West Bengal pre-matric scholarship 2020- In this article, we have discussed West Bengal pre-matric scholarship details. Meanwhile, government of many states has been initiated various schemes regarding the field of education. CM of West Bengal has also taken a step for the betterment of people living in the state. With the help of this step, citizens of WB will be encouraged towards studies.
Due to a shortage of money, many interested students don’t get the opportunity to go to school. So, the rate of illiteracy in state increases. The government analyzed all the problems of WB, both small and big, and then concluded that they would have to initiate a scheme for students. West Bengal Government has launched a plan called “West Bengal Pre-Matric Scholarship”.
Under this plan, scholarship will be provided by the government to SC / ST and minority students residing in state. To know more info about West Bengal pre-matric S-scholarship 2020, eligibility criteria, a method to apply for this scheme, etc continue reading this article till the end.
- 1 West Bengal Pre Matric Scholarship 2020
- 2 How to Apply for West Bengal Pre Matric Scholarship 2020?
- 3 Steps to Renew WB Pre Matric Scholarship 2020
- 4 Pre Matric Scholarship Details
West Bengal Pre Matric Scholarship 2020
There is great news for the people of West Bengal that government has started WB pre-matric scholarship 2020 for them. All impoverished people of the state can apply for this scheme and take advantage of this scheme. This scheme provides financial help to needy students.
Despite having potential, students do not get a chance to prove themselves. Only those applicants who are deserving can apply for this plan. By this scheme, govt will pay educational expenses of all those students who are studying in 1st to 10th classes.
Objective of WB Pre Matric Scholarship 2020
The main purpose of this scheme is to induce the destitute people of West Bengal. To send their children to classes so that the illiteracy rate of state and number of drop-outs students will decrease. This scheme will also strengthen financially weaker peoples of state.
Advantages of WB Pre Matric 2020 Scholarship
- By this scheme, poor children of the state who did not get a chance to study will also acquire an opportunity to go to the schools.
- With the help of this yojana, children can fulfill their dreams.
- Literacy rate will increase in West Bengal.
- If minor category students study, then they will get a good job and children will not have to work as laborers.
- Government will provide financial help between 300 rupees to 1000 rupees per month.
- WB govt will also provide additional allowance to disabled candidates of the state.
Overview of WB Pre Matric Scholarship 2020
|Initiated by||West Bengal Government|
|Name of the Scheme||West Bengal Pre Matric Scholarship|
|Official Website||www.anagrasarkalyan.gov.in and oasis.gov.in|
|Start Date of Submitting Application Form||1st Aug 2020|
|Application Form Status||Available Now|
|Recipients||Minor Children of West Bengal|
|Benefits||To provide financial help|
|Last Date to Submit Application||15th Nov 2020|
|Category||West Bengal Scheme|
Eligibility Condition for West Bengal Pre-Matric Scholarship
Before applying for pre matric scheme, we advised all the candidates to review eligibility criteria once. Only eligible candidates can submit the application form.
- Applicant who is applying for this plan must belong to schedules caste.
- The family income of candidate should be less than 2 lakh per annum.
- Aspirant is not availing any other scholarship from govt.
- Interested candidates must be full time or regular students of any recognized government school/ State Board of Secondary Education/ CBSE.
- Scholarship is valid for only 1 year. In case applicant repeats its class, then no scholarship will be provided from the side of govt.
Must Read —— Oasis Scholarship 2020
How to Apply for West Bengal Pre Matric Scholarship 2020?
Those scholars who don’t know the procedure of filling and submitting the application form can check some easy steps given below in this section.
- Step I- First of all, applicants have to browse the official portal, or you can also check the official link given below.
- Step II- Now, go to “Students Corner” from the homepage.
- Step III- Initially, applicants have to register themselves by choosing
“Students Registration” option present at top of the homepage.
- Step IV- In a few seconds, the registration form will open on your screen.
- Step V- Enter all your info such as student’s name, father’s name, gender, etc and submit registration form.
- Step VI- Now go back to “Student Portal” and select “Registered Student Login” choice.
- Step VII- Login form will appear on the new tab, fill your basic info on it and hit the “Login” button.
- Step VIII- On the new page, you have to click on the “Apply” button.
- Step IX- Application form will resemble on your display.
- Step X- Enter all your data on application form and upload all the necessary documents.
