Speech on Mother: Mother happens to be one of the most complicated subjects. One does not know what one should say about the topic and often tends to get confused. The topic is extensive, and it might be dubious how to go about it. But it is not that difficult. In the subsequent article, we have provided an extensive guide on how to write the speech, quotes and saying you can add to the speech and a sample speech to refer to. Read thoroughly in order to prepare a “Speech on Mother” in English.
Speech on Mother in English
The theme “Mother” is very expandable. You can go about it to an extent and speak whatever you want. However, maintaining a format can be very helpful as you will be managed and be assured of what you are speaking. Your thoughts will be better aligned. Thus, preparing a systematic draft will help you to deliver a better speech. You must explain what Mothers are and what importance they hold in a child’s life. Further, you must also provide an insight into the sacrifices that a mother does in order to become one and to make their child happy.
You can also add quotes and sayings to beautify the speech further. It is important to make the speech engaging and keep the audience intact with the content you are aiming to deliver.
Quotes about Mothers
In order to make your speech more assuring or concrete in sound, you can add quotes or sayings by famous personalities. It will provide a literary flair to the speech. You can choose to browse some quotes or poetic lines on your own or add any of these famous quotes and proverbs about Mothers to the speech.
- I believe the choice to become a mother is the choice to become one of the greatest spiritual teachers there is. ~ Oprah
- For a mother is the only person on earth who can divide her love among 10 children and each child still have all her love
- A mother’s love endures through all. ~Washington Irving
- “A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take. ~ Cardinal Mermillod
- “Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn’t know you had. ~ Linda Wooten
- Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~ Erich Fromm
- Giving birth and being born brings us into the essence of creation, where the human spirit is courageous and bold and the body, a miracle of wisdom. ~ Harriette Hartigan
- Grown don’t mean nothing to a mother. A child is a child. They get bigger, older, but grown. In my heart it don’t mean a thing. ~ Toni Morrison
- Motherhood: All love begins and ends there. ~ Robert Browning
- Moms are the people who know us the best and love us the most.
- “A mother is your first friend, your best friend, your forever friend.
- Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.
- A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s. ~ Princess Diana
- All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother. ~ Abraham Lincoln
- There is such a special sweetness in being able to participate in creation. ~ Pamela S. Nadav
Sample Speech on Mother
Extremely warm greetings to each and everyone present here on this occasion. To stop speaking about Mothers is difficult. It surely is. This one relationship holds the most important place in everyone’s life. There is no child who doesn’t log in for his mother or can stop wanting her around. Such is her strength that she is the absolute divinity that exists in our lives. Just as Maya Angelou once said, “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colours of a rainbow”, Mothers are truly magical. They are beyond words and speeches. Today, we look profoundly into motherhood and the emotions that are associated. They are unmentionable and unmatchable.
It is said that every woman has a motherly instinct and feeling that she might not recognise, but it always exists. Once she becomes a mother, she naturally grows into a protective and loving entity. She possesses powers that one normally cannot. Having a child is one of the best and unmatchable feelings for both, Mother and Father. But, in the case of Mothers, the feeling is more adorned by sacrifices, prioritising, unconditional love, and ultimate security. A woman is a lot before she becomes a mother, but when she is one, she is only a mother. For her, her earth doesn’t revolve around the sun, it revolves around her child.
The day a woman decides to become a mother she chooses pain and sacrifices. She goes through incomparable pain during the process of pregnancy. Once she gives birth, she sacrifices her nights and days to take care of the little life that once existed inside her. She always keeps working for the child. Be it washing the clothes, feeding the child, or taking tough decisions in life, she does it all for her child. A woman chooses to live that life. She can also be a little carefree and chill out a bit. However, she chooses to not do that. Mothers are like a gift from God.
There are mothers who choose to not be the exemplary mothers that exist. However, they are not any less. There is a lot to a woman and a mother that the bare eyes can notice. A child must always be grateful for the love and shadow that they can receive from their mothers. Things might be tough sometimes but a mother always stands behind to support her child. Mothers are surely worthy of appreciation for whatever they do. Hoping that every child gets to be under the shade of the breezy leaves of the love of their mother!