JKPSC CCE Syllabus 2023: JKPSC released a notification for the CCE exam to recruit eligible candidates for J&K administrative services, Police, and Account services every year. JSKPSC has released notification for the 2023 exam. JKPSC CCE Syllabus 2023 is an important element of the CCE exam preparation as papers will be based on it. Therefore, it becomes important for every JKPSC CCE aspirant to go through the syllabus carefully before starting their exam preparation.
Aspirants who have filled out JKPSC CCE 2023 applications for the upcoming exam must have started preparing. For better preparation, they must have complete information about the exam syllabus.
JKPSC CCE Syllabus 2023
As the selection is based on preliminary and main examinations, candidates should have complete knowledge of the exam pattern and syllabus.
To help JKPSC CCE candidates in this, we have shared all the necessary information on the CCE syllabus 2023 here in this article like exam pattern, syllabus of both pre and main exams, important dates, etc. Candidates can check this article till the end to get the JKPSC Syllabus CCE of each paper.
JKPSC CCE Syllabus: Details
|Exam||JKPSC Combined Competitive Examination (CCE)|
|Conducting Authority||J& K Public Service Commission (JKPSC)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Selection Process||Preliminary exam, Main Exam, Interview|
|Posts||Junior Scale of J&K Administrative Service J&K Police (G) Services J&K Accounts (G) Services|
JKPSC CCE 2023 Exam Pattern
Check the examination scheme for JKPSC CCE Prelims and Mains exams shared as under-
- No. of papers- Two (General Studies Paper-I & General Studies Paper-II)
- Types of questions- Objective Type Questions
- Total Marks- 400
- Duration of Exam- 2 hours for each paper
- Negative Marking- Yes
- The main examination will include a Written test and a Personality Test/Interview.
- Types of Question- Conventions (essay) Type
- It will include total of 8 papers
- Total Marks (Written Test)- 1750 marks
- Duration of exam- 3 hours for each paper
|Paper for Merit|
|Paper I- Essay||250|
|Paper II- General Studies-I (Geography and history of the World & Society, Indian Heritage & Culture,)||250|
|Paper III-General Studies-II (Constitution, Polity, Social Justice & International relations), Governance)||250|
|Paper IV- General Studies –III (Technology, Bio-diversity, Economic Dev., Environment, Security & Disaster Mgmt)||250|
|Paper V General Studies –IV (Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude)||250|
|Paper VI Optional Subject- Paper I||250|
|Paper VII Optional Subject- Paper I||250|
|Total (Paper for merit)||1750|
How to check JKPSC CCE Syllabus online?
JKPSC CCE syllabus is uploaded on the official portal of the Commission. Aspiring candidates can download the syllabus pdf from there and prepare accordingly. A direct link to download the syllabus pdf is also provided in this post. Candidates can also download it through the direct link.
Now, check the process to access the JKPSC CCE syllabus pdf below-
- Visit JKPSC online portal.
- Scroll down the homepage and search for Notice Board.
- Click on the “SRO 103-Syllabus for CCE (Main), 2023” link.
- The syllabus pdf will open.
- Check the completed syllabus.
- Download for further references.
JKPSC CCE Syllabus 2023
Check the complete syllabus for both Prelims and Mains examinations given here-
JKPSC CCE 2023 Preliminary Syllabus
Paper I will include questions from the following topics-
- Indian History and Indian National Movement
- Current events/ affairs (Both of National and & International importance)
- Geography (Both World & India)– which further includes Physical, Economic and Social Geography
- Social & Economic Development– Include topics such as Poverty, Demographics, Sustainable Development, Initiatives taken in the social sector, Inclusion, etc.
- Polity & Governance (In India)– This include Indian Constitution, Its Political System, Public Policy, Panchayati Raj System, Rights Issues etc.
- General issues on Bio-diversity, Environmental ecology & Climate Change–No subject specialization is required
- General Science
IMPORTANT NOTE- Candidates may also be asked questions about Jammu & Kashmir state.
Paper II will include questions from-
-Interpersonal skills including communication skills
-Logical reasoning and analytical ability
-Decision-making and problem-solving
-General mental ability
-Basic numeracy (of class 10th level)
Jammu & Kashmir PSC CCE 2023 Main Syllabus
Qualifying Paper- English
English paper will be of qualifying nature and will include the following types of questions of class X level-
- Comprehension of given passages.
- Precis Writing.
- Vocabulary & Usage
- Short Essays.
Paper for Counting Merit
- Paper I
It will include essays on various topics.
- Paper II
General Studies I- Will include questions on Geography & History of the World and Society, Indian Culture & Heritage
- Paper III
General Studies II- Will include questions on the Constitution of India, Social Justice and International relations, Governance etc.
- Paper IV
General Studies III- Economic Development, Technology, Biodiversity, Security and Disaster Management, Environment
- Paper V
General Studies IV- Ethics, Aptitude, and Integrity
- Paper VI & Paper VII- Optional Subject
In Paper VI and Paper VII, questions will be asked on the basis of optional subjects selected by the candidates. They can select from any of the following subjects-
|Agriculture||Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science||Botany||Chemistry|
|Anthropology||Civil Engineering||Commerce and Accountancy||Economics|
|Medical science||Philosophy||Physics||Political Science & International Relations|
|Zoology||Literature of any of the given languages- English, Hindi, Arabic, Sanskrit, Persian, Dogri, Urdu, Kashmiri|
Detailed syllabus pdf for each subject can be downloaded from the link shared below in this article.
In case of any query regarding JKPSC CCE Syllabus 2023, readers can let us know through the comment box.
The syllabus pdf can be downloaded from the JKPSC portal.
Selection for various posts under JKPSC CCE is made on the basis of the preliminary exam, the Main exam which also includes an Interview. The interview is then followed by a medical fitness test.
Eligible candidates are allowed 6 attempts at the exam. There is no restriction on the no. of attempts for SC/ ST and Physically challenged candidates. However, physically challenged candidates from the General category are given 9 attempts.
Prelims consist of two papers on General Studies where General Studies II is qualifying in nature.