HSRP Number Plate for OLD Vehicle 2021: HSRP refers to High-Security Registration Plate. It was introduced by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highway in 2001. HSRP Plate is made of 1mm special aluminum which is laminated by the white or yellow reflective sheets.
MORTH has declared that it is mandatory for citizens of India to have HSRP Number Plate for Old Vehicle 2021 (vehicles sold before April 2019). Also, colour-coded fuel stickers are now compulsory for Old vehicles. Vehicles sold after April 2019 come with HSRP plates from the dealer’s end but those who are having vehicles before the said date have to get their new HSRP plate from their dealers/ authorized vendors as it has become mandatory for all.
Latest Update Section
Update-: The authority has introduced an online application through which applicants can order the high security numberplate from their mobile. Some states are providing doorstep service too.
UPDATE: The UP Govt has made it mandatory for old vehicles to have HSRP. UP Government has released a new SOP about the deadline. As per the new SOP, old vehicles in UP must have affixed the HSRP by July 2022. Currently, the mandate has been released for the state of UP but very soon all the states will be implementing the use of HSR Plate.
Owners of 2 or 4 wheelers can register for their number plates through the official website of MORTH or get them from the authorized vendors in the respective states. You have to do HSRP registration according to your state or you can also contact your nearest dealer. HSRP and colour-coded fuel stickers are very necessary. If you don’t have registered yet then do it as soon as possible otherwise you have to fill challan.
With this article, we are providing you all details regarding HSRP Number Plate for Old Vehicle 2021. Details include elements like HSRP features, Benefits, applying procedure and list goes on. Scroll down to get all the further details you’re searching for.
- 1 HSRP Number Plate Registration 2021
- 2 HSRP Number Plate Registration- Benefits
- 3 HSRP Registration Fee
- 4 HSRP 2021- Color Code Stickers
- 5 HSRP Number Plate Registration- Steps To Apply
- 6 How to check HSRP Registration Status?
- 7 Important Link
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
HSRP Number Plate Registration 2021
What is HSRP?
A High-Security Registration plate (HSRP) is simply a tamper-proof vehicle registration/ number plate made up of aluminium having chromium-based hologram, hot-stamped alpha numeral with retro Reflective sheet, and a laser-etched PIN (laser code). It is now compulsory in India to have HSRP in all vehicles.
Department of transport released notification a few days earlier. In accordance with the notice, there were about 4 million registered cars without HSRP before 2012 in Delhi. There were 3 and a half lakh vehicles with fuel stickers. Now, MORTH has announced that being a citizen of India, it is very compulsory to get an HSRP Number Plate Registration.
All car holders are also informed that there are in total 236 dealers that are approved by Transport department of Delhi to install HSRP for old vehicles and color coded stickers. All vehicle owners are advised to go for a HSRP registration today or else you have to fill challan.
|Name of Organization||Transport Department|
|Full form of HSRP||High Security Registration Plate|
|HSRP was introduced by||Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MORTH), Govt. of India|
|Category of article||HSRP Number Plate for Old Vehicle 2021|
|HSRP Registration Fee||2 Wheeler- Rupees 400|
4 Wheeler- Rupees 1100 (depends on vehicle category)
|Plate size (HSRP)||1mm special grade aluminium plate|
|Registration||Available at present|
|Mode to application||Online and Offline|
|Official portal of MORTH||https://morth.nic.in/|
|Official Portal||State -Wise (Check Below)|
HSRP Number Plate Registration- Benefits
- HSRP is issued for vehicle owner only if holder of vehicle provide correct details to the issuing authority.
- Availability of vehicle registration data will become easy to Enforcement Agencies, which will be helpful in management of traffic.
- Details that are provided by vehicle owner for HSRP registration are- Engine number, model number, copy of valid insurance, chassis number etc
- These plates are tamper-proof.
- HSR Plate will make it quite easy for the vehicle owner to trace their vehicle in case it is stolen, as these plates are traceable.
HSRP Registration Fee
- HSRP registration fees for two-wheelers are Rupees 400.
- Registration fees of HSRP for four-wheelers is Rupees 1100
- Fees of four-wheeler vehicles depend totally upon the category of a four-wheeler.
HSRP 2021- Color Code Stickers
- The government of India has made HSRP mandatory for all Indian citizens.
- Along with HSRP, colour coded stickers are also mandatory for a vehicle having a windscreen.
- The transport department has given authority to more than 300 dealers to install HSRP and color-coded fuel stickers.
- You can get registration online and also can get your color-coded fuel stickers at ease.