- Step XI- Submit the application form and download it for future purposes.
WB Scholarship Documents to Upload During Form Filling
Candidates require some important certificates at the time of application form filling. If applicants are submitting online application form then they need to upload a scanned copy of all these certificates.
|Caste Certificate||Passport size photo of Applicant||Sign of Aspirant|
|Income Certificate||Bank Complete Details||Birth Certificate of Candidate|
|Font Page Copy of Bank Passbook||Domicile of WB||Aadhaar Card|
|Marksheet of previous class (8th Class)||PAN Card||Other Identity Proof approved by Gazette Officer|
Steps to Renew WB Pre Matric Scholarship 2020
After your scholarship will expire, you can also renew the scholarship by accompanying these steps.
- Open the official link i.e. wbmdfcscholarship.gov.in, on any suitable web browser.
- Homepage of website will open on your screen.
- From the top of the homepage, you have to select “Renew Scholarship”
- Wait for a few seconds and login form will open on a new page.
- Fill your details such as user id, password, district, and the captcha given on the screen.
- Hit the “Login” tab.
- Application form for renewal will get visible on your system.
- Fill all the data correctly on the application form and submit it.
- Applicants who want to download application form can do so for future usage.
Procedure to View Pre Matric Scholarship Application Status
After submitting the application form, applicants can also check the status of their application from time to time.
- Candidates have to go to the official portal @oasis.gov.in.
- Reaching to the homepage, applicants will see “Track Application” option given on the top of the page.
- Click on that option.
- District-wise list will open on a new page then applicants have to choose their district from the given list.
- Login form for “Track Application Status” will open, enter all your info like user id, session, applied district, etc.
- Click on “Check Status”
- On the next page, status of your application form will be displayed.
Also check: WB ration card list
Pre Matric Scholarship Details
For SC Applicants with Disability (Additional Allowances)
|Allowance Description||Amount Given|
|Coaching Allowances for Mentally ill Applicants||240 Rupees|
|Reader Allowance for Disabled Candidates||160 Rupees|
|Helper Allowance for Aspirants with Disability||160 Rupees|
|Transport Allowance for PWD||160 Rupees|
|Escort Allowance for Disabled Applicants||160 Rupees|
Recruitment of Applicants for Scheme
- All the applicants who belong to SC category will be provided the scholarship.
- Applicants who belong to West Bengal and studying in other states will be given a scholarship by state and they have to submit the application form to competent officials of state.
Renewal and Time Duration of Scholarship
- In an academic year, scholarship will be owed for 10 months only.
- Scholarship will be renewed in class in next class after applicants will complete the previous standard with 50%. In case student fails any class, then govt will not provide scholarship again.
Scholarship Payment Procedure
Reward will be given from 1st April or the beginning of 9th standard to completion of exam. If applicants take admission to next class then from the admission month, the scholarship will be again payable. In case of renewal, it will be paid from that month in which the scholarship was compensated in the previous year.
Scholarship Continuation Circumstances
- If officials found that student is availing the scholarship on the basis of a false record then, they will cancel his/her scholarship. Or government will exclude that applicant for scholarship permanently.
- If students discontinue their education, then he/she have to pay the scholarship money to the state government or UT administration.
Other West Bengal Scholarship
|Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship – This plan will provide economic help to girls of West Bengal. Through this scheme, govt wants to raise women empowerment and girl child education|
|WB Post Matric Scholarship SC/ST/OBC – This scheme is for those students who are pursuing 11th class/ 12th class/ post-graduation/ graduation courses. Only students of WB can apply for this plan.|
|West Bengal, Hindi Scholarship Scheme – In this scheme, govt wants to promote Hindi language among the youth of the state. It awards scholarships to scholars studying in higher secondary/ graduation/ post-graduation programs.|
|Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Scholarship – Through this scheme, government will provide financial assistance to those students who are pursuing higher level education or diploma.|
WB Pre Matric Scholarship Related FAQ’s
Ques. Can I take benefits of this scheme, if I am not from West Bengal?
Ans. This scheme is only for the children of WB, who are going to take admission in 1st to 10th classes. So, if you are not from West Bengal then you are not eligible for this scheme.
Ques. What is the main objective of this WB Pre Matric Scholarship?
Ans. Through this scheme, the government will give the opportunity to the needy children to study so that, no poor child in the state will remain illiterate due to lack of money.