Gauhati University Results 2019: Gauhati University (GU) is one of the largest and oldest university of North East India. GU is a teaching-cum-affiliating university situated in Guwahati, Assam. It was established in 1948 by the Gauhati University Act 1947 (Assam Act, XVI of 1947) of Assam Government. It is funded by the State Government of Assam and University Grant Commission (UGC).
GU has 7 faculties and around 56 departments through which it offers around 145 UG, Postgraduate and distance education programs. University has 259 affiliated colleges/institutes and a constituent college. It has more than 5000 UG and PG students and around 340 permanent teachers serving. Along with academic programs university also offers 45 value-added programs for the all over development of the enrolled students.
Table of Contents
- 1 Gauhati University Results 2018-19
- 1.1 Gauhati University at a glance
- 1.2 Gauhati University Faculty and Departments-
- 1.3 Gauhati University Admission Procedure
- 1.4 Gauhati University Exams and Results
- 1.5 Gauhati University Results
- 1.6 Contact Details
The university campus is spread in an area of 650 acres situated in Jalukbari, Guwahati. The campus has academic buildings, hostels, library along with other facilities like playground, auditorium, Indoor hall, gymnasium, Hospital etc. University campus is well connected to the internet facility.
GU is a renowned university in the North Eastern part of India. It has been ranked 39 overall and 61 overall by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in the year 2018.
For information related to Gauhati University results, you are required to go through the complete article-
Gauhati University at a glance
|Article category||Gauhati University Results|
|Chancellor||Governor of Assam|
|Courses offered||UG, PG|
|University type||Public University|
|Campus Area||650 acres|
|Academic system||Semester system|
|Mode of registration for admission||Online|
|Result Declaration Mode||Online|
|Official University Website||www.gauhati.ac.in|
Gauhati University Faculty and Departments-
Following are the university faculties and departments under them-
Faculty of Arts
- Department of Arabic
- Department of Assamese
- Department of Disabilities Studies
- Department of Economics
- Department of English Language Teaching
- Department of Foreign Languages
- Department of Library and Information Science
- Department of MIL and Literary Studies
- Political Sciences
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Sanskrit
- Department of Women’s Studies
Faculty of Science
- Department of Anthropology
- Department of Botany
- Environmental Science
- Department of Geography
- Department of Geological Science
- Department of Physics
Faculty of Commerce
- Department of Commerce
Faculty of Management
- Department of Business Administration
Faculty of Technology
- Department of Applied Sciences
- Department of Bioengineering & Technology
- Computer Science
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Information Technology
- Department of Electronics & Communication Technology
- Instrumentation & USIC
Faculty of Law
- Department of Law
Faculty of Fine Arts
- Department of Communication & Journalism
- Department of Folklore Research
Gauhati University Admission Procedure
- Admission is done on the basis of the entrance exams and open to all national and international students.
- The admission guidelines are different for international students.
- Students have to appear in various entrance conducted by the university for admissions. Separate entrance tests are conducted for admission into undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
- In order to get admission into the university, interested candidates have to fill an online application form first.
- The application can be filled through the admission portal of the university.
- The entrance exams for all the programs are generally conducted in the month of June/July every year.
- After the successful application process, admit cards are issued to the registered candidates. All the applicants are advised to download and print the hall ticket and must carry it to the examination hall on the day of the test.
Gauhati University Exams and Results
- All the programs in the university are run under a semester system (Odd and Even semester). All the PG program are carried out under the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS).
- The office of Controller of Examination (COE) of the university has the responsibility to release the exam notification, application form, conducts semester examinations and issue results.
Below we have shared the detailed information about GU exams and results-
Gauhati University Exams
- GU examinations are conducted on a semester basis.
- University conducts sessional exams (mid-semester exams) and end semester exams for every semester.
- The Odd semester exams for UG programs are conducted from November to December and for PG programs in the month of December every year.
- Even semester exams for UG courses are conducted from April to May and in the month of June for PG courses.
- COE department of the university issue admit card to every student and they are required to carry it to the examination center during the end semester exams.
Gauhati University Results
- All the university results either entrance exam results or semester exam results are declared only through online mode.
- The result of Odd and Even semesters of UG programs is announced by the month of January and June respectively.
- All the semester examination results for PG programs to be released within the 45 days of the completion of the exam.
- Students can get their results from the official university website by using the valid registration number and other required details.
- Students can print the results and retain it for future uses but it should not be treated as the original mark sheet.
- University issue the original mark sheets separately after the declaration of the result.
How to check Gauhati University Results?
GU Students have to follow the given procedure in order to get the semester result through the online mode-
- Go to the GU official website (www.gauhati.ac.in
- Find the “Result” on the top of the homepage.
- Click on the respective result link.
- Enter the Roll code, Registration number and click on the check result.
- The result appears on the screen.
- Students can also take a print of the result sheet by clicking on the print option.
For more information about GU results, university students can contact at the address mentioned below-
Gopinath Bardoloi Nagar, Jalukbari,
Phone No.- 94010- 28323
Email – email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org