Essay on Sports and Games: Sports and Games are highly important for Children and Students. If you are asked to write an essay on a relative topic, it shall not only be very interesting for you but also, confusing to a little extent. You can be dubious about the kind of essay you can write on the topic and how you can frame the kind of essay you have chosen for yourself. It is important to have clarity before you finally start writing. Thus, we have tried simplifying the process by providing a stepwise guide for essay writing.
In the ensuing article, you can check a complete insight into the way you must write an Essay on Sports and Games in English. Further, we have also provided a sample essay for the purpose of reference which shall assist you as you will structure your essay. Additionally, there are essential quotes on the topic of “Sports and Games” that you can add to your essay which shall make it extremely impressive.
Essay on Sports and Games in English
The students who are willing to frame an essay on the topic, “Sports and Games”, can choose one of the two things. They can either express their views on the topic or simply describe it. The difference in both kinds of essays is that the one where you shall be mentioning your perspective will get personal. Here, you can either write about the importance of these activities in life and their relevance in your life. Further, you can also describe your excitement or dislikes for Sports and Games if you are to write a basic essay. While writing the essay, the level at which it has to be written and the length to which the essay can be stretched also matter a lot.
The other type of essay is a descriptive one. When you are writing an essay on topics such as, “Sports and Games”, you have the choice to go descriptive. The introduction of the essay could be such that you can explain what sports are. Further, as you move towards the body or the content, you must mention the importance and benefits. You can also explain the kinds of sports and games, depending on the liberty of length and the topic. In conclusion, you can mention the benefits of indulging in these activities and also observe the career prospects. Going descriptive is one of the best ways, for sure as it shall help you with the doubt about the impression quotient of the essay.
Quotes on Sports and Games
To make the essay more interesting, you can add the following quotes:
- If you fail to prepare, you’re prepared to fail ~ Mark Spitz
- The five S’s of sports training are stamina, speed, strength, skill, and spirit; but the greatest of these is spirit ~ Ken Doherty
- An athlete cannot run with money in his pockets. He must run with hope in his heart and dreams in his head ~ Emil Zatopek
- The only way to prove you are a good sport is to lose ~ Ernie Banks
- I don’t count my situps. I only start counting once it starts hurting ~ Muhammad Ali
- You dream. You plan. You reach. There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, with belief, with confidence and trust in yourself and those around you, there are no limits ~ Michael Phelps
- Sports serve society by providing vivid examples of excellence ~ George F. Will
- In a growth mindset, challenges are exciting rather than threatening. So rather than thinking, oh, I’m going to reveal my weaknesses, you say, wow, here’s a chance to grow ~ Carol Dweck
- If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes. ~ Andrew Carnegie
- I’ve learned that something constructive comes from every defeat ~ Tom Landry
- Continuous effort—not strength or intelligence—is the key to unlocking our potential ~ Liane Cardes
- I hated every minute of training, but I said, don’t quit, suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion ~ Muhammad Ali
- They say discipline and dedication and respect are the key factors, but patience is a virtue that is absolutely essential! ~ Ria Ramnarine
- You should never stay at the same level. Always push yourself to the next ~ Marnelli Dimzon
- Cancer can take away all my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart and it cannot touch my soul. And those three things are going to carry on forever ~ Jimmy Valvano
Sample Essay on Sports and Games
Sports and Games refer to one of the best school time lessons for nearly all the students. As one grows up, the term might be a daily activity while for some, it evolves as a profession. However, for certain people, it can also imply that sports are just a leisure activity or just a watch. From passion to profession, sports and games have evolved very strongly. Sports can be highly crucial not only on the basic level but also on an international level.
Sports and Games include Cricket, Football, Golf, Badminton, Hockey, Javelin Throw, High Jump, Athletics, and much more. There are a lot of tournaments conducted for each sport or game across the globe. The players often indulge in a very diligent lifestyle to ensure their balance and proficiency in the game. Basic education regarding sports and games starts at the school level where special lessons are allocated to ensure proper health building of students. As they grow up, it is for them to choose if they seek education in the field, keep it as a hobby, follow it passionately, or practice it as a leisure. Sports have evolved to a very high extent in the modern world.
There are multiple ways of channelling enthusiasm for Sports and Games. The prime reason to do so must be health. While many opt for gyms, yoga, and others in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle. However, there is an option of pursuing Sports and Games. Sports not only refresh the mind but also provide deep physical fitness regarding the same. Hence, is important to prioritise involvement in sports and games.