e-sampada portal (One Nation One System): Good Governance is one of the key factors behind the success and development of a nation and India is a country that is working effectively to achieve it by taking various progressive steps on a timely basis. Good Governance day in India is observed on December 25th every year on the birth anniversary of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
In line to achieve the goal of transparency and accountability while making sure the ease of living of citizens of the nation, GoI on 25th December 2020, launched a new web portal and a mobile application, e-Sampada. It is basically a single platform that has been launched by the Government to manage all GoI Estate Services in the country.
e-Sampada portal was launched on the occasion of Good Governance Day by the Minister of State(I/C) for Housing & Urban Affairs (MOHUA) Shri Hardeep S Puri in the presence of other senior officials in a virtual program held at the national capital. The portal is launched with the objective to provide a single-window platform for allotment of more than 1 lakh govt residential accommodations, allotment of office and market accommodations to govt organizations, booking of Holiday homes & Touring Officers hostels at various locations, booking of venues such as 5, Ashoka Road, Vigyan Bhawan, etc. for social functions etc.
All the aforesaid venues and estates are administered by different departments of Government India, therefore earlier five different portals and two apps were there for the allotment & booking of these venues and this made the allotment/booking process complicated and time-consuming for the applicants. To make the allotment process hassle-free, simplified, transparent, uniform, time-saving, and effective at the same time, the e-Sampada portal and mobile application were launched by the concerned Ministry.
As per the Secretary of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MOHUA), earlier, applicants have to fill out lengthy online application forms from various portals for any booking. He stated that this process was time-consuming and confusing as well. With the launch of a new portal and app, all these services can now be accessed on a single platform throughout the nation with more simplified processes and with enhanced transparency.
What is e-Sampada portal?
e-Sampada portal is a single online platform for booking and allotment of government residential accommodations and estate services to the eligible officials across the country. e-Sampada is an amalgamation of four different portals and two Apps used previously for this purpose.
As the portal is new, citizens must be looking for more information about it, and to help in this we have come up with this informative article. In this article, we have shared all sorts of information about the newly launched e-Sampada portal in an easy-to-understand language. Therefore, readers can go through the article to collect important information about the portal and mobile app.
An Overview of the e-Sampada Portal
|Name of the portal||e-Sampada|
|Article Category||Sarkari Yojana|
|Concerned Ministry||Directorate of Estates, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MOHUA), Govt. of India|
|Date of Launch||25th December 2020|
|Launched by||Shri Hardeep S Puri, Minister of State(I/C) for Housing & Urban Affairs|
|Purpose||Management of all GoI Estate Services through a single platform|
|Users||The employee of Central/State Govt., PSUs, autonomous, statutory bodies, etc.|
|Mobile App Availability||Available (Both Android and iOS)|
e-Sampada Portal- Statistics of Available Estates and Locations
|Office Spaces||1.25 Cr. Sq. Ft.|
Salient Features of e-Sampada
Under its endeavour of providing a “One Nation One System”, the government has launched this portal so that all the estate services can be accessed through a single platform. This portal will help reduction of administrative costs and paperwork, save time, and resources, and encourage a cashless system for bookings and allotments.
Have a look at the important features of e-Sampada listed in this section below-
- Services under e-Sampada will be for allotment/ booking and management of the following estates and properties of GoI-
– 1,09,474 Government Residential Accommodation at 40 different locations
– Allotment of Office Space of 1.25 Crore Square Feet (Sq.ft.) in 45 Office Complexes – located at 28 different locations.
– 1,176 Holiday Home Rooms/suites located at 62 different locations in the country.
– Booking of Vigyan Bhawan and 5 Ashoka Road
– Booking of venues such as Kidwai Nagar (East) Lawns, New Delhi, Fagli Club, Shimla etc. – for social functions
- All four portals (gpra.nic.in, estates.gov.in, eawas.nic.in, holidayhomes.nic.in) and two mobile apps (m-Ashoka5 and m-Awas) of different departments and directorates have been consolidated into a single portal/app i.e. e-Sampada. This portal benefits all estate services.
- The Portal provides a personal dashboard to each user where they can access their application status, real-time status of license due fee, book venues, waiting lists etc.
- Users from throughout the country can file complaints, upload required documents and even appear for virtual hearing using this single platform.
- Along with the online portal, users can also avail of mobile Applications with the same features and services.
- The Portal facilitates increased transparency and accountability by providing activity logs for officials and also by setting service level benchmarks.
- The Portal provides OTP based registration and login facility.
- Portal facilities value time as it reduces the steps included in the application process. Now, users have to fill in only a few fields.
- Now, there will be only one Allotment Cycle for all the locations & types under the One Nation One System.
Who are the users of e-Sampada?
All the citizens of India who are eligible to avail of the services of GoI Estates are potential users of the e-Sampada portal. These users include employees in-
– Central Government
– State Government
– Autonomous Bodies
– Statutory Bodies,
– State PSUs and Central PSUs etc.
e-Sampada Portal- Services
Take a quick look at the services on the portal that can be availed by the users-
- Users can submit applications for allotment for any of the aforesaid estate’s facilities through this portal.
- After registration, each user is provided with a personalized dashboard.
- Users can check Retention Services, Regularization
- Can apply for No dues certificate
- Virtual Experience- Applicants can take a virtual tour of the allotment/ booking they wish to apply for.
- The Portal provides services to view the Service Usage Card and Real-Time License Fee dues of the users on their dashboard.
- Provides information and a list of all the markets, spaces and localities under the directorate.
- Provides details about the license fee of each space and location.
- Complaints and Feedback, Facilitation Centers etc.
How to register on e-Sampada Portal?
Government employees who wish to book accommodation or wish to avail of other services of the portal must register themselves on the portal first. Only after registration, they can avail of the services of the online portal.
