Karnataka pre-matric scholarship 2022 latest news is provided below. The government of India, the Ministry of Minority Affairs has initiated a step in which they are providing scholarships to students. The government of Karnataka also has implemented a pre-matric scheme for the good of ST students residing in the state.
All of these four essential departments i.e. Scheduled Welfare Department, Minorities Welfare Department, Social Welfare Department & Backward Classes Welfare Department gives different scholarship to needy children. Karnataka government has introduced a separate portal for sanctioning all studentship.
To gather more information about Karnataka pre-matric scholarship 2022, eligibility criteria, a process to apply, etc check out the complete article.
Karnataka Pre Matric Scholarship 2022
By introducing a pre-matric scholarship scheme for the welfare of ST category applicants Karnataka govt has taken a big step. Under this scheme, the government will provide financial support to all eligible candidates studying from the 1st to the 10th class. Due to a lack of money, many students don’t get the opportunity to study and build their careers. This scheme will help scheduled caste scholars to go to school and fulfill their dreams. With the help of a pre-matric scholarship, parents will be encouraged to send their children to school. The amount of scholarship money will be directly transferred to the bank account of the aspirants.
The motive for KAR Pre Matric Scholarship 2022
Pre-matric scholarship in Karnataka targets ST category children, who are willing to study. The government of Karnataka will provide economic assistance to all the children of the state. School expenses of children studying from 1st to 10th standard will be borne by the government.
ssp.karnataka.gov.in Eligibility Criteria for Pre Matric Scholarship 2022
We advised all applicants to check the eligibility criteria before applying for this scheme. Govt has created some eligibility standards to ensure that only needy students will get this scholarship. Only those scholars who will satisfy all these rules can apply for the studentship.
- An applicant who wants to avail of the ssp.karnataka.gov.in scholarship must belong to the ST class.
- The annual income of the candidate’s parents/ guardians must not exceed 1 lakh.
- Aspirants must not be taking advantage of any other schemes offered by the government.
- Candidates must be regular or full-time students of any government or private school which is affiliated with the CBSE board or State Board of Secondary Education.
- ssp.karnataka.gov.in scholarship will be available for only one year if any student repeats his/ her class then govt will cancel their scholarship.
Brief of Pre Matric 2022 Scholarship Karnataka
|Name of Scholarship||Karnataka Pre Matric Scholarship 2022|
|Initiated by||Government of Karnataka|
|Official Portal||ssp.karnataka.gov.in or scholarships.gov.in|
|Recipients||Scheduled Tribe students studying in 1st to 10th standard|
|pre matric scholarship Scheme||To provide financial aid to all needy student of Karnataka|
|Application Form Submission Mode||Online|
Advantages of KAR Pre Matric 2022 Scholarship
- With the help of pre-matric scheme, more and more students will get an education, and this will improve the literacy rate of Karnataka.
- Other people will understand that Scheduled Tribe students are also a part of this society.
- Government will pay the student’s class fee (From I to X Class) and other expenses.
- From now onwards, children don’t have to give up on their dreams by lack of money.
- Rate of dropout students will decrease in Karnataka.
Amount of Karnataka Pre Matric Scholarship
|Item Description||For Day Scholar Students||For Hostelers|
|Amount of Scholarship Admission||Admission Fee: 500 Rupees per year (For Class 6th to 10th)||Admission Fee: 500 Rupees per year (For Class 6th to 10th)|
|Tuition Fee||Tuition Fee250 Rupees per month (For Class 6th to 10th)||Tuition Fee250 Rupees per month (For Class 6th to 10th)|
|Amount for Maintenance Allowance||100 Rupees per month for class 1st to 10th||600 Rupees for 6th to 10th Standard|
Additional Allowances for ST Category Disabled Students
|Description of Allowances||Amount|
|Monthly Reader Allowance for Blind Students||160 Rupees|
|Monthly Transport Allowance for Students||160 Rupees|
|Monthly Escort Allowance for Severely Disabled (with 80% or higher disability) Day Scholars with low extremity disability||160 Rupees|
|Monthly Helper Allowance for Scholars||160 Rupees|
|Mentally Retarded and Ill Students Monthly Coaching Allowance||240 Rupees|
Documents Needed While Applying for Kar Pre Matric Scholarship
Candidates have to upload a scanned copy of all the documents listed below.
- Students’ SATS ID / College Registration Number.
- Contact Number
- Income Certificate
- e-Attestation Number
- Caste Certificate
- In case of Physically Challenged then present Disability Card Number assigned by GOI
- Aadhaar Card Number of Student as well as Parents
How to Apply for Karnataka Pre Matric Scholarship
To apply for pre-matric scheme, applicants are searching for the procedure on various websites. We will provide some simple steps through which you can easily apply for this studentship. Check the points given below in this section.
- How to Create an Account?
