Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship was launched by Prime Minister of India Late Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee at the conference of National Education and Economics development of Minorities. The scholarship for minor girls who are unable to continue their studies because of lacking financial support and belong to these classes: Muslims, Parsis, Sikhs, Jain, Christians, Buddhist. Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship was previously known by the name of Maulana Azad National Scholarship. This foundation already helped 8,84,864 girls students all over India.
The registration process for the scholarship is closed on 15th December whereas the defective and institute verification will be done till 31 January 2022.
What is Begum Hazrat Scholarship Scheme?
Begum Hazrat Scholarship is the scheme, only for girls candidates who belong from these six classes of community Muslims, Parsis, Sikhs, Jain, Christians, Buddhists. Earlier it was known to be the Maulana Azad Scholarship which was launched by Late Atal Bihari Vajpayee in 2003, for the motto of Education and Economic Development.
The main purpose to launch this scholarship is to support Minor community girls who want to study but because of the unstable financial status of the family, they didn’t have a chance to study. This scholarship is the initiate to make the Educated world and so that they live a better life.
Eligibility Criteria Required For Begum Hazrat Scholarship
- Begum Hazrat Scholarship is only for minor community girls who unable to continue their studies because of lacking financial support and belong to these classes: Muslims, Parsis, Sikhs, Jain, Christians, Buddhist.
- It is given to the girls who study in the 9th to 12th standard and at least score 50 percent in the previous class or qualifying exam.
- The School Verification is needed with the Principal stamp and signature in the given space in the form and upload it with the application form.
- The Annual Income Certificate of parents have to submit and it shouldn’t be more than two lakhs INR.
- Income Certificate either in Hindi or English, or Regional language
- One student can submit one Application form if they submitted more than one it will come into the duplicacy and the application will be rejected.
- From one family, the scholarship will not be given to more than two children.
- There is no need to submit hard copy by post to MAEF.
- There is no fees charge neither for the application form nor for other services.
- Under the scholarship scheme, if the student already getting a scholarship from the central/ state government will not eligible for this scholarship.
- Under the scholarship scheme, there is no such provision to study in aboard.
What are the documents required to submit while applying?
The following documents you need to upload while applying for the scholarship:
- Family annual income certificate
- Details of Bank account
- Candidate passport size photos
- School Verification is needed with the Principal stamp and signature in the given space in the form.
- All marksheet certificates
- Identification proof ( Aadhaar card)
- Minority Category certificate
How Scholarship Amount can be Transferred?
The amount of scholarship will be credited directly to the receiver account through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode according to the guidelines of the Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship Scheme.
Any other payment mode like payment through cheque or demand draft, payment of fees is not applicable in any situation.
|For class 9th & 10th||5k INR for each|
|For class 11th & 12th||6k INR for each|
How to fill Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Application form?
- The candidates firstly have to register themselves to the MAEF Scholarship portal.
- After submissions of the registration form, candidates have to submit all the documents relatable to the scholarship, the link of registration is given below.
- Then must log in to the portal by using your registered mobile number and DOB and fill the scholarship form.
- Also provide the information about the parent’s income certificate, mark sheet and bank account details.
- You can fill the application form by visiting the official website.
You have to register and fill the details in the form which look like this:
Begum Hazrat Scholarship Renewal
According to the guidelines of Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship Scheme, there is no renewal of scholarship under any circumstances, the application is for class 9th to 12th class and again you have to apply for the scholarship for the new class and also you have to fit the eligibility criteria of the Begum Hazrat Scholarship Scheme i.e you need to score minimum 50percent on your last examination, if you want to apply again for the Scholarship.
What is the Selection Procedure of Begum Hazrat Scholarship?
The selection is based on the Begum Hazrat Scholarship scheme guidelines which include the minimum percentage 50% is required for this scholarship, and annual Income certificate of your family you have to submit it, and based on the marks obtained on the qualifying exam.
In what terms and condition the scholarship can be cancelled?
There are some basic criteria you need to know that in what conditions your scholarship can be canceled:
- The scholarship award can be canceled or suspended if there is any gap in an academic session.
- No application can be entertained if not submitted within a given time limit.
- If any documents found false or not per the eligibility criteria then the scholarship will be canceled.
Important things you need to know about Begum Hazrat Scholarship?
Some of the main things you need to know about Begum Hazrat Scholarship Scheme are as follows:
- This scholarship is not for the candidates who want to study in abroad.
- Scholarship is only for girl candidate who belong from the minor community class.
- All the updates you can see the official site of Begum Hazrat Scholarship portal.
- Scholarship money can directly transfer to the Beneficiary account by DBT.
- The scholarship given by government scheme.
- Candidates no need to submit the fees for scholarship application form.
- In any circumstances scholarship will not be revived if canceled.
|For Registration Link||Closed|
|Scholarship Payment Status||Click Here|
|For Scholarship guidelines||Click Here|
|For more details and queries||Click Here|
Other Useful Links
- Scholarship In India State Wise
- Dr. Ambedkar Post Matric Scholarship
- West Bengal Scholarship 2021
- Ts ePass Scholarship
- MOMA Scholarship
- West Bengal Scholarship 2021
Frequently Asked Questions
Candidates must submit the following documents:-
School verification certificate, Income certificate, Bank details, mark sheet.
Both the scholarship is same, previously it was known as Maulana Azad Scholarship.
This scholarship is given to the girls who study in the 9th to 12th standard and at least score 50 percent in the previous class or qualifying exam.
The candidate belongs to the following community class: Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Jains, Parsis, and Sikhs are eligible.
Annual Family Income shouldn’t be more than 2lakh.
You need to Login to the official site of the MAEF and click on the status bar. For official link you can go through the article.
The amount of scholarship can directly credited to the receiver account through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode.
There is no such criteria for renewal in every class candidate must apply for the scholarship again.
The BPL families who have lowest annual income can give the preference accordingly.
No, if candidate already has one scholarship are not eligible for another one.
A scholarship award can be canceled or suspended if there is any gap in an academic session.
Any documents found false or not per the eligibility criteria then the scholarship will be canceled.
The selection is based on the percentage minimum of 50% is required for this scholarship and community and income certificates
There is no renewal of scholarship under any circumstances, the application is for class 9th to 12th class and they have to apply again for new class.
According to the scheme of Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship the candidates who are in 9th to 10th standard 5000 INR will be given to per candidate and candidates who are in 11th to 12th standard 6000 INR will be given to each candidate.
The candidate who don’t have their own account they can the bank details of their parents or guardian.
You can fill the application form from the official site www.maef.nic.in and the registration link also given the above article.
In the academic year it is unacceptable according to the guidelines of Begum Hazrat Scholarship.