SOF IMO Level 2 result 2023: Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF) has conducted level 2 of IMO (International Mathematics Olympiad), after conducting the same officials announced the result for the candidates who participated in the level-2 Examination. The result is uploaded on the official website whereas its direct link will also be provided on this page. Please refer to the article to have complete information regarding the IMO Result 2023.
IMO Result 2023
Before publishing the result, officials will also release the answer key on their website. The IMO Level 1 result will be published on the official website of the SOF and those candidates who secure a higher rank in level 1 will be shortlisted for level 2 whose examination dates are yet to out.
The 25 ranks holders of each class and each Olympiad exam will be awarded the Medals of distinction and this will be applicable for first level Olympiads.
SOF IMO 2023 Level 1 result Link (Announced)
IMO Result 2023: Important Dates
|IMO 2023 Level 1 Examination||10, 22 November and 13th December 2023|
|Result of IMO level 1 2023||Announced|
IMO Level 1 tie-breaker
As the result for IMO level 1 will be based on the marks secured by the candidates in the examination but in case if more than 1 candidates secure similar marks then in that case, officials will apply their tier breaker rule which is given as: –
- Higher marks in the achiever section
- Highest in mathematical reasoning
- Highest marks in everyday mathematic
- Highest marks in logical reasoning
If after applying all the criteria still tie persist then same rank will be awarded to them
SOF IMO Level 2 (Selection Criteria)
- Level 2 of IMO will be conducted for the candidates of class 3 to 12
- The top 5% of the candidates, class-wise, who took part in level 1 of the exam will be selected for level 2
- If in case of a tie of marks weightage to marks in a different section will be given.
- For level 2 top 25 rank holder classes wise and zone wise will be selected
- Class topper where at least ten students have participated in level 1 and score 50% marks in the qualifying marks.
- The second level of examination will be held for English, Science and Mathematics Olympiads
Criteria for Ranking (Single-level Olympiad)
For SOF IMO exams the ranks will be accorded by the criteria given below: –
- The marks obtained by the students in the examination
- If in case two or more students secure the same number of marks then the ranks will be determined on the grounds of marks secured in sections accorded given priority
- In case of a tie marks, the marks secured by a student in a previous class may also be considered to determine their rank
- But in case two or more students having same marks under both the criteria mentioned above then the same rank will be awarded
- In case of any confusion, the decision of the academic council will be a final and binding and telephonic round of question may be conducted to determine ranks
Steps to check the IMO Level 1 Result 2023
All candidates who had participated in the SOF IMO examination must follow the steps given below to obtain IMO result easily
- First, all candidates need to visit the official website of the SOF which is
- Now on the home page, a link will be running of IMO Level 1 result
- Click on it OR you may also select the result section on the home page
- On click, you will be redirected to a new page
- Now select the Olympiad first then enter your roll number and enter the captcha code in it
- On pressing view the result your result will appear to your screen
- Check the details and status of the result if
- If you have successfully qualified for the level 1 then must take a print out of it for future reference
Details mentioned in the IMO result
On downloading the IMO level 1 result there are few details which are present in it like:
- Student name
- Name of the school
- Roll number
- Marks obtained by the student
- The rank of the student (international)
- International award won
- State/ zone rank
- Zone/state rank
- School award won
- Parent’s name
SOF IMO Cut-off
|Class||Total Marks||Achievers Section[M4]||Mathematical Reasoning (M2)||Everyday Mathematics (M3)||Logical Reasoning (M1)|
SPR (Student Performance Report)
- Each student who participated in the IMO level 1 examination is provided with an SPR.
- The SPR is a detailed analysis of student’s performance in level 1 of the examination
- The main objective of SPR is to share his/her analysis with the student and his/ her parents.
- From this, a student can understand his/ her strengths and the areas where he/she needs to improve.
The SPR consists of six sections:
- Section A: – it provides the student’s marks and ranks achieved in school/ City/zone at the international level
- Section B: – it provides a student performance section-wise
- Section C: – it provides the answer to the question asked in the Olympiad and the answer marked by the student and comparison of performance with other students in the zone and at the international level.
- Section D: – it provides a comparison in the percentage of a student with the class, city, zone and international level
- Section E: – it provides a comparison of average marks analysis at the school, city, zone and at the international level
- Section F: – it provides a comparison of student’s performance in the Olympiad during the past 9 years
Criteria of ranking in the second level of Olympiad examination
In level 2 of examination rank will be awarded by the criteria given below: –
- If in case two or more students have the same marks then the ranks will be accorded by:
- Marks scored in sections in level two exams will be given priority
- The total marks scored by the student in level 1 examination
- The marks secured by the students in a section of the level 1 exam will be given priority
- But in cases two or more students same marks by applying the above criteria then they will be awarded the same ranking
There are a total of 21 zones from which the students are participating and below we have given the list of each zone from which the SOF will determine:
The zone topper who qualifies for second-level exams and they will be awarded for performance in their 2nd level exams according to their zones.
North Zone: –
- Delhi Uttar Pradesh/ Uttarakhand
- Punjab/ Chandigarh
- Himachal Pradesh/ Jammu & Kashmir/ Ladakh
East zone: –
- West Bengal/ Andaman & Nicobar
- North-East (Assam/ Arunachal Pradesh/ Tripura/ Sikkim/ Meghalaya/ Mizoram/ Manipur/ Nagaland)
West zone: –
- Maharashtra/ Goa
- Gujarat/ Daman & Diu/ Dadra & Nagar Haveli
- Madhya Pradesh
South Zone: –
- Andhra Pradesh/ Telangana
- Tamil Nadu/ Puducherry
International Zone: –
- All countries other than India
IMO Awards and Scholarship
The result date is yet to be notified.
Please go through the article, as we have provided steps to check the result.