ICEGATE Online apply registration, Eligibility, Benefits: The government of India is implementing new technologies to connect with the people of the country. In order to give easy access to the Indians users or taxpayers, the GOI has introduced many web portals where users have done their government related works easily. ICEGATE is one the web portal the government has developed for the Indian citizens so that they pay the all taxes on duties easily without spending their valuable time in visiting the offices physically.
In this article, we have compiled the information related to ICEGATE, Registration, Status so that those users who cannot get its benefit get it know about the website and it functions from here.
ICEGATE Online Apply 2019
ICEGATE is the abbreviation of Indian Customs Electronic Commerce/Electronic Data Interchange (EC/EDI) Gateway. It is basically a web port that offers various facilities to its users. The web portal offers the following facilities to its users; filing of the Bill of Entry ( import goods declaration), Shipping Bills (export goods declaration) and sending the related electronic messages between Customs and the Trading Partners with the help of communication facilities including E-mail, Web-upload & FTP.
ICEGATE was launched by GOI to give the facility to the traders, cargo carriers and other clients of Customs Department (collectively called Trading Partner) e-filling the forms related to their business. Presently approx 24000 users are registered with ICEGATE to serve about 6.72 lacs, importers and exporters.
ICEGATE connects about 15 broad types of partners with Customs EDI. The portal establishes this connection through message exchanges enabling faster Customs clearance and in turn facilitating EXIM Trade. This project is not only good fore-filling the forms but it also exchanges the data between Customs and the various regulatory and licensing agencies such as DGFT, RBI, Ministry of Steel and DGCIS. The data of the National Import Database (NIDB) and Export Commodity Database (ECDB) also take input for ICEGATE. Overall we can say that the portal not only helps the trades and other department and users associated with this industry but it also helps to raise and share the database of trading and shipping business.
The facilities offered by ICEGATE are not limited up to e-filing, it also provides host of other services like e-payment, Document Tracking status at Customs EDI, on-line registration for IPR, IE code status, online verification of DEPB/DES/EPCG licenses, PAN based CHA data and links to various other important websites/information pertaining to the Customs business.
In short, ICEGATE offers many facilities on a single website. As ICEGATE works on the internet so users can access the website any day and any time. All they need to complete their important tasks on the website is internet connection and hardware to access the web portal.
Registration on icegate.gov.in
To get the benefits of the servicers offered bu ICEGATE the traders, cargo carriers and other clients of the Customs Department will have to register them on the portal. To file the documents online, for filling online Shipping Bills and Bill of Entries and other documents it is important to register on ICEGATE portal.
Check Here >>> Kerala SSLC result 2020
Custom Brokers (License Holder / F-card and G-card holders), IEC holders (and IEC authorized persons), Shipping Lines, Shipping Agents, Airlines, Air Agents, Console Agents, etc can register on the ICEGATE portal.
For Custom House Agents two category has been defined; – a Principal (F card holder) and their employees (G card holders). F card users need to approve the registration of each of their G card holder and keeps the right to disable them. Both F and G card holders will have to wait after registration on the portal. The status of registration of F card holder will be sent to him via e-mail and status of the G card holder will also be sent to the F card holder.
For IEC holder / IEC Authorized Person and shipping agents also the same process id followed though there are no F and G card holders but Employer can register on the portal and after then can add employees as child user.
Check Here >>> MP board 10th Result 2020 Date
Unlike the aforementioned users, the custodians are allowed to have only one user on ICEGATE portal.
For all type of registration on ICEGATE, it is advised to wait for some time as your application will be sent to the officials of the department and they will approve or reject it. the information or the status of your registration application will be sent to you via mail. In can your application has been approved then you will get a mail on your registered mail id and if your application got rejected then also you will get a mail with a reason of rejection on your application for registration on the portal.
Important Points to Remember for Registration
While registration on the ICEGATE portal new users need to keep the following important points in mind;
- Any user can register on ICEGATE website first time as an F-card holder or parent user. The process of registration will be the same even though the entity may have more than one F card holder whose name is endorsed on the Customs Broker license. All other users will be registered on the portal as child users only but for the same F-card user/parent user.
- The registration process also has the procedure to keep an eye on the impersonation and repudiation etc. The principal/parent user or the F card holder will be given access at the application level with proper role mapping. It will also enable them to approve or to disable their child user(s).
