Kerala Ration Card 2022 @ etso.civilsupplieskerala.gov.in: As you, all know the ration card is important for all who are seeking to subsidize ration from the state government. The civil supplies department Government of Kerala is the authority that issues new ration cards to the beneficiaries of the state and once ration cards are issued to them they will get essential commodities at subsidized prices. Almost every citizen of the state possesses Kerala Ration Card 2022 but still, there are some people who still looking for the same, so here in this article, we will discuss how you can apply for the new ration card, the documents required for it, and other important details.
Update: The Central Government is distributing free rations to the beneficiaries under the PM Garib Kalyan Yojana. Check details
Kerala Ration Card: Overview
|Ration Card Authority||Civil Department (Government of Kerala)|
|Article Category||Kerala Ration Card|
|Application Mode||Can be done Offline as well as Online mode|
|Official Website||www.civilsupplieskerala.gov.in (PDS)|
Kerala Ration Card 2022
The people of Kerala will get the entire essential commodity at a deep discount. It is not mandatory for all the people of the Kerala state to have the Kerala ration card, but the Ration card is a valid document that can be used for many other social schemes of the state as well as the centre. The Kerala Government launched the platform civilsupplieskerala.gov.in where we can gather all the necessary information related to the Kerala Ration Card.
Recently news came out that the Civil Supplies Department of Kerala which is the sole authority of ration cards has cancelled nearly 50K ration cards due to the non-purchase of rations consecutively for three months. Most of them are pink ration cardholders and the rest of them are Antyodaya ration cardholders.
EPOS AePDS Kerala Ration Card 2022
We request to all the people living in the state of Kerala apply for the ration card on the official website of the Civil Department in case they are not having the ration card. The process to apply for the fresh Kerala Ration will be discussed in detail in the next part of the article.
The Government of Kerala has taken various initiatives to help the family belonging to the BPL (Below Poverty Line) group in terms of healthcare, pension schemes, etc. As per the census, Kerala has the highest literacy ratio in the Country. Kerala Government has launched various schemes to educate the people coming under the BPL category. There are certain parameters in Kerala by which we can determine who is under the BPL group or not as follows:
- To be eligible for the BPL category, one needs to have the Kaccha House
- The adult person of the family should not be in the range of 16 to 59
- The family should belong to the Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe category
- The source of the income should be coming from the labour work
Types of Kerala Ration Card
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana
It is given to the weaker section of the society in the state of Kerala. Under this scheme, the family will get 35kg of an essential commodity free of cost. The Commodity will include rice and wheat.
The Priority Scheme will be given to the Below Poverty Line group. In this, 5kg of food grains will be given free of cost to all the members of the family. The food grains covered in this scheme will be 4kg rice and 1kg wheat.
- Non- Priority Subsidy
Above Poverty, Line group can avail of this scheme of the Kerala Government. The essential commodity covered under this scheme includes 2kg of rice to be given to all members of the family.
How to apply to HSRP Online read here
Eligibility For Kerala Ration Card
Please be informed that there is a common procedure to apply for the ration card for all the states across the country. The list of eligibility criteria to apply for the new Kerala Ration Card is as follows:
- Should be a citizen of India
- The family should not possess any other card belonging to the other state.
- The applicant who is applying for the Kerala Ration Card and the members of the family must be in close relation.
Documents Required For Kerala Ration Card Application
To apply for the Kerala Ration Card Application, there is a need to submit the mandatory document at the time of application. The lists of documents are shared below:
- Ration Card Application form with the applicant details.
- One photograph of the applicant for the Kerala Ration Card
- A photo identity card that can be
- Voter ID card
- Driving License
- Any Photo Id card issued by the Government
- Applicant Passport
- Applicants need to submit the residential proof, which can be any from the list of proof given below:
- Bank Passbook of the applicant
- Electricity Bill
- Latest Telephone/mobile phone Bill
- Rent agreement of the applicant
- Cancelled or old Ration card of the applicant
Procedure to Apply For Ration Card through Akshaya Centers Kerala
- The first step while applying for the new ration card is he/she needs to visit the nearest Akshaya Center.
- Here they need to submit the relevant document along with the ration card application form to the authorized person available in the centre.
- If anyone possesses the old Kerala Ration Card, then they need to submit it along with the application form.
- The authorized person will verify the entire document then they will take the digital photo of the applicant.
- The applicant has to pay fees for the ration card application along with the service charges.
Way To Apply For Ration Card through TSO or DSO Office
The way to apply for the ration card can be done through the authorized TSO or DSO office:
- The applicant has to visit the office of the TSO or DSO located in their area.
- Apply for the new ration card and need to pay an application fee to the officer. The fee for a new ration card application is Rs 5 and can be revised anytime by the Civil Department.