- Candidates have to visit the official portal SSP i.e. Student Scholarship Portal of Karnataka.
- Click on “Create Account” option given on top of the homepage.
- On the next page, select “Pre matric” tab.
- Then applicants have to enter his/ her SATS ID and then click on “Get Data” button.
- After clicking on “Get Data” button, student’s full data i.e. name, father’s name, date of birth, current school name, etc data will be retrieved from SATS.
- Cross-check your info, if SATS info is right, then tap on “Yes” if not then click “No” option.
- If students chooses “Yes” tab, then he/she need to enter their contact number on the new page.
- After that you will get OTP on your given mobile number, enter that OTP in input field, and submit it.
- If any applicant didn’t get OTP, then he/she has to tap on “Resend OTP” button.
- Click on submit option and candidates have to create their password.
- Create Password
- While creating password applicants have to take care of some rules that are as follows – password must have atleast 8 characters, password must contain atleast one number, there should be no blank spaces in between.
- Now enter your password and then re-enter for the confirmation of it.
- Click on “Submit” tab and your login id will be created.
- Applicant’s Login
- Now candidates have to go back to the homepage and click on “Student Login”.
- Login form will be open on your screen.
- Applicants have to enter their login id and password.
- Tap on “Login”.
- Now student’s homepage will appear on the screen, which has four options such as Home, Edit, Scholarship, Profile.
- On the screen, you will see two options that are “Does Student/ Parent have Aadhaar or not”.
- Click on “Yes” and then you have to fill your certificates info.
- Enter your Documents Information
- After the authentication of Aadhaar, “Enter your Documents info” page will be displayed on your screen.
- On that page, candidates have to enter their Caste Certificate Number, Religion, NAP Registration ID.
- Hit the “Check” button
- Then click on “Save and Proceed”
- A new page will open in which candidate have to choose whether he/she is day scholar or hosteller.
- According to it, enter their complete data on the form.
- Finally submit the application form.
Process to Track Karnataka Scholarship Status
Step I- Go to the official website @ssp.karnataka.gov.in or you can also visit the official link given at the end of this article.
Step II- On reaching the homepage of the portal, you will see “Track Student Scholarship Status” link.
Step III- Hit that link.
Step IV- “Student Status Report” page will be shown on your screen.
Step V- Fill info like “Student’s SATS Identification Number” and “Financial year” on the form.
Step VI- Click on “Search” option and your scholarship status will be displayed on the new page.
Method to Renew KAR Pre Matric Scholarship
- Open the link of an official website of SSP.
- Click on “Student Login” option present at the top of homepage.
- Enter your id and password on the login form.
- Search for link of “Renewal Application Form” and hit the link.
- Fill all the information asked on the application form.
- Click on “Submit” tab and complete the procedure.
How to Search for College/ Institue/ ITI?
- Go to the official page of SSP.
- Homepage of the page will be open your screen, then click on “Search College/ ITI/ Insitute” option given on the top of homepage.
- On the next page, aspirants need to enter the info of institutions and other details.
- Finally hit “Get College List” tab and info will flash on your screen.
ssp.karnataka.gov.in Terms and Condition for Pre Matric Scholarship
- During an academic session, if student discontinued his/ her education for which the ssp.karnataka.gov.in scholarship has been conferred, then that student is likely to return the amount of studentship to concern of State Government.
- If a student receives the scholarship by presenting his/ her false statement or document, then govt will cancel his/ her scholarship. Paid amount will be recovered by state govt from that student.
- Pre matric scholarship depends on the progress of students. If the head of school report that the applicant is not performing good/ the progress rate is low/ short attendance, then govt will cancel his/ her scholarship.
You can check Karnataka Ration Card [Status] here.
Some Other Scholarship of Karnataka
|Name of Provider||Name of Scholarships Scheme|
|Directorate of Minorities, Karnataka Government||National Overseas
Scholarship for Minority Class
|Department of backward Classed Welfare, Karnataka Government||Research Guidance Ph.D. Fellowship for BC|
|Department of Education||Samagra Shikshana Fellowship Karnataka|
|Directorate of Minorities, Karnataka Government||Post matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities|
|Directorate of Minorities, Karnataka Government||Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities|
|Directorate of Minorities, Karnataka Government||Merit-Cum Means Scholarship for Minorites|
|Social Welfare Department, Karnataka||Scheme of Overseas Scholarship for SC/ ST Category|
|Directorate of Minorities, Karnataka Government||Incentive for SSLC and 2nd PUC Scholars|
We thank everyone for reading this article, if anyone has questions or problems related to this topic then you can ask in the comment section.
Yes, there is a post-matric plan for ST student. Details of that scheme are discussed on the official portal that is https://ssp.postmatric.karnataka.gov.in/
In assistance of this scholarship, needy applicants will get financial help for their education.
Yes, on the official portal you will get a option of “Track Student Application Status” from which you can easily get the details.