They can register by following the simple steps given below-
- Visit the official e-Sampada portal.
- Click on the “Login” tab given on the top right of the homepage.
- Now, a pop-up box will open.
- Click on the “Register Here” link.
- A new box with registration details will open.
- Here, users have to fill in their full names, Date of birth, employee category, a city where the employee is posted or living, email and mobile number.
- E-mail and mobile numbers will be verified through the OTP.
- Now, a new page will open. Select the date of joining and the date of retirement.
- Finally, registration process will be completed.
How to log in and Update the profile?
After successful registration on the portal, users have to log in to the portal to avail the services. Registration and login process on the portal is quite easy as it can be done only with an OTP. They do not have to remember any particular login detail. Just by entering the OTP, they will be in the portal to avail the services. They must remember that they use the registered mobile number and email Id.
You can follow the simple steps shared below in order to log in and update your profile after successful registration-
- Visit the official portal and click on the login button. Login can also be done by scanning the QR Code.
- Those who have just registered into the portal, will be redirected to the portal automatically and a pop-up box will appear.
- After login, click on the “My Profile” link to complete the profile.
- Fill all the details as asked in the space provided. Upload scanned image of passport-sized photograph in the specified format.
- Click on the “Update Profile” tab and proceed further.
- After updating profile, they can access services available on the portal through their personal dashboard.
e-Sampada Mobile App
Ministry has also introduced a mobile application (App) for e-Sampada services. The launch of mobile applications makes the services of the e-Sampada online portal more accessible to the users. With the help of mobile applications, users can check the application booking status, real-time reports, and other services on their phones.
E-Sampada mobile application is available for both Android and iOS versions. However, the app is currently not available on Play store and App Store but will be made available soon on both platforms. Once the download link will be made available, it will be updated here.
NOTE: Users are advised not to get confused with Manav Sampada App. It is a different App for HRMS which users might find if they search for e-Sampada app on respective platforms.
e-Sampada Portal Languages
e-Sampada portal comes with a user-friendly interface that can be accessed with ease by everyone. To make it more user-friendly and accessible, govt. has provided multiple language options so that users can view this portal in the language they are comfortable with. e-Sampada portal can be viewed in 12 different languages which include- Hindi, English, Marathi, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Odia (Oriya), Punjabi, Sindhi, Tamil and Telugu.
English is the default language of the portal but if a user wants to change the language, he/she can change it by clicking on the language option. Check the process to change the portal language given as under-
- Open the portal.
- Click on any of the options available on the homepage.
- Now, click on the “Select Language” option given on the top right of the page.
- Select the language and view the information in the selected language.
Process of Governmental Residential Accommodation
It is clear now that applicants can now book or submit applications for allotment of any of the estates services under the Government of India through the e-Sampada portal. Check the process involved in the allotment of Government Residential Accommodation given as under-
- Application for Allotment of ‘Government Residential Accommodation
- Acceptance of Allotment
- Technical Occupation of Accommodation
- Physical Occupation of Accommodation
- Generation & Submission of Rent Bill
- Retention of Accommodation
- Regularization of Accommodation
- Vacation of Accommodation
- Application and Issuance of ‘No Demand Certificate
|e-Sampada Official portal||e-Sampada Portal Link|
|PIB official report on the launch of e-Sampada||PB Portal Link|
|Check FAQ Pdf||FAQ Pdf Link|
|Check Facilitation Centers||Facilitation Centres|
It is an online portal for managing all the Estate services of Govt. of India. It means through this single platform, eligible citizens can apply for booking/allotment of GoI Estates for social functions/events and avail of other related services.
No, e-Sampada portal services are extended to all the employees of the Central govt, state govt, Statutory Bodies, Central PSUs, State PSUs and Autonomous Bodies.
No, the locations of the allotments are spread across the country but we can say that most of the locations are located in the Delhi region only.
Logging into the portal is very easy. Users do not require any login credentials. They can log in just with an OTP or Scanning QR code.
You have to log in to the portal by entering the correct OTP first. After that, your dashboard will open and you can proceed further proceed to submit an application for booking a venue by clicking on the respective option.
For registration on the portal, the employee needs to have a valid mobile number and Email Id. Apart from this they also have to enter their work & service detail such as date of joining, retirement, location of posting etc. This mobile no & email Id should be valid and working as login into the portal is possible only when a user enters the correct OTP sent to the registered number and id.
Accommodation is allocated on the basis of the eligibility of the applicant and eligibility depends on the factors such as pay level, date of joining, promotion, the pool, the applicant is eligible for etc.
Yes, the services of the Directorate and the portal has a PAN India presence. If you are eligible, you can log in and submit an application from any part of India.
You can apply for retention and NDC through the e-sampada. You just have to log in to the portal. You will see all the options available on your dashboard such as NDC, applications status etc. You just have to click on the links as per your need.
You can check it by logging into the portal or mobile App. After login, you can find all these options shown on your dashboard. To begin you just have to click on the link you wish to check and have to enter the essential credentials as asked.
E-sampada allows users to make online payments. Using this portal, users can submit the application fees online. They no longer have to wait for cash payment or for payment through any other mode.
e-Sampada mobile application is currently not available for download on any of the platforms. As soon as it will be made available for download, direct links shall be updated in the article.
Yes, you do not have to worry as you can view e-sampada portal in languages other than Hindi and English. The languages in which you can view this portal include- Hindi, English, Marathi, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Odia (Oriya), Punjabi, Sindhi, Tamil and Telugu.
Earlier, allotment cycle criteria used to vary directorate/dept-wise but now it will be the same for all. From 2021 onwards, there will be one system of allotment for all. From this year onwards, the allotment cycle will take place from 1st to the 9th of every month for Delhi and all the regions outside the capital.