To benefit the students of the minority categories, the authorities at the Tamil Nadu State have announced the Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare ADW Scholarship. The application procedure for the scholarship will be conducted online, and the Department of Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare, Tamil Nadu, will also declare the deadlines. There are multiple rewards for eligible prospects.
The candidates can check all the details further in the ensuing article, along with direct application links.
ADW Scholarship Application 2023 Notification
The State Government of Tamil Nadu has a separate department named the Department of Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare, Tamil Nadu. They aim to support the lives of people of minorities in the state and provide them with equal rights while assisting with living costs, education, social upliftment, and more. One such scheme is the ADW Scholarship. This Tamil Nadu scholarship scheme is funded entirely by the State Government and handled by the respective department.
The scheme supports all students depending on their requirements and financial conditions. It is worth observing that the scholarship is modelled as per the two distinctive levels of education, school and college. The applicants have to be eligible, and the authorities will conduct thorough research regarding the same.
ADW Scholarship Application 2023: Highlights
|Name of the Scholarship||Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare ADW Scholarship|
|Authority||Tamil Nadu State Government|
|Department||Department of Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare, Tamil Nadu|
|Eligible Candidates||Tamil Nadu Candidates belonging to Minorities and having Financially Weaker Background.|
|Benefits||Financial Assistance to Support Educational Expenses|
|Status of Application||Not Active|
|Commencement of Application||To be Announced|
|Last Date to Apply||To be Announced|
Aim of Tamil Nadu ADW Scholarship
The prime aim of the scholarship is to assist Students belonging to Minorities in the state who have a financially unstable backdrop. To support their education and make things better, the authorities provide them with monetary help at regular intervals. The authorities have classified the ADW scholarship depending on the applicants’ education levels.
There is a separate wing of scholarship for students willing to study in schools, while the other is for students pursuing undergraduate degrees or polytechnic courses at Industrial Training Institutes. The support provided by the Department of Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare, Tamil Nadu, depends on the education level and category and the family’s financial condition.
Rewards under TN Adi Dravidar & Tribal ADW Scheme
The candidates applying for the Tamil Nadu Scholarship Scheme for the Adi Dravidar & Tribal Students in the state will receive the scholarship awards based on their educational level. Additionally, their accommodation status will also further affect the reward they will receive as a benefit of the scheme. The following perks of being a recipient of the ADW Scholarship:
- Female Students belonging to the category of Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes of Classes III to V will be provided with a stipend of Rs. 500 every year.
- Girl Students in Class VI or above will receive a stipend of Rs. 1000 per year.
- For Classes VII and VIII, the authorities have declared a stipend of Rs. 1500 per year.
- A yearly stipend of Rs. 1850 will be given to the students in Class X who have qualified for the award.
- Students pursuing undergraduate degrees from a recognized institution in India will receive Rs. 7500 as a stipend every year for the entire duration of their study.
- Candidates pursuing a postgraduate degree or a professional course will be awarded Rs. 8000 annually.
- Law Graduates will be allocated a grant of Rs. 50,000 as they prepare to practise.
Eligibility Criteria for ADW Scholarship Tamil Nadu
To be able to apply for the scholarship and obtain its benefits, the applicants need to be eligible for the recruitment. The ensuing conditions of eligibility have been announced by the authorities in the Tamil Nadu State for the Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Scholarship:
- The applicant must be a native resident of Tamil Nadu, residing in the state for at least five years.
- Applicants must belong to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, or Minority Muslim category.
- Prospects who have converted to Christianity can also apply for the Scheme.
- Students studying in Classes I to XII and pursuing education up to the PhD level can apply for the recruitment.
- The candidates presently studying at higher educational levels, which are colleges, need to be self-funded, and only then shall they be eligible for the Scholarship awards.
- The applicants’ family income should not exceed Rs. 2 Lakhs annually, combined with all sources.
- Students of Class XI and XII aiming to study in schools of high repute need to make sure that their family income is not more than Rs. 1 Lakhs per annum.
- Applicants seeking help with accommodation expenses by applying for the ADW Hostels must have a distance of more than five kilometres between their houses and the colleges, institutions or universities.
- Candidates applying for academic education in highly prestigious institutions must observe that they should have passed the required qualifying examination to get admitted.
- Candidates aiming to apply for higher education and scholarship under the ADW Scheme of Scholarship must have obtained education from schools that qualify under the category of Adi Dravidar Welfare Schools, GTR, Government, or Government-aided Schools.
Documents for Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Scholarship
The authorities will require the applicants for the Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Scholarship to furnish the following documents to support the scholarship application:-
- Original Income Certificate
- A copy of the Category Certificate or Community Proof
- Xerox of the Bank Passbook of the Applicant
- Photocopy of the Aadhar Card of the Applicant
- Copy of Marksheet of Class X, if applicable
- Copy of Marksheet of Class XII, if applicable
- Xerox of the Transfer Certificate
- Certificate of Attendance in the respective institution
- Photocopy of Fees Challan
- School Students need to submit the required documents of their Parents or Guardians.
Tamil Nadu ADW Scholarship Application Forms
The application registration has not yet commenced on the designated portal of the Department of Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare, Tamil Nadu, for the scholarship. Once the application procedure has commenced, the prospects must fill out and submit the application forms before the deadline. The candidates need to apply for the scholarship award online mode by following the following steps:-
- Open the official portal of the Tamil Nadu State at www.tn.gov.in.
- On the Home page, check the section Services.
- Tap on the link for Department Wise Services, and all the respective departments under the state government will be listed.
- Under the Department Wise section, click on the option of Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Department.
- All the services under the same department will be listed.
- Tap on the option of Online application for Scholarship.
- The URL, http://escholarship.tn.gov.in/, will be available for the Users.
- Tap on the link to reach the Tamil Nadu e-District Scholarship System.
- Click on the button for the Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Scholarship.
- The respective page will appear on the screen.
- Click on the option to Apply for Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Scholarship.
- The Registration Form will open up, where the candidates must enter all the details regarding their profile and create credentials.
- Head to the Login Form and enter the same credentials.
- The candidates must access their accounts and fill out the ADW Scholarship Application Form in their dashboards.
- Further, they will be required to upload the necessary documents as directed by the authorities for the Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Scholarship Application.
- Lastly, Submit the application forms.
- Further, the candidates are advised to Print the ADW Scholarship Application Form for reference in the future.
When can I fill out the ADW Scholarship Application Forms?
The candidates can fill out the ADW Scholarship Application very soon. The authorities have not yet provided details regarding the dates. Thus, potential applicants are advised to keep checking this space for all the latest news.
Where can I apply for the Tamil Nadu Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Scholarship 2023?
The candidates seeking to apply for Tamil Nadu Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Scholarship 2023 can fill out the application forms on the Tamil Nadu Government Scholarship Portal at escholarship.tn.gov.in.