In this article, we discussed the details of the West Bengal Pre Matric Scholarship. Meanwhile, the government of many states has initiated various schemes in the field of education. CM of West Bengal has also taken a step for the betterment of people living in the state. With the help of this step, citizens of WB will be encouraged towards their studies.
Due to a shortage of money, many interested students don’t get the opportunity to go to school. So, the rate of illiteracy in the state increases. The government analyzed all the problems of WB, both small and big, and then concluded that they would have to initiate a scheme for students. West Bengal Government has launched a “West Bengal Pre-Matric Scholarship” plan.
Under this plan, scholarships will be provided by the government to SC / ST and minority students residing in the state. To know more info about West Bengal pre-matric Scholarship, eligibility criteria, a method to apply for this scheme, etc. continue reading this article till the end.
West Bengal Pre Matric Scholarship
There is great news for the people of West Bengal: the government has started a WB pre-matric scholarship for them. All impoverished people of the state can apply for this scheme in West Bengal and take advantage of it. This scheme provides financial help to needy students.
Despite having potential, students do not get a chance to prove themselves. Only those applicants who are deserving can apply for this plan. With this scheme, they will pay the educational expenses of all students in 1st to 10th classes.
Objectives of WB Pre Matric Scholarship
The main purpose of this scheme is to induce the destitute people of West Bengal. To send their children to classes so that the illiteracy rate of the state and the number of drop-out students will decrease. This scheme will also strengthen the financially weaker people of the state.
Advantages of WB PMS Scholarship
- By this scheme, poor children of the state who did not get a chance to study will also acquire an opportunity to go to school.
- With the help of this yojana, children can fulfil their dreams.
- The literacy rate will increase in West Bengal.
- If minor category students study, they will get good job, and children will not have to work as labourers.
- The government will provide financial help between 300 and 1000 rupees per month.
- WB govt will also provide additional allowance to disabled candidates of the state.
Overview of WB Pre Matric Scholarship
|Initiated by||West Bengal Government|
|Name of the Scheme||West Bengal Pre Matric Scholarship|
|Official Website||www.anagrasarkalyan.gov.in and oasis.gov.in|
|Application Form Status||Active|
|Deadline For the Application Form Submission||31 October 2023|
|Recipients||Minor Children of West Bengal|
|Benefits||To provide financial help|
|Category||West Bengal Scheme|
Eligibility Conditions for West Bengal Pre Matric Scholarship
Before applying for the pre-matric scheme at WB, we advised all the candidates to review the eligibility criteria once. Only eligible candidates can submit the application form.
- The applicant applying for this plan must belong to a scheduled caste.
- The candidate’s family income should be less than 2 lakh per annum.
- The Aspirant is not availing of any other scholarship from govt.
- Interested candidates must be full-time or regular students of any recognized government school/ State Board of Secondary Education/ CBSE.
- A scholarship is valid for only one year. If the applicant repeats the class, then no scholarship will be provided from the side of govt.
How to Apply for West Bengal Pre Matric Scholarship?
Those scholars who don’t know the procedure of filling and submitting the application form can check some easy steps given below in this section.
- Step I- First, applicants have to browse the official portal, or you can also check the official link below.
- Step II- Now, go to “Students Corner” from the homepage.
- Step III- Initially, applicants have to register themselves by choosing
The “Students Registration” option is present at top of the homepage.
- Step IV- The registration form will open on your screen shortly.
- Step V- Enter all your info, such as the student’s name, father’s name, gender, etc and submit the registration form.
- Step VI- Now go back to “Student Portal” and select the “Registered Student Login” choice.
- Step VII- The login form will appear on the new tab; fill in your basic info on it and hit the “Login” button.
- Step VIII- On the new page, you have to click on the “Apply” button.
- Step IX- The application form will resemble your display.
- Step X- Enter all your data on the application form and upload all the necessary documents.
- Step XI- Submit the application form and download it for future purposes.
WB Pre Matric Scholarship Documents Required
Candidates require some important certificates at the time of application form filling. If applicants submit an online application form, they need to upload a scanned copy of all these certificates.
|Caste Certificate||Passport size photo of Applicant||Sign of Aspirant|
|Income Certificate||Bank Complete Details||Birth Certificate of Candidate|
|Font Page Copy of Bank Passbook||Domicile of WB||Aadhaar Card|
|Marksheet of previous class (8th Class)||PAN Card||Other Identity Proof approved by Gazette Officer|
Steps to Renew WB Pre Matric Scholarship
After your scholarship expires, you can also renew the scholarship by performing the following steps online.
- Open the official link, i.e. wbmdfcscholarship.gov.in, on any suitable web browser.
- The homepage of the website will open on your screen.
- From the top of the homepage, you have to select “Renew Scholarship”
- Wait a few seconds, and the login form will open on a new page.
- Fill in your details such as user id, password, district, and the captcha given on the screen.
- Hit the “Login” tab.
- The application form for renewal will get visible on your system.
- Fill in all the data correctly on the application form and submit it.
- Applicants who want to download the application form can do so for future usage.
Procedure to View Pre Matric Scholarship Application Status
After submitting the application form, applicants can also check the status of their application from time to time.
- Candidates have to go to the official portal @oasis.gov.in.
- Reaching the homepage, applicants will see the “Track Application” option given at the top of the page.
- Click on that option.
- The district-wise list will open on a new page, and applicants must choose their district from the given list.
- Login form for “Track Application Status” will open, and enter all your info like user id, session, applied district, etc.
- Click on “Check Status”
- The status of your application form for the concerned scholarship will be displayed on the next page.
Pre Matric Scholarship Details
For SC Applicants with Disability (Additional Allowances):-
|Allowance Description||Amount Given|
|Coaching Allowances for Mentally ill Applicants||240 Rupees|
|Reader Allowance for Disabled Candidates||160 Rupees|
|Helper Allowance for Aspirants with Disability||160 Rupees|
|Transport Allowance for PWD||160 Rupees|
|Escort Allowance for Disabled Applicants||160 Rupees|
Recruitment of Applicants for the Scheme:-
- All applicants in the SC category will be provided with the scholarship.
- Applicants who belong to West Bengal and are studying in other states will be given a scholarship by the state, and they have to submit the application form to competent officials of the state.
Renewal and Time Duration of Scholarship:-
- In an academic year, a scholarship will be owed for 10 months only.
- The scholarship will be renewed in class in the next class after applicants will complete the previous standard with 50%. In case a student fails any class, then govt will not provide a scholarship again.
Scholarship Payment Procedure
The reward will be given in the beginning of 9th standard to completion of the exam. If applicants are admission to the next class then from the admission month, the scholarship will be again payable. In case of renewal, it will be paid from the month in which the scholarship was compensated in the previous year.
Scholarship Continuation Circumstances
- If officials find that the student is availing of the scholarship based on a false record, then they will cancel his/her scholarship. Or the government will exclude that applicant from the scholarship permanently.
- If students discontinue their education, then he/she has to pay the scholarship money to the state government or UT administration.
Non-resident of WB can avail the benefit of this scheme?
No, this scheme if only for the WB residents. People outside the state are not eligible for it.
What is the main objective of this WB Pre Matric Scholarship?
Through this scheme, the government will allow needy children to study so that no poor child in the state will remain illiterate due to lack of money.