A new Central Sector Scheme called PM Vishwakarma Scheme was approved by the Union Cabinet on 16 August 2023. This scheme is one of the most ambitious schemes of the Indian Government in recent times. Through this scheme, the government will provide those who are engaged in traditional skills with a helping hand.
For this, the Government will give subsidized loans at a minimal interest rate to the artisans and craftspeople in rural and urban areas of the country. Under the PM Vishwakarma Yojana, a total of 18 trades of artisans and craftspeople will be provided with worthy help.
For further details of this scheme such as benefits, eligibility, the application process and more, check out this complete article through to the end.
PM Vishwakarma Scheme 2023
With the PM Vishwakarma Scheme, the Government of India aims to help 30 Lakh Craftsmen and their families. Furthermore, to make this scheme a success, the government has proposed a financial outlay of Rs. 13,000 crores for a period of 5 years starting from the financial year 2023-24 to the financial year 2027-28.
While announcing the scheme on Independence Day this year, the Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi said that the scheme will be successfully launched by Vishwakarma Jayanti which will be celebrated on 17 September 2023. So, it is likely that the application process for the PM Vishwakarma Yojana will take place nearbout the aforementioned date.
PM Vishwakarma Yojana 2023: Overview
|Name of the Scheme||PM Vishwakarma Scheme|
|Beneficiaries||Artisans and Craftspeople of India|
|Total Categories of Artisans and Craftspeople||18|
|Financial Outlay for the Scheme||Rs. 13,000 Crore|
|Time Period||From Current Financial Year i.e. 2023-24 to the Financial Year 2027-28|
|Announced On||15 August 2023|
|Approved On||16 August 2023|
|Scheme Launch Date||Vishwakarma Jayanti i.e. 17 September|
|Date of the Application Process for the Scheme||To be Declared|
|Mode of the Application Process for the Scheme||To be Declared|
|Benefits||Credit Support up to Rs. 1 Lakh in First Tranche and Rs. 2 Lakh in Second Trancher with 5% interest |
Vishwakarma Certificate and ID Card
PM Vishwakarma Yojana Craftspeople Trades
Under the PM Vishwakarma Scheme, 18 trades of Craftspeople will be covered. The details of these 18 trades are as follows.
- Boat Maker
- Hammer and Tool Kit Maker
- Sculptor and Stonebreaker
- Cobbler/ Shoesmith/ Footwear artisan
- Basket/ Mat/ Broom Maker/ Coir Weaver
- Doll and Toy Maker (Traditional)
- Garland maker
- Fishing Net Maker
Eligibility Conditions for PM Vishwakarma Scheme
The Government of India is yet to release the list of eligibility conditions that artisans need to satisfy to get the benefits of the PM Vishwakarma Scheme. However, as per the available information, the artisans must fulfil the following requirements before applying for the scheme.
- The artisan must be a citizen of India
- The artisan must be engaged in one of the 18 specified traditional trades in the scheme.
- The artisan must have a bank account in a bank recognized by the Reserve Bank of India.
PM Vishwakarma Scheme Benefits
The artisans who apply for the PM Vishwakarma Scheme will be eligible for the following benefits:-
- The artisans will get their individual Vishwakarma certificates and ID cards. This will provide them with worthy acknowledgement.
- The government will provide the artisans with credit support of Rs. 1 Lakh in the first tranche and Rs. 2 Lakh in the second tranche. The artisans will get this financial support at an interest rate of 5%.
- The scheme also provides the artisans with skill degradation, incentive for toolkits, digital transactions and marketing support.
- Under this scheme, the government will launch basic and advanced types of skilling programs. In this, the participants will get a stipend of Rs. 500/- per day till the completion of training.
- The beneficiaries will also get up to Rs. 15000/- that they can use to buy modern tools for their crafts.
- The PM Vishwakarma Scheme will also work on enhancing the quality of the products of the artisans. Moreover, it will also help the artisans to make their products and services reach a large number of people. For this, they will be associated with domestic and global value chains.
How to Apply for Prime Minister Vishwakarma Scheme?
Since the scheme is just freshly announced, we do not have any details about the application process for it. However, it is likely that the Government will launch a portal through which the artisans can apply for the scheme. Moreover, the government might also set up centres across the country through which the artisans can participate in the offline registration for the PM Vishwakarma Yojana.
As soon as we receive any updates about the process of applying for the Prime Minister Vishwakarma Scheme, we will share them right here in this article. So, kindly stay connected to us regularly.
|Find More Information On||PM Vishwakarma Scheme Press Release|
|Check Out For Related Updates||NVSHQ Homepage|
When can I apply for PM Vishwakarma Scheme?
The government of India will soon announce the dates and the application process for the scheme.
When will the PM Vishwakarma Yojana be launched?
As per the statement of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the scheme will be launched on the Vishwakarma Jayanti which will be celebrated on 17 September 2023.
How many families of artisans will be covered in the scheme?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi aims to cover 5 Lakh families of artisans in the first year of the scheme and a total of 30 Lakh families by the end of the 5th Financial year from the scheme launch i.e. 2027-28.