HSRP and Color-Coded Fuel Stickers Registration- Delhi and UP
HSRP is a secured number plate that can be traced easily and also has a uniform pattern. 2,4 wheeler holders can register for their HSRP number plate from Book-My-HSRP. It has both the registration process for citizens of Delhi and UP separately. It includes all options so, choose accordingly for further process. HSRP and color-coded fuel stickers are very mandatory now in Delhi and UP.
From 1 October, 2020 in Delhi, it became compulsory to get an HSRP number plate with respect to Delhi government orders. If you will not register your vehicle for HSRP, then you have to fill challan. If you’re currently living in Delhi or UP but you reside basically from outside Delhi/UP then, you must visit your state transport website or contact a dealer nearby.
HSRP Registration 2021- Gujarat
Car owners can apply for HSRP number plate registration from the official site of HSRP Gujarat. On the official site of HSRP Gujarat, it was mentioned that the HSRP number plate process (of HSRP Gujarat) is available only for vehicles registered in Gujarat State. Vehicle Holders having vehicles registered in States other than Gujarat shouldn’t apply. They also mentioned that this process is not applicable for vehicles that were registered after 31 March, 2019. It has become very compulsory for people with vehicles to go for the HSRP number plate as it is very secure. If you won’t register for HSRP then unfortunately, you have to fill the challan.
Below are mentioned the steps to register for HSRP Andhra Pradesh:
- First of all, visit the official site of HSRP Gujarat (www.hsrpgujarat.com).
- In the homepage, you will see three options- dealer, customer, society registration.
- Click on the customer option.
- By clicking on customer option, you will reach to another page of official site.
- The page contains 5 options from which you have to select Old vehicle HSRP Request and Payment.
- By clicking on the Old vehicle HSRP request and payment, you will reach the registration page.
- Fill in all the details required and then click on the submit button below.
- Your application will be submitted.
HSRP Number Plate Registration- Steps To Apply
Steps to apply for registration of HSRP are mentioned below:
- Step 1– First of all, visit the official portal of the respective state you are in.
- Step 2– Once the home page of the portal appears
- Step 3- Click on the HSRP registration link in accordance with the particular state-wise official site.
- Step 4– It will take you to the registration page.
- Step 5- Fill in all the required details as asked to do so.
- Step 6– After filling in all the details required, click on submit button.
- Step 7– Complete your payment process and then you’re good to go.
How to check HSRP Registration Status?
- First of all, you have to visit the official transport/HSRP site of the state you reside in.
- After reaching the same, you will find a link named ” Check HSRP Status”.
- After selecting the same.
- A login page will be on your screen.
- On the login page, you have to fill required details correctly.
- Required details include vehicle number, chassis number, and other details as well according to official sites particularly (state-wise).
Replacement of HSRP Number Plate (If Damaged/ Lost)
In case an HSRP plate is damaged/broken or lost, vehicle users can go for the replacement of the damaged plate. Check important points shared as under to carry out the process of replacement of HSRP plates in case of damage/breakage or theft-
- For Two Wheelers– If one HSRP is damaged then a single plate (rear and front) is to be replaced and payment is to be made only for one HSRP Plate by the vehicle owner.
- For Vehicles with the applicability of 3rd registration plate or sticker- If one metal HSR plate is damaged then a single HSR plate along with the 3rd registration plate or sticker is to be replaced and payment is to be made for one HSRP Plate and 3rd registration plate.
- For Vehicles with the applicability of 3rd registration plate or sticker- If both the HSR plates are damaged then both the metal plates along 3rd registration plate or sticker are to be replaced and payment is to be made accordingly.
- For Vehicles in which only the 3rd registration plate (i.e. sticker) is damaged- In this case, replacement of only 3rd registration plate (i.e. sticker) is to be made. Payment is to be made only for the 3rd registration plate/ sticker.
- All the information about the replacement along with the reason is to be updated in the VAHAN software by the authorized vendor under States or OEMs.
- Replacement of existing HSRP can be made by the authorized dealer of motor vehicles or by the manufacturer/ supplier of the registration plate only after making sure that the old HSRP has been surrendered and disposed of. The process of disposing of old plates is to be carried out by the HRSP issuing agency before the allotment of the new registration plate.
- If Registration plate is lost/ Stolen- In case of theft or loss of registration plate, the owner of the vehicle is required to file an FIR in the police station. One copy of FIR must be submitted in the office of HSRP issuing agency so that a record of the same can be maintained.
HSRP Number Plate 2021 (State-Wise)
The citizens of India with the HSRP registration number can check the status of their HSRP. All you have to do is search the official site of the state you got your registration number from (for example Uttarakhand HSRP site will be www.hsrpuk.com). Then on the page you will be able to see the status link from which you will be able to check the current status of your HSRP.