- Applicants can not register on the portal with same mail if. If the email ID is already registered on the portal then the user will have to check the user ID created against the mail id, within the users’ organization.
- It is essential that the particulars must be verified online from PAN database of the Income Tax department for this the registrant need to have a soft copy of the PAN card.
- The applicant needs to ensure that the name used while registering on ICEGATE should be same as the name mentioned on the PAN. We have already mentioned that uploading a soft copy of the PAN card is a must while registration.
- User is free to use the same PAN for registration under different user roles including Shipping Agent, Shipping Line, Custom Broker, Custodian, Console, and Airline.
- When the user enters the ICES registration number for registration on the portal it fetches data from the ICES directories and displays for verification from the user. After confirmation on the data, the further process of data capturing is initiated. In case any rectification is required in the existing ICES data, the registrant needs to approach the respective Directory Manager or Policy branch.
- It is essential for all the users to use their Digital Signature token (Class III Individual Type), plugged into their systems before starting the registration process.
- It is mandatory for all the users to upload their Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) at the time of registration.
- If any user faces ‘PKI applet error’ while uploading the DSC certificate then he is suggested to verify the java set up on the local machines from where the registration process is performed. To complete the process the local machine requires having Java version 1.8 or higher to support this activity.
- To know more about the Java setup applicants can refer to the detailed guide ‘Java Setup for DSC’ in Downloads on ICEGATE website (https://www.icegate.gov.in/Download/JavaSetupForDSC.pdf).
- In case the applicant receives ‘Class not found’ error and DSC upload is unsuccessful then it is suggested to contact the respective DSC vendor.
Documents Required for Registration on ICEGATE Portal
- Aadhaar card (preferably)
- Driving license
- Voter ID card
- Scanned Copy of Authorization Letter (.pdf)
- Scanned Copy of License / Permit (.pdf)
- Scanned Copy of Driving license, Passport, Aadhaar Card, Voter ID card (.pdf)
- Scanned Copy of Authorization to F Card / G Card
- Authorization Letter / Order of Commissioner
How to Register on ICEGATE Portal
To get register on ICEGATE following instructions has to be followed;
- Visit the ICEGATE website www.icegate.gov.in.
- Click on the registration link given on the home page for registration. You can also follow the service link to register and fill up the registration form.
- To sign up on ICEGATE the applicant will have to click on the Simplified Registration link.
- The applicant needs to provide his/her IEC, GSTIN and temporary password on the webpage sent from ICEGATE on this page.
- Once the registrant fills the aforementioned details then he/she has to fill the ICEGATE ID and password. The id and password both will be on the applicants choice.
- The ICEGATE id should be unique else the page will not accept it. it is also suggested to the applicant to choose a complex password for ICEGATE.
- Make sure you type the same password in the confirm password box as you have typed in password box else the page will show an error.
- If the entered data is corrected then the registrant will get an OTP for authentication. The system will send two different OTPs one on the mobile number and another on the mail id that applicant has given on the previous page.
- Enter valid OTP to complete the registration. If you will put the wrong OTP then the page will show an error message.
- Now you can either complete the registration process by clicking on the finish button. You will get a message as “Are you sure you want to finish the auto IEC Registration Process,” click on yes button to complete the registration process and that’s how you can register yourself on ICEGATE.
- If you want to make some changes in mail id or any other information you mentioned on the page then click on the Click here link given on the page to finish the registration.
- Once you will click on ‘Click Here’ link you will get a box where you will have to write an alternative e-mail id and mobile number.
- Now again you will get an OTP on your alternate e-mail id and password.
- You need to submit IEC Number, GSTIN Number, Mobile OTP, and Email OTP and click on submit button.
- You need to keep in mind that your OTP will get expire after 2 hours of its generation.
Benefits of ICEGATE
ICEGATE is an innovative step of the government of India that is launched to help, any traders and other people associated with the export industry. The portal offers one stop solution to the people. The portals let the traders, cargo carriers and other clients of the Customs Department to see the location of their material, to e fill the forms and many other benefits. ICEGATE saves the time of people and lets them handle the entire thing they need to perform in the export and trading industry from their laptop or desktop. The registered users can also create child user (except custodians) to end the dependency of one person to fill and complete online forms and other formalities.
The Bottom Line
The article has all the important information related to ICEGATE. If you can have a question in mind related to ICEGATE then ask to us through the comment box. In case you face any issue while registration process on the web portal then also you can contact us with the screenshot, we will definitely help you.