HSRP Number Plate for OLD Vehicle 2020: HSRP refers to High-Security Registration Plate. It was introduced by Ministry of Road Transport and Highway in 2001. HSR Plate is made of 1mm special aluminium which is laminated by the white or yellow reflective sheets.
MORTH has now declared that it is very mandatory for citizens of India to have HSRP Number Plate for Old Vehicle 2020. Also, colour-coded fuel stickers are now compulsory for Old vehicles. Owners of 2 or 4 wheelers can register for their number plates through the official website of MORTH or by the dealers out there. You have to do HSRP registration according to your state or you can also contact your nearest dealer. HSRP and colour coded fuel stickers are very necessary. If you don’t have registered yet then do it as soon as possible otherwise you have to fill challan.
With this article, we are providing you all details regarding HSRP Number Plate for Old Vehicle 2020. Details include elements like HSRP features, Benefits, applying procedure and list goes on. Scroll down to get all further details you’re searching for.
HSRP Number Plate Registration 2020
Department of transport released notification a few days earlier. In accordance with notice, there were about 4 million registered cars without HSRP before 2012 in Delhi. There were 3 and a half lakh vehicles with fuel stickers. Now, MORTH has announced that being a citizen of India, it is very compulsory to get a HSRP Number Plate Registration.
All car holders are also informed that there are in total 236 dealers that are approved by Transport department of Delhi to install HSRP for old vehicles and color coded stickers. All vehicle owners are advised to go for a HSRP registration today or else you have to fill challan.
|Name of Organization||Transport Department|
|Full form of HSRP||High Security Registration Plate|
|HSRP was introduced by||MORTH|
|Category of article||HSRP Number Plate for Old Vehicle 2020|
|HSRP Registration Fee||2 Wheeler- Rupees 400|
4 Wheeler- Rupees 1100 (depends on vehicle category)
|Plate size (HSRP)||1mm special grade aluminium plate|
|Registration||Available at present|
|Mode to apply||Online, Dealers|
|Official Portal||As per your state|
HSRP Number Plate Registration- Benefits
- HSRP is issued for vehicle owner only if holder of vehicle provided correct details to authority.
- Availability of vehicle registration data will become easy to Enforcement Agencies, which will be helpful in management of traffic.
- Details that are provided by vehicle owner for HSRP registration are- Engine number, model number, copy of valid insurance, chassis number etc
- These plates are tamper-proof.
- HSR Plate will make it quite easy for the vehicle owner to trace their vehicle in case it is stolen, as these plates are traceable.
HSRP Registration 2020- State-wise Registration
Those people from the states that is not providing any online facility for now can go for offline procedure by contacting the dealer nearby or the RTO office. You can check the details according to your state from the table mentioned below:
|Name of State||Registration Mode||Location/Link|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Offline||Offline|
|Dadra and Nagar Havelli||Offline||Offline|
|Daman and Diu||Offline||Offline|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Offline||Offline|
HSRP Registration Fee
Check >>> New National Education Policy
- HSRP registration fees for two wheelers is Rupees 400.
- Registration fees of HSRP for four wheelers is Rupees 1100
- Fees of four wheeler vehicles depends totally upon the category of four wheeler.
HSRP And Color-Coded Fuel Stickers Registration- Delhi and UP
HSRP is a secured number plate which can be traced easily and also has a uniform pattern. 2,4 wheeler holders can register for their HSRP number plate from Book-My-HSRP. It has both the registration process for citizens of Delhi and UP separately. It includes all options so, choose accordingly for further process. HSRP and color-coded fuel stickers are very mandatory now in Delhi and UP.
From 1 October, 2020 in Delhi, it became compulsory to get an HSRP number plate with respect to Delhi government orders. If you will not register your vehicle for HSRP, then you have to fill challan. If you’re currently living in Delhi or UP but you reside basically from outside Delhi/UP then, you must visit your state transport website or contact a dealer nearby.
HSRP Registration 2020- Gujarat
Car holders can apply for HSRP number plate registration from official site of HSRP Gujarat. In official site of HSRP Gujarat it was mentioned that, HSRP number plate process (of HSRP Gujarat) is available only for vehicles registered in Gujarat State. Vehicle Holders having vehicles registered in States other than Gujarat shouldn’t apply. They also mentioned that this process is not applicable for vehicles that were registered after 31 March, 2019. It has become very compulsory for people with vehicles to go for the HSRP number plate as it is very secure. If you won’t register for HSRP then unfortunately, you have to fill the challan.
Below are mentioned the steps to register for HSRP Andhra Pradesh:
- First of all, visit the official site of HSRP Gujarat (www.hsrpgujarat.com).
- In the homepage, you will see three options- dealer, customer, society registration.
- Click on the customer option.
- By clicking on customer option, you will reach to another page of official site.