The states in which the online status tracking system is available are- Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Delhi, Gujarat, Haryana, HP, Punjab, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand. Apart from the mentioned names of states, all other states are not providing online track of status of their HSRP Number Plate Registration 2021.
Below in the table mentioned are given the links to the official HSRP site of each state for your HSRP number plate status 2021:
|State||Status Mode||Official Portal||Link to Status Page|
|Andaman and Nicobar||Offline||www.db.and.nic.in||Offline|
|Dadra and Nagar Havelli||Offline||http://dnh.nic.in||Offline|
|Daman and Diu||Offline||https://www.daman.nic.in||Offline|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Offline||www.jaktrans.nic.in||Offline|
HSRP Registration- Andhra Pradesh
There are many less states providing online registration of HSRP, and Andhra Pradesh is one of them. The owners of 2,3 and 4 wheelers can apply for registration of HSRP (only in Andhra Pradesh) from the official registration portal of Andhra Pradesh (www.hsrpap.com). The process of www.hsrpap.com is only applicable for those who reside in Andhra Pradesh. Citizens of other states have to apply online or offline from the particular official portal or the RTO office accordingly.
Below are mentioned the steps to register for HSRP Andhra Pradesh:
- In the first step, visit the official site of the registration portal of Andhra Pradesh mentioned on the table above.
- A pop up window will appear on your screen, close that pop up window.
- Then you will see three options stating online payment, check your HSRP status, complaints.
- Click on online payment.
- If the page is not under construction, then you will be able to see the registration form.
- Fill the form, pay the fee and you’re good to go.
HSRP Online Registration- Punjab
The main reason behind making the HSRP number plates available is to solve the problem of theft and to easily track the particular vehicle with HSRP number plate. HSRP is fitted on the back side of vehicle to ensure better security. Citizens of Punjab can easily register for their HSRF number plate online. They can register from the official registration portal of HSRP Punjab (www.punjabhsrp.in). The application/registration form of HSRP Punjab includes the following attributes:
- Type of Application
- Chassis Number
- Vehicle Number
- Name of Owner
- Engine Number
- Vehicle Class
- Mobile Number
- Select Fitment Location
- Vehicle Type
- Registration Card Type
Below are mentioned the steps to register for HSRP Punjab
- In the first step, visit the official site of HSRP Punjab.
- After reaching the official site, in the bottom side of your screen you will have four options.
- Those four options will be- Apply HSRP Online, Request for Campus in institutes, Book online appointment, Customer grievance redressal.
- From those options, you have to select the Apply HSRP online.
- By clicking on that option, you will directly reach to the HSRP Application Form.
- Fill up all the details required and click on the submit button.
- Your application form will be submitted.
|MORTH Official Portal||Click Here|
|Circular for replacement of HSRP||Click Here|
|Get your E challan||Click Here|
|SIAM Official Portal||Click here|
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it is possible but it depends on which state you reside in. The registration process varies from state to state.
You can apply online from the official website of HSRP Gujarat.
HSRP registration fee for 2 wheelers is Rs 400 and for 4 wheelers (depending on category) is Rs 1100.
Yes, If a HSRP place has been damaged it can be replaced. Vehicle owners just have to follow all the guidelines related to hsrp replacement shared in this article.
No, as of now no such portal exist at national level. Vehicle owners who wish to apply for HSRP registration plate need to visit the official portal of the concerned state or can visit the concerned office if online registration is not available. State-wise registration details can be gathered in this article.
Its role limited to-
– Formulation of specifications and standards for HSRP
– Implementation of HSRP scheme
– Inform testing agencies and give approval to the vendors on the basis of the specifications.
State government’s role in HSRP is limited to-
– Implementation of scheme in the states as per the guidelines of Central Govt.
– Selection of vendors among those who have been issued Type Approval Certificate.
– To ensure that proper control is being maintained at the time of issue of the plates.
No, govt does not grant or issue any license for the sell of HSRP.
Any prospective vendor can be the seller of HSRP provided they must have obtained type approval certificate from the authorized testing agencies. Selection of the vendors is made by the state government.
These testing agencies include-
-Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI), Pune
– Central Road Research Institute (CRRI), Delhi
-Vehicle Research & Development Establishment (VRDE), Ahmed Nagar
Applicants can apply for the HSRP online and offline. Applicants can refer to the details provided on the list of tables which contains the direct links to apply for the HSRP. If the online facility is not available in the state candidate will then have to follow the offline procedure.
No, the number plate will be provided by the showroom. Applicant can affix the number plate in the showroom or can visit the RTO in their region.
All the details about the HSRP are provided on this page. Applicants can read the information provided in the table. You can ask your queries in the comment section below.
Hope you have understood how to apply for HSRP plate for old car/scotty/bike.