SERB IMPRINT 2023: The Science and Engineering Research Board also known as the SERB is a statutory organization established under the Act of Parliament. The main objective of the SERB Board is to encourage research and development in science and engineering. In addition to this, the SERB organization also assists with finance. Here, the SERB will be the sole authority to implement the IMPRINT 2 initiative launched by the Government of India.
In this article, we will encapsulate all the information regarding the SERB IMPRINT 2023. This will include the origin of this scheme, ongoing version of the scheme, application procedure, features, rewards to be received by the winner and the last date to apply.
What Is SERB IMPRINT 2023?
We all know that being a global economy and due to its population, India is facing many challenges in cyber security, shortage of potable water, poverty, health care climate change and many more problems. Furthermore, most of the issues mentioned here are linked to technology only and therefore the interference of engineering and technology is required very much. Thus, the President and the PM of India brought out an initiative known as the IMPRINT. IMPRINT stands for ‘Impacting Research Innovation and Technology’ and it was put in place on the 5th of November, 2015.
Overall, the main objective of the IMPRINT scheme was to bridge the gap between scientific knowledge and its implementation for the degradation of society. In other words, the programme’s mission is to translate the theoretical knowledge of science and technology into the products and machines that will assist the nation in tackling serious challenges.
Key Highlights of SERB IMPRINT
The summary of the SERB IMPRINT programme has been exhibited in the table below. The candidates can have a quick glance at the table and can get a fair idea regarding the programme.
|Programme Name||Impacting Research Innovation and Technology (IMPRINT)|
|Programme Implemented By||Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)|
|The objective of the Programme||Fill the gap between Scientific Knowledge and Invention|
|Programme Launched on||5th of November, 2015|
|Initiative By||MHRD and the Department of Science and Technology( DST)|
|Last Date of Application||To Be Announced|
SERB IMPRINT 2: 2023
The initiative of IMPRINT-India was unique in its way and was also a novel idea. After the success of the first edition, the authorities launched the upgraded version of the IMPRINT i.e. IMPRINT 2. Furthermore, the authorities kept in mind that the cons of the last edition should be made pros in this edition for its success.
As a result, the authorities made participation easier than in the last edition. The forthcoming paragraphs will describe the objectives, benefits, eligibility criteria, etc.
Eligibility Criteria for SERB IMPRINT
- The applicant should be a citizen of India.
- The candidate should be a Scientist, faculty member or scientific officer. It should be a regular research or academic position in a Higher Education Institution or in a Centrally Funded Technical Institution or Central university offering Engineering and Technology. They should have served a minimum of 4 years.
Application Procedure for SERB IMPRINT Scheme
- To fill out the application form, the applicants first have to open the official website, i.e.https://serbonline.in/
- The homepage will have a ‘Schemes and Programmes’ section.
- Under that section, there will be an ‘IMPRINT 2’ link. Click on that link.
- The new page will have a section on ‘How to Apply Online’.
- Under that heading, there will be a link of ‘Click here to register’.Click on that link.
- Now fill in the application form. Fill up a valid email ID, password and other important details, then submit it.
- After registering successfully, authorities will send a confirmation mail.
- Now login with the credentials. Then click on the ‘Menu’ icon and then on ‘Proposal submission’ and then click on Form Submission’.
- Afterwards, select the ‘IMPRINT 2″ scheme and click ‘start submission’.
- Now, the candidates have to upload the documents required by the authorities. The list of documents has been mentioned in the section below.
- Upload the Biodata and other documents, and then finally submit the form.
Documents to be Uploaded (in PDF only)
- Investigator Issued Certificate
- Letter of Endorsement from Institution Head
- Undertaking regarding plagiarism
- Other Technical Document
- Biodata of the candidate
These documents should not be more than 10 MB and should be in accordance with the template provided.
Features of SERB IMPRINT II C
- It will assist in translating theoretical knowledge into practical technology.
- Both DST and MHRD will do the navigation of this scheme.
- Support of Industry.
- The approved project’s cost will be approximately Rs 2 Crores.
- It is open to all HEI or CFTI funded by the MHRD.
Rewards of SERB IMPRINT
One of the major rewards of this programme is that the approved projects will be funded by the Ministry of Human Resource and Development and the Department of Science and Technology. In addition to this, the approved project will receive funding of around Rs 2 Crores. All the funding provided will be used to finance the staff’s salary indulged in that project.
It will also include the acquiring of small instruments, devices and other components. Moreover, the travelling cost and the contingency expenditure will be included under the received funds by the authorities.