- Need to complete the application form and submit it to the officer with the relevant documents.
- Then the officer will take some time to verify the details mentioned in the ration card application.
- The maximum time required for the creation of a new ration card is about 15 days.
Steps to Apply Online For Kerala Ration Card online
The Government of Kerala is providing an option to apply for a fresh/renewal ration card from the official portal of the Civil Department (Government of Kerala). The steps to apply for the Kerala Ration Card Application are given below:
- Need to visit the official website of the Civil Department (Government of Kerala), www.civilsupplieskerala.gov.in
- Any applicant applying for a new ration card, then they need to click on the New Ration Card.
- In the case of the old ration card, then the applicant needs to provide the barcode number mentioned on the old ration card at the time of filing the application form.
- The applicant needs to fill in all the information asked in the ration card application form carefully.
- Then, the applicant needs to submit the application and after the submission, he/she needs to click on the activation link.
- Once the activation process gets completed, thereafter applicant need to login into the website using his/her login ID and password.
- In the case of the fresh application, the three options will be shown on the screen
- Issue of fresh ration card
- Non-inclusion and non-renewal certificate
- In the case of renewal, there will be 13 option will be displayed on the screen
- All applicants are advised to select the option carefully at the time of applying ration card applicant form.
- Applicants are advised to upload the entire necessary document in PDF format.
- It is advised to verify each and every detail filled at the time of applying application.
- Can take the printout of the application form for future reference.
- Need to submit the application form to the TSO centre along with the required documents.
- Then the applicant needs to check the status of the application through the official website of the Civil Department (Government of Kerala).
- There is a need to pay the Kerala Ration Card application fees.
- After the completion of the application for the ration card; the application form will be sent to the local field verifier.
- The role of the verifier is to check whether the details mentioned at the time of application are correct or not.
- The inspection of the details has to be done within a 30 days timeframe from the date of application.
- If the application would be approved by the authorized officer, then the notification will be issued to the applicant for the successful creation of a new ration card.
- In case of rejection, the letter would be issued to the applicant.
Download Kerala Ration Card Application Form
Kerala Ration Card Application Status
Those who had applied for a new ration card may check their application status online by submitting their application number and the process for the same is given below: –
- Visit the official website of the Civil Supplies Department
- Now on the home page of the portal select the application status from the option.
- After its selection, a new page will appear where you need to submit your application number and the captcha doe that appears on your screen.
- Once you submit such details the status of your application will appear to you.
Check Ration Card details online
Procedure to Transfer Kerala Ration Card
If any ration Cardholder shifted to the other location, in that case, one can apply for the transfer of the ration card by visiting the nearest ration card centre of the respective state.
- A written application has to submit with the applicable fees to the centre of the ration card.
- In the case of women married to the other family and moved to the husband’s house, then they can apply for the removal of the name in the old ration card and can apply for the addition of his name in the ration card of the husband’s family.
Application of Ration Card
The Ration Card is not only used to get an essential commodity at a nominal price but it is used as a national identity card. Ration Card will be used in many other schemes run by the state or central government. The Ration Card also works as income proof.
- It is used to show proof while purchasing any land or property in the state of Kerala.
- It can be used as address proof at the time of applying for a loan through any nationalized bank or financial institution.
- A person can use their ration card at the time of applying for another required id card such as a Pan Card, Passport, etc.
The family living in the state of Kerala can apply for their ration card in three ways
-The applicant can a new ration card by visiting the Akshaya Center located in their jurisdiction.
-They can approach the TSO or DSO office in order to apply for the fresh ration card and can also apply for the modification in the ration card.
-The Applicant can also apply through the online portal of the Civil Department of Kerala.
The ways to apply for the duplicate ration card are given below:
-If the resident of the Kerala State had lost their ration card and were unable to recover it from their house then they can apply for the duplicate ration card from the TSO or DSO centre situated in their areas.
-In the case of a lost/stolen ration card, the applicant must file an FIR to the nearest police station and have to take the acknowledgement slip which needs to be produced to the TSO or DSO office at the time of applying for the duplicate ration card.
-Submit the entire relevant document attached with the application form.
-Need to submit the applicable fees for the procedure to renew the ration card.
The applicant can be able to check the status of the ration card application by login into their account with the help of the username and the password. The time taken for processing the fresh Kerala Ration Card is 15 days from the date of application.
The process to make changes to the Kerala Ration Card is very simple. The applicant needs to visit the nearest ration card centre and ask the authorized officer to make a modification in the ration card. The officer will verify the details provided by you along with the documents and the application letter submitted at the time of the modification request.
We hope that the information provided to you regarding the Kerala Ration Card application procedure is helping you. In the case of any doubt, the user can make a comment in the comment section of the article.