Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship was launched by the Prime Minister of India, Late Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee, in the Conference of National Education and Economics Development of Minorities. The scholarship is for minor girls who cannot continue their studies because of a lack of financial support and belong to these classes: Muslims, Parsis, Sikhs, Jain, Christians and Buddhists. Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship was previously known as Maulana Azad National Scholarship. This foundation already helped 8,84,864 girls students all over India.
What is the Begum Hazrat Scholarship Scheme?
Begum Hazrat Scholarship is a scheme only for female candidates who belong to these six classes of community: Muslims, Parsis, Sikhs, Jain, Christians and Buddhists. Earlier, it was known as the Maulana Azad Scholarship, launched by the Late Atal Bihari Vajpayee in 2003, with the motto of Education and Economic Development.
The main purpose of launching this scholarship is to support Minority girls who want to study, but because of the unstable financial status of their families, they didn’t have a chance to study. This scholarship is an initiative to make the Educated world so that they live a better life.
Eligibility Criteria Required For Begum Hazrat Scholarship
- Begum Hazrat Scholarship is only for minor community girls who cannot continue their studies because of a lack of financial support and belong to these classes: Muslims, Parsis, Sikhs, Jain, Christians and Buddhists.
- It is given to the girls who study in the 9th to 12th standard and at least score 50 per cent in the previous class or qualifying exam.
- The School Verification is needed with the Principal stamp and signature in the given space in the form and uploaded with the application form.
- Parents must submit The Annual Income Certificate, which shouldn’t be more than two lakhs INR.
- Income Certificate either in Hindi or English or a Regional language
- One student can submit one Application form. If they submit more than one, it will come into duplicacy, and the application will be rejected.
- From one family, the scholarship will not be given to more than two children.
- There is no need to submit a hard copy by post to MAEF.
- No fees are charged for the application form or other services.
- Under the scholarship scheme, if the student is already getting a scholarship from the central/ state government, he or she will not be eligible for this scholarship.
- Under the scholarship scheme, there is no such provision to study abroad.
What are the documents required to submit while applying?
The following documents you need to upload while applying for the scholarship:
- Family annual income certificate
- Details of Bank account
- Candidate passport-size photos
- School Verification is needed with the Principal stamp and signature in the given space in the form.
- All marksheet certificates
- Identification proof ( Aadhaar card)
- Minority Category certificate
How Scholarship Amount can be Transferred?
The scholarship amount will be credited directly to the receiver account through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode according to the Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship Scheme guidelines.
Subscribe to our FREE e-Newsletter for Daily Updates.
Govt Jobs Opening, Results & Online Earning Opportunities.
Any other payment mode like payment through cheque or demand draft, payment of fees is not applicable.
|For classes 9th & 10th||5k INR for each|
|For classes 11th & 12th||6k INR for each|
How do you fill out the Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Application form?
- The candidates first have to register themselves to the NSP portal.
- After submission of the registration form, candidates must submit all the documents relatable to the scholarship; the registration link is given below.
- Then, log in to the portal using your registered mobile number and DOB and fill out the scholarship form.
- Also, provide the information about the parent’s income certificate, mark sheet and bank account details.
- You can fill out the application form by visiting the official website.
Begum Hazrat Scholarship Renewal
According to the Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship Scheme guidelines, there is no renewal of the scholarship under any circumstances. The application is for classes 9 to 12, and again, you have to apply for the scholarship for the new class; you have to fit the eligibility criteria of the Begum Hazrat Scholarship Scheme, i.e. you need to score a minimum of 50 cents on your last examination if you want to apply again for the Scholarship.
What is the Selection Procedure for the Begum Hazrat Scholarship?
The selection is based on the Begum Hazrat Scholarship scheme guidelines, which include the minimum percentage of 50% required for this scholarship, the annual Income certificate of your family you must submit, and the marks obtained on the qualifying exam.
In what terms and conditions can the scholarship be cancelled?
There are some basic criteria you need to know in what conditions your scholarship can be cancelled:
- The scholarship award can be cancelled or suspended if there is any gap in an academic session.
- No application can be entertained if not submitted within a given time limit.
- The scholarship will be cancelled if any documents are found false or not per the eligibility criteria.
Important things you need to know about the Begum Hazrat Scholarship?
Some of the main things you need to know about the Begum Hazrat Scholarship Scheme are as follows:
- This scholarship is not for candidates who want to study abroad.
- The scholarship is only for female candidates in the minor community class.
- For all the updates, you can see the official site of the Begum Hazrat Scholarship portal.
- Scholarship money can be directly transferred to the Beneficiary account by DBT.
- A government scheme gives the scholarship.
- Candidates do not need to submit the fees for the scholarship application form.
- In any circumstances, the scholarship will not be revived if cancelled.
|For Registration Link||NSP Registration Link|
|Scholarship Payment Status||NSP Payment Status|
|For the Latest Updates Check Out||NVSHQ Homepage|
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the essential documents required to fill out the MAEF scholarship form?
Candidates must submit the following documents:-
School verification certificate, Income certificate, Bank details, mark sheet.
Is the Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship the same as MAEF?
Both scholarships are the same; previously, it was known as Maulana Azad Scholarship.
Who is eligible for this scholarship?
This scholarship is given to girls who study in the 9th to 12th standard and at least score 50 per cent in the previous class or qualifying exam.
The candidate belongs to the following community class: Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Jains, Parsis, and Sikhs are eligible.
Annual Family Income shouldn’t be more than 2lakh.