GlaxoSmithKline, or GSK, is one of the major medicine manufacturing giants. Their achievements in the medical field are commendable. The company has introduced a Scholars Programme to support the dreams of young minds in the same field. Through this, they will financially support the meritorious students who aspire to pursue MBBS.
The students can avail of benefits up to Rs. 4.5 lakhs for the complete duration of their course. They will have to apply online if they are eligible. Read the article below to learn about the Programme, Important Dates, Eligibility, Essential Documents, Application and Selection Procedure, and more.
GSK Scholars Programme For MBBS
The GlaxoSmithKline Scholars Programme is for candidates aiming to study MBBS or Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. Through this program, candidates will receive funds to pursue their Medical career goals smoothly. The application process was this A.Y concluded on 10 October 2023.
However, we speculate on the opening of the application window for the next academic session in the foreseeable future.
This scholarship scheme is launched as part of the company’s Corporate Social Responsibility Project or CSR. Giving India will facilitate the program, and the educational web portal of Buddy4Study will help in the implementation. The findings will be directly from GSK, and the candidates will get all the benefits per their educational needs.
Highlights of the GSK Scholars Programme
|Name of the Program||GSK Scholars Programme|
|Authority||GlaxoSmithKline or GSK|
|Facilitation Authority||Give India|
|Project||Corporate Social Responsibility or CSR|
|Aim||To support education in the field of Medicine|
|Beneficiaries||First-year MBBS Students in Government Colleges|
|Benefits||Up to Rs. 4.5 Lakhs|
|Duration||Four and a Half Years|
|Courses||Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery or MBBS|
|Amount Disbursement Mode||Direct Bank Transfer or DBT|
Aim of the GSK Scholars Programme
The program’s prime aim is to promote STEM fields in India. Science, Technological, Engineering, and Mathematics streams are considered difficult in terms of study and highly competitive. To ensure that candidates take up their dreams in this field and do not deviate due to financial instability, the GSK Scholars Programme has been launched.
The candidates who are currently pursuing MBBS from Government College and are meritorious will get supported. This program is a skill-building initiative of the Organisation under the Corporate Social Responsibility Project.
Benefits of the GSK Scholars MBBS Programme
The Candidates selected for this programme will get an amount up to Rs. 1 Lakhs annually to cover the educational expenses of their MBBS. The amount will be deposited at the beginning of every session, and the students can utilise it accordingly, depending upon the academic costs.
The program will cover all the academic years. This implies that the amount will be awarded to the candidates for 4.5 years and up to Rs. 4.5 Lakhs can be availed. The funds will be transferred directly into the candidates’ bank accounts through a safe online transfer window.
The candidates can only use the amount to pay scholastic expenses such as fees, books, seminars, research programs, accommodation, and more. If the funds remain unutilized, they can be used for online learning and stationary-related costs.
GSK Scholars Programme Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must observe the eligibility conditions before applying for the Scholars Program. Ineligible candidates will be automatically rejected. Hence, the following must be counter-checked before the online application:
- The applicant must be an Indian in case of Nationality.
- He/she must be pursuing a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery or MBBS from a government-aided college.
- Only students studying in the first year can apply for the program.
- The candidates should have scored at least 65% in XII Class or equivalent.
- The family’s total income from all the sources should be less than Rs. 6 Lakhs.
- Students whose parents work as employees at Buddy4Study or GlaxoSmithKline cannot apply for this program.
Documents required during form submission
The candidates must submit essential documents to prove their eligibility for the Scholars Program Candidature. The documents need to be attested in the correct sizes and formats along with the online application. The following need to be possessed by the applicants to apply for the program:
- Photograph of the candidates
- Signature of the Candidates on white paper with a black pen. The paper needs to be digitally scanned and then uploaded.
- An Identification Document issued by the Government. The student can submit an Aadhaar Card, Voter ID Card, Driving License, Passport, PAN Card or any other ID proof.
- Marksheet of the final examination in Class XII.
- Proof of Admission in the current academic session in a Government College. For this, applicants can submit a fide certificate, an Institutional Identity Card or Fee Receipt, an Admission Letter or any other such documents.
- Income Certificate of the current Financial Year, Income Slip, Form 16, or Income Tax Return report.
- Details of the Bank Account of the Candidate.
GSK Scholars Programme Application Procedure
The authorities have devised an online application system for the GSK Scholars Program. The candidates interested in receiving benefits from the program must apply online through the portal of Buddy4Study, which is the implementation partner of this program. The only way to apply is online. No offline applications will be accepted. To apply, follow the given steps:-
- Open the official portal of Buddy4Study using the web link www.buddy4study.com.
- In the top menu, select the option of “Scholarship“.
- The dropdown menu will open up. There will be options available regarding various scholarships.
- In the list under “Popular Corporate Scholarships“, tap on “View More“.
- The list of the scholarships by the Corporate Organisations will open up.
- In the “Featured Scholarships” menu, tap on the link for “GSK Scholars Programme“.
- The information page for the GSK Scholars Programme will open up.
- Scroll the information page to reach the “Apply Now” option.
- Tap to start a new application.
- The candidates must log in or create a new account to access the website.
- The application form will be finally displayed. Enter all the important information correctly.
- Upload all the documents as mentioned earlier in the required sizes and formats.
- Review the application before submission to ensure all the details mentioned are correct and properly inserted.
- Finally, press “Submit“.
GSK Scholars Programme Selection Process
The selection of the candidates for the program will be purely based on the financial requirements and merit. The authorities will consider the online applications and check the provided information only if the candidate is eligible. The shortlisted applications will then be called for a Telephone Interview. The candidates who will clear the stage will finally be selected.
Before disbursement of the amount into the bank accounts of these students, the authorities will verify the original copy of the documents attested with the application. Finally, selected candidates will be informed and funded for their academic expenditures in MBBS programs.
Important Contacts and Links
|Check Here||GSK Scholars Programme Application Portal|
|Follow For More Updates||NVSHQ Homepage|
|Helpline (Monday-Friday,10 AM to 6 PM)||011 430 92248|