child candidates can also apply for this scheme.
- The age of the applicant should not be more than 30 years.
- The candidate should be a first-year student in a postgraduation course.
- The candidate should be pursuing a non-professional course and be taking regular classes from a recognised institution.
- If there is a son and a daughter in a family, the girl child will be regarded as ineligible for this scholarship scheme.
- The candidate must not be a recipient of the PG Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holder.
Items/Documents required in PG Indira Gandhi Application Form
The interested candidates need to upload the following documents and details when applying online for the scholarship:
- Name of the Applicant.
- Address details of the Applicant.
- Date of birth of the Applicant.
- Aadhar Card of the Applicant as an Identity Document.
- Percentage of marks achieved in UG course.
- Valid mobile number and email ID.
- Details of the bank account of the Applicant.
- Class X or equivalent certificate to serve as a Birth Certificate.
- Under Graduate Certificate.
- Proof of admission into a recognised Master’s degree course in an institute located in India and recognised by the UGC.
- An affidavit from the student duly attested by the First Class Magistrate or a Gazetted Officer to prove that she is the only child in the family.
- Photocopy of the bank passbook of the Applicant.
- A progress Report after the completion of the first year along with the percentage of marks obtained by the candidates needs to be submitted by the institution.
- Funds Utilization Certificate also needs to be submitted by the Institution Authorities after completion of the First Year.
Other Recommended Scholarship Article
Application Procedure for PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship
Interested candidates need to apply for the scholarship before the last date. Only those who registered online for the scheme will be considered and awarded if eligible:
- Open the official web portal of the National Scholarship Portal at scholarships.gov.in. This is the common portal for applying for Government Scholarships. All the Central, State and UGC or AICTE scholarships are available here for the candidates to apply for.
- Previously registered candidates need to Login by tapping on “Login to Apply”. However, others need to register on the portal first by filling out a registration form at “New Registration”.
- A dropdown list will open up. Select “Fresh 2022”.
- Enter the Login Credentials, that is, the Login ID and the Password.
- Read the case-sensitive captcha code and enter it in the given box.
- Press “Login”. The user dashboard will consequently open up.
- Click on “Apply for Scholarship”. A scholarship application will open up.
- Select the scheme type as “Incentive” and select the Scholarship type as “Post-matriculation”.
- Enter all the required details marked with “*”.
- Upload the aforementioned documents in the required size and format.
- Carefully review the application before submitting it since the authorities do not allow editing or making corrections in the application form after successful submission.
- Finally, press “Submit”.
Cancellation of PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship
The scholarship, once awarded to the candidate can only be cancelled under the following circumstances:
- If the candidate is found to be ineligible for the scholarship. The authorities will have to get a refund from the applicant in such a case.
- Applicants who change course in between will stop receiving the scholarship incentive from the date of the change.
- Students who might fail in the preceding year will be forfeited from the reception of the scholarship award.
- Marks lower than 60% will also result in the cancellation of the Scholarship.
- Candidates who will not take permission prior to dropping out from the course will have to refund the availed amount.
- Misconduct of the awardees as reported by the government or the institution.
PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship Helpdesk
To contact for related queries regarding the PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child, the candidates need to contact the authorities of the National Scholarship Portal.
|Phone Number||0120 – 6619540|
|Official National Scholarships Portal or NSP||scholarships.gov.in|
|Official University Grants Commission webpage for scholarship||sgc.ugc.ac.in|