- The page contains 5 options from which you have to select Old vehicle HSRP Request and Payment.
- By clicking on the Old vehicle HSRP request and payment, you will reach the registration page.
- Fill in all the details required and then click on the submit button below.
- Your application will be submitted.
HSRP Registration- Andhra Pradesh
There are many less states providing online registration of HSRP, and Andhra Pradesh is one of them. The owners of 2,3 and 4 wheelers can apply for registration of HSRP (only in Andhra Pradesh) from the official registration portal of Andhra Pradesh (www.hsrpap.com). The process of www.hsrpap.com is only applicable for those who reside in Andhra Pradesh. Citizens of other states have to apply online or offline from the particular official portal or the RTO office accordingly.
Below are mentioned the steps to register for HSRP Andhra Pradesh:
- In the first step, visit the official site of the registration portal of Andhra Pradesh mentioned on the table above.
- A pop up window will appear on your screen, close that pop up window.
- Then you will see three options stating online payment, check your HSRP status, complaints.
- Click on online payment.
- If the page is not under construction, then you will be able to see the registration form.
- Fill the form, pay the fee and you’re good to go.
HSRP Online Registration- Punjab
The main reason behind making the HSRP number plates available is to solve the problem of theft and to easily track the particular vehicle with HSRP number plate. HSRP is fitted on the back side of vehicle to ensure the better security of vehicle. Citizens of Punjab can easily register for their HSRF number plate online. They can register from the official registration portal of HSRP Punjab (www.punjabhsrp.in). The application/registration form of HSRP Punjab includes the following attributes:
- Type of Application
- Chassis Number
- Vehicle Number
- Name of Owner
- Engine Number
- Vehicle Class
- Mobile Number
- Select Fitment Location
- Vehicle Type
- Registration Card Type
Below are mentioned the steps to register for HSRP Punjab
- In the first step, visit the official site of HSRP Punjab.
- After reaching the official site, in the bottom side of your screen you will have four options.
- Those four options will be- Apply HSRP Online, Request for Campus in institutes, Book online appointment, Customer grievance redressal.
- From those options, you have to select the Apply HSRP online.
- By clicking on that option, you will directly reach to the HSRP Application Form.
- Fill up all the details required and click on the submit button.
- Your application form will be submitted.
HSRP 2020- Color Code Stickers
- Decision was taken by Government of India to make HSRP necessary for all citizens of India.
- HSRP registered citizens need to have fuel stickers with color codes as well or else they might have to fill the challan.
- Every citizen must have fuel stickers.
- Transport department has given authority to more than 300 dealers to install HSRP and color-coded fuel stickers.
- You can get registration online and also can get your color-coded fuel stickers at ease.
How to check HSRP Registration Status?
- First of all, you have to visit official transport/HSRP site of the state you reside from.
- After reaching official site, in homepage, you will see somewhere in a menu or link named “Status”.
- Click on “Status”.
- After clicking on “Status” you will reach a login page.
- In the login page, you have to fill required details correctly.
- Required details include vehicle number, chassis number and other details as well according to official sites particularly (state-wise).
HSRP Status 2020 (State-Wise)
The citizens of India with the HSRP registration number can check their status of their HSRP. All you have to do is search the official site of the state you got your registration number from (for example Uttarakhand HSRP site will be www.hsrpuk.com). Then in the page you will be able to see the status link from which you will be able to check the current status of your HSRP.
The states in which the online status tracking system is available are- Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Delhi, Gujarat, Haryana, HP, Punjab, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand. Apart from the mentioned names of states, all other states are not providing online track of status of their HSRP Number Plate Registration 2020.
Below in the table mentioned are given the links to the official HSRP site of each state for your HSRP number plate status 2020:
|State||Status Mode||Official Portal||Link to Status Page|
|Andaman and Nicobar||Offline||www.db.and.nic.in||Offline|
|Dadra and Nagar Havelli||Offline||http://dnh.nic.in||Offline|
|Daman and Diu||Offline||https://www.daman.nic.in||Offline|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Offline||www.jaktrans.nic.in||Offline|
HSRP Number Plate Registration- Steps To Apply
Steps to apply for registration of HSRP are mentioned below:
- Step 1– First of all, visit official site according to your living state.
- Step 2– You will reach homepage of official site.
- Step 3– Click on HSRP registration related link in accordance to the particular state-wise official site.
- Step 4– You will reach the registration page of official site.
- Step 5– Fill all the required details in registration form correctly.
- Step 6– After filling in all the details required, click on submit button.
- Step 7– Complete your payment process and then you’re good to go.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it is possible. But also it depends from which state you reside.
You can apply online from the official website of HSRP Gujarat.
HSRP registration fee for 2 wheelers is Rs 400 and for 4 wheelers (depending on category) is Rs 1100.