PROMYS India is inviting applications for the PROMYS India Scholarship. All interested candidates can apply for the scholarship by submitting the application form. The officials aim to offer a programme in mathematics to young minds. Please note that the officials have already commenced the application process. The whole process is being conducted online on the PROMYS India official website.
The officials will conduct a six-week program in the summer. The authority will offer a full scholarship to students selected for the programmes which will cover all tuition, means and hostel charges. Get more details regarding it by reading the following article.
PROMYS India Scholarship 2024
The application process for the PROMYS India Scholarship will be conducted for a limited period. As per the official schedule released, the authority will end the application process on 1st February 2024. After that, all applications will be summarily rejected. The program will be conducted between 5 May and 15 June 2024.
The selected candidates will be gathered on the campus of the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bengaluru and will be offered a mathematical programme. In the following article, readers will get information regarding the application process, admission criteria, eligibility conditions and other essential information.
promys-india.org Scholarship 2024: An Overview
|Name of the Scholarship
|PROMYS India Scholarship
|Aim of the Program
|To offer a programme in mathematics for young scientists
|Application Form Availability Status
|Application Form Availability Mode
|Official Web Portal
PROMYS India Scholarship 2024 Eligibility Criteria
In the following section, we will describe the eligibility criteria set by the officials to become eligible for the scholarship programme. The following is the detailed information regarding the eligibility criteria for the PROMYS India Scholarship:
- Interested candidates must have attended a secondary or higher secondary school in India. Applicants must have completed class 11th before the commencement of the programme. Applicants who have completed their higher secondary and have not started university studies are also eligible for the scholarship.
- Students who are attending private schools, government schools, home schools, independent schools, etc, are all eligible for the programme.
- The minimum age of aspirants should be at least 15 years old as of 5 May 2024. Candidates who are 19 years old or older are not eligible for the program.
- Applicants who have already started attending university for studies are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants should have English language skills for full participation, as all lecture problem sets will be available in English only.
PROMYS India Scholarship Admission Criteria
Applicants will get information regarding admission criteria used by the officials to select candidates. Take a look at the detailed admission criteria explained below:
- The officials will consider the solutions used by the applicants against a set of mathematical problems. The problem can be easily solved with not more than a secondary school maths background. However, many problems in the set need more than the expected ingenuity in secondary school.
- The recommendation made by the teachers.
- The marks scored by the candidates in the secondary school cover all years from class 9th and above.
- The response made by candidates regarding their interest in the respective programme.
- Mathematical creativity, originality, clarity of thought, precision of expression, and perseverance will be considered.
How to apply for the PROMYS India Scholarship 2024?
Candidates who want to apply for a scholarship can understand the whole application process mentioned on this page. The following are the steps to apply for the promys-india.org scholarship online:
- First of all, you must visit the official website of PROMYS using the link address mentioned here: https://promys-india.org/
- Secondly, the home page will form on the screen. Scroll down the page and locate the option named Apply as Student.
- After finding the link, click on it and the device will open a new page on the same screen.
- After that, major details regarding the scholarship will open. Scroll down and click on “To Apply”.
- Again a new page will open on the device. Scroll down the home page till the end and tap Create An Account.
- Provide some basic details carefully and complete the online registration process.
- Afterwards, use the login tab and provide the login credentials to open the dashboard.
- After that, get hold of the application form and start noting its details carefully.
- Once, you are done entering the details, move towards the next stage of the application process.
- Furthermore, upload the requisite documents to the same form, following the required size and format.
- Finally, recheck the whole form and tap the submit button to complete the application process.
PROMYS India Scholarship 2024: Important Links
|Visit the Portal
|PROMYS Official Website Link
|PROMYS India Scholarship Application Link
|Get the latest updates on
|NVSHQ, Home Page
Frequently Asked Questions
When will the officials release the promys-india.org application form?
Applicants are informed that the authority has already commenced the application process online. As per the schedule, the authority is going to end the application process on 1 February 2024.
What are the required Application components?
The following is the list of required application components:
Application form, solutions to the questions asked on the application page, the report card of the school
How many people will be selected for PROMYS India?
The officials will select approximately 34 students and 12 counsellors, along with faculty, research mentors, and visiting mathematicians.