To support the college education of students who belong to economically weaker sections, the Sarojini Damodaran Foundation initiated the Vidyadhan scholarship programme. Students who have completed the class 10 or equivalent education must appear for the test and interview to avail themselves of the scheme’s benefits.
The foundation will provide a scholarship for two years, and they have announced all the details required for an aspirant to know. Interested students will have to apply online for the scholarship program and then appear for the written test for an interview, depending upon the selection procedure devised by the foundation.
To read details such as the Vidyadhan scholarship amount, selection procedure, schedule, documents required for application, application procedure, and much more regarding the Vidyadhan scholarship programme offered by Sarojini Damodaran Foundation, check the article below.
The Sarojini Damodaran Foundation is accepting online applications from class 11 and 12 students interested in receiving the Vidyadhan scholarship. They will shortlist the candidates based on their application, and the students must go through the selection procedure. The registration process has started through the online portal of the scholarship. Interested students must complete the application form and confirm their scholarship candidacy.
Presently, 4300 students are receiving benefits under the scheme. Mainly, the Vidyadhan scholarship covers states such as Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Telangana, Goa, and Odisha.
The application procedure has started for students who have passed their class 10 from Andhra Pradesh, Goa or Karnataka. Only eligible students will be selected for the program.
Vidyadhan Scholarship: Highlights
|Name of the Scholarship||Vidyadhan Scholarship|
|Offered By||Sarojini Damodaran foundation or SDF|
|Offered To||Meritorious students of Class 11 and 12 belonging to the economically weaker section|
|Scholarship Duration||2 Years|
|Scholarship Amount||Rs. 10,000 per year|
|States||Andhra Pradesh, Goa, and Karnataka|
SDF Vidyadhan Scholarship Aim
The Vidyadhan scholarship aims to empower the students belonging to economically weaker sections. Such families whose income is less than Rs.2 lakhs but whose students are highly meritorious and are doing well in their studies will benefit from the scheme. As far as education is concerned, every student deserves the best respect for their financial status.
To ensure that finances are not a problem in the budding future of highly capable students, the Sarojini Damodaran Foundation provides a Vidyadhan scholarship. The money provided to the students is strictly for educational purposes. Thus ensuring that quality education is provided to the students without causing them to drop out or compromise due to financial instability.
Vidyadhan Scholarship Award
Students will be provided scholarships for two years. Per year, a scholarship amount of Rs.10,000 will be deposited in the account of those selected for it. The scholarship amount has to be used for strictly educational purposes. Only eligible students will be receiving the award after their selection.
Sarojini Damodardaas Foundation Eligibility
The following students will be considered eligible for the scholarship:
- The student must belong to the state for which he/she is applying.
- The family’s annual income should be less than Rs.2 lakhs combined from all sources.
- The students should have completed their class 10 education or equivalent from the respective state.
- A minimum of 90% or 9 CGPA is required in the result of class 10 for the students to apply.
- For students with benchmark disabilities, the cut-off mark has been reduced to 75% or 7.5 CGPA.
Documents needed for SDF Scholarship Application
Students need to submit the following documents while applying for the scholarship:
- Class 10th mark sheet. In case, the original mark sheet is unavailable, the students can upload an electronically generated online mark sheet as released by the board.
- Photograph the candidate in the required format and size.
- An income certificate is issued by a competent authority in government to prove that the family’s annual income is less than Rs.2 lakhs per year.
Vidyadhan Scholarship Important Dates
The following dates have been announced for the application and selection of students for the Vidyadhan scholarship:-
|State||Application Deadline||Screening Test||Interview/Test|
|Ladakh||30 October 2023||12 November 2023||25 to 30 November 2023|
|Delhi||15 October 2023||28 October 2023||30 October 2023 to 25 November 2023|
|Himachal Pradesh||20 October 2023||29 October 2023||10 to 18 November 2023|
|Punjab||30 November 2023||17 December 2023||30 December 2023 to 20 January 2024|
|Uttar Pradesh||15 October 2023||22 October 2023 to 30 November 2023|
|SECMOLE Ladakh Program||15 October 2023||20 to 31 October 2023|
Application Process for Vidyadhan Scholarship
Follow the steps given below in order to apply for the Vijaydan scholarship offered by the Sarojini Damodaran Foundation:
- Open the official portal of the Vidyadhan scholarship at www.vidyadhan.org.
- On the homepage, all the currently open scholarship programmes will be listed.
- If the candidate is from Andhra Pradesh, Goa, or Karnataka, he/she can apply for the program.
- Scroll the portal page and tap on the option of Apply Now.
- Enter the email ID and a link will be sent for account activation.
- Activate the account using the link provided.
- Use the same account to log in on the portal by tapping the Already Registered option. Login.
- Enter the details of the candidate and fill out the application form.
- Upload the documents as mentioned earlier.
- Tap on the option of Submit.
- The successful submission message will appear on the screen, and all the details regarding the scholarship programme will be delivered on the email ID entered.
Important Links and Contact Details
|Apply Now||Vidyadhan Scholarship Online Application|
|For Related Updates, Follow||NVSHQ Homepage|
|Email ID for Helpemail@example.com|