Karnataka Ration Card Status Online Name List 2020 District Wise @ https://ahara.kar.nic.in/| Ration card is one of the important documents that every citizen holds in each state of the country. Application for the Ration card in Karnataka state can be filled online. Along with this, candidates can also check Karnataka Ration Card Status online, name list and other district-wise ration card details.
Karnataka Ration Card
Ration cards in the state are issued to the eligible candidates by the Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Affairs Department, Govt. of Karnataka. Four different types of ration cards are issued as per the eligibility criteria and schemes of the state. To submit the online application for the Karnataka e-ration card, one has to visit the official portal of the concerned department. This portal different services related to ration card such as application, status check, ration card update, link with Aadhaar card, ration card details, district-wise list etc.
This particular post is all about the details of the Karnataka Ration card. Citizens can read the article till the end to collect all the important information about the same.
Karnataka Ration Card- An Overview
|Ration Card||Karnataka Ration card|
|Concerned Department||Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Affairs Department, Govt. of Karnataka|
|Types of ration card issued||Four (PHH, NPHH, AY, AAY)|
|Mode of application||Online|
Types of Ration Card issued in Karnataka
Four different types of ration cards are issued to the citizens on the basis of their financial conditions and income level. The different types of ration cards issued to citizens of Karnataka include-
- PHH (Priority House Hold) Ration Cards- PHH ration cards are issued to citizens belonging to the rural areas of the state. The PHH category is further divided into two sub-groups. PHH cardholders get food grains at a subsidized rate on a monthly basis. They receive Rice at the rate of Rs.3 per kg, wheat Rs.2 per kg and Coarse grains at rate of Rs.1 per kg.
- Annapurna Yojna Ration Cards- AY Ration cards are issued to poor citizens of the state who are above the age of 65 years. They are provided 10kgs of food grains from the state government on a monthly basis.
- Antyodaya Anna Yojna Ration Cards- AYY ration cards are provided to the households/ families having annual income below 15000/-. These families receive food grains at cheaper rates than other ration cardholders. They are provided rice at the rate of Rs.3 per kg and wheat at the rate of Rs.2 per kg.
- NPHH (Non-Priority House Hold) Ration Cards- NPHH ration cards are issued to the families with stable annual income. NPHH ration cardholders do not get foodgrains at the subsidized prize like other ration cardholders.
Eligibility for Karnataka Ration Card
Citizens can check basic eligibility requirements for the issue of a new ration card in Karnataka shared as under-
- Applicant should be a permanent resident of Karnataka
- Households not having a ration card in the state.
- Newly married couples of the state.
- Citizens having temporary ration cards with expired dates.
- The issue of ration will be based on the household income and economic condition of the family.
How to check Karnataka Ration Card Online List?
The online portal, helps citizens to check the ration card without visiting the concerned office. They can check it anywhere, anytime from the online portal. To check the village list of ration cards in Karnataka, they just have to follow the given instructions-
- Step 1- Visit the official website- https://ahara.kar.nic.in/.
- Step 2- Click on “e-Services” tab provided on the menu bar.
- Step 3- Click on “e-Ration card” link.
- Step 4- Select the “Village list” tab.
- Step 5- Select the respective district, Taluk, Gram Panchayat, Village and click on the “Go” button.
- Step 6- The list of all the ration cards in the selected village will appear.
- Step 7– Find the ration card and check the other details.
How to Apply for Karnataka Ration Card?
Those who do not possess any ration card in Karnataka and are willing to apply can apply online. The complete application procedure is shared below in simple steps. Candidates can have a look-
- Step 1- Applicants have to start by visiting the official portal of the responsible department i.e. https://ahara.kar.nic.in.
- Step 2- Click on “e-services” tab displayed on the homepage.
- Step 3- Put the cursor on the “e-Ration Card” link and click on the “New Ration card” option from the dropdown list.
- Step 4- Select the “New Ration Card Request” option for the new ration card application.
- Step 5- Select the type of ration card applying for on the same webpage.
- Step 6- Enter the “Aadhaar Card No.” and Aadhaar seeded mobile no. in the space provided.
- Step 7- An OTP will be sent to the mobile no. Enter the OTP in the space provided.
- Step 8- Aadhaar details of the applicant will display after entering the OTP.
- Step 9- Applicants have to select the authentication and bio verification type.
- Step 10- After successful verification, Aadhaar details will be displayed.
- Step 11- For the generation of application no., applicants have to click on the “ADD” button.
- Step 12- Application form will appear. Fill the details in the respective field.
- Step 13- Click on the “Save” tab and application will be submitted.
- Step 14- Save the application no. for future references.
After successful submission of application, ration card will be issued within 15 days of submission of application. Applicants can collect their ration cards by making a payment of Rs.100 per copy.
How to check Karnataka Ration Card Status Online?
After submitting the application, applicants can check track the application status till the issue of ration card. To check the ration card application status, applicants have to follow the given steps-
- Visit the official website.
- Hit the “e-status” link and click on “Status of new/defending rations” tab.
- Select respective option.
- Click on “Ration card of status” option.
- Select the verification mode.
- Enter the relevant detail.
- Finally ration card status will appear.
Documents Required for Karnataka Ration Card Application
In order to apply of new ration card in the state, applicants are required to have following documents and details with them-
- A copy of original residential proof
- A copy of age certificate of the head of the family
- A copy of identity proof like voter ID card, driving license, Aadhar card.
- A copy of income proof of the family
- Passport size photograph of the applicant
- Valid Mobile number or Email address
- Self-Declaration and Certificate issued from the Ward Councillor/ Pradhan.
- Tenancy agreement (if applicant is a tenant)
Without any of the aforesaid documents applications submitted by the candidates are liable to be rejected.
Food, Civil Supplied & Consumer Affairs Department and the Department of Legal Metrology,
Phone No.- 1967 or 1800-425-9339
To apply for new e-ration card, one has to submit online application from the official portal of the concerned department.
No application fee is charged from applicants. However, they have to pay Rs.100 per copy at the time of the collection of ration card.
The new ration card will be issued within 15 days of the date of application.
You can link your Aadhaar card to your ration card by visiting online portal and clicking on “Link to UID” link.