ICEGATE Online Apply Registration Procedure Online: The government of India is implementing new technologies to connect with the people of the country. In order to give easy access to Indian users or taxpayers, the GOI has introduced many web portals where users have done their government-related work easily. ICEGATE is one of the web portals the government has developed for Indian citizens so that they pay all taxes on duties easily without spending their valuable time in visiting the offices physically.
In this article, we have compiled the information related to ICEGATE, Registration, and Status so that those users who cannot get its benefit get it to know about the website and its functions from here.
ICEGATE Online Apply 2022
In short, ICEGATE offers many facilities on a single website. As ICEGATE works on the internet so users can access the website any day and any time. All they need to complete their important tasks on the website is an internet connection and hardware to access the web portal.
Registration on icegate.gov.in
To get the benefits of the services offered by ICEGATE the traders, cargo carriers and other clients of the Customs Department will have to register them on the portal. To file the documents online, for filling online Shipping Bills and Bill of Entries and other documents it is important to register on the ICEGATE portal.
Custom Brokers (License Holder / F-card and G-card holders), IEC holders (and IEC authorized persons), Shipping Lines, Shipping Agents, Airlines, Air Agents, Console Agents, etc can register on the ICEGATE portal.
For Custom House Agents two category has been defined; – a Principal (F cardholder) and their employees (G cardholders). F card users need to approve the registration of each of their G cardholders and keep the right to disable them. Both F and G cardholders will have to wait until after registration on the portal. The status of registration of the F cardholder will be sent to him via e-mail and the status of the G cardholder will also be sent to the F cardholder.
For IEC holders / IEC Authorized persons and shipping agents also the same process is followed though there are no F and G cardholders the Employer can register on the portal and after then can add employees as child users.
Unlike the aforementioned users, the custodians are allowed to have only one user on the ICEGATE portal.
For all types of registration on ICEGATE, it is advised to wait for some time as your application will be sent to the officials of the department and they will approve or reject it. the information or the status of your registration application will be sent to you via mail. In can your application has been approved then you will get a mail on your registered mail id and if your application got rejected then also you will get a mail with a reason for rejection on your application for registration on the portal.
Important Points to Remember for Registration
While registering on the ICEGATE portal new users need to keep the following important points in mind;
- Any user can register on the ICEGATE website first time as an F-card holder or parent user. The process of registration will be the same even though the entity may have more than one F cardholder whose name is endorsed on the Customs Broker license. All other users will be registered on the portal as child users only but for the same F-card user/parent user.
- The registration process also has the procedure to keep an eye on the impersonation and repudiation etc. The principal/parent user or the F cardholder will be given access at the application level with proper role mapping. It will also enable them to approve or disable their child user(s).
- Applicants can not register on the portal with the same mail. If the email ID is already registered on the portal then the user will have to check the user ID created against the mail id, within the user’s organization.
- It is essential that the particulars must be verified online from the PAN database of the Income Tax department for this the registrant needs to have a soft copy of the PAN card.
- The applicant needs to ensure that the name used while registering on ICEGATE should be the same as the name mentioned on the PAN. We have already mentioned that uploading a soft copy of the PAN card is a must while registering.
- User is free to use the same PAN for registration under different user roles including Shipping Agent, Shipping Line, Custom Broker, Custodian, Console, and Airline.
- When the user enters the ICES registration number for registration on the portal it fetches data from the ICES directories and displays it for verification from the user. After confirmation of the data, the further process of data capturing is initiated. In case any rectification is required in the existing ICES data, the registrant needs to approach the respective Directory Manager or Policy branch.
- It is essential for all the users to use their Digital Signature token (Class III Individual Type), plugged into their systems before starting the registration process.
- It is mandatory for all users to upload their Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) at the time of registration.
- If any user faces a ‘PKI applet error’ while uploading the DSC certificate then he is suggested to verify the java set up on the local machines from where the registration process is performed. To complete the process the local machine requires Java version 1.8 or higher to support this activity.
- To know more about the Java setup applicants can refer to the detailed guide ‘Java Setup for DSC’ in Downloads on the ICEGATE website.
- In case the applicant receives a ‘Class not found’ error and the DSC upload is unsuccessful then it is suggested to contact the respective DSC vendor.
Documents Required for Registration on ICEGATE Portal
- Aadhaar card (preferably)
- Driving license
- Voter ID card
- Scanned Copy of Authorization Letter (.pdf)
- Scanned Copy of License / Permit (.pdf)
- Scanned Copy of Driving license, Passport, Aadhaar Card, Voter ID card (.pdf)
- Scanned Copy of Authorization to F Card / G Card
- Authorization Letter / Order of Commissioner
- Difference Between OBC Creamy and Non-Creamy
- How to Create Resume Online
- Highest Paying Jobs in India
- Check PAN Card Status
- Check Aadhar Card Status
- Work From Home Jobs Without Investment
- Short Term Courses After 12th
- PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- Fastag Recharge Online
- Khelo India Registration
How to Register on ICEGATE Portal?
To get register on ICEGATE following instructions have to be followed;
- Visit the ICEGATE website www.icegate.gov.in.
- Click on the registration link given on the home page for registration. You can also follow the service link to register and fill up the registration form.
- To sign up on ICEGATE the applicant will have to click on the Simplified Registration link.
- The applicant needs to provide his/her IEC, GSTIN and temporary password on the webpage sent from ICEGATE on this page.
- Once the registrant fills in the aforementioned details then he/she has to fill in the ICEGATE ID and password. The id and password both will be of the applicant’s choice.
- The ICEGATE id should be unique else the page will not accept it. it is also suggested to the applicant to choose a complex password for ICEGATE.
- Make sure you type the same password in the confirm password box as you have typed in the password box else the page will show an error.
- If the entered data is corrected then the registrant will get an OTP for authentication. The system will send two different OTPs one on the mobile number and another on the mail id that the applicant has given on the previous page.
- Enter valid OTP to complete the registration. If you will put the wrong OTP then the page will show an error message.
- Now you can either complete the registration process by clicking on the finish button. You will get a message as “Are you sure you want to finish the auto IEC Registration Process,” click on the yes button to complete the registration process and that’s how you can register yourself on ICEGATE.
- If you want to make some changes to your mail id or any other information you mentioned on the page then click on the Click here link given on the page to finish the registration.
- Once you will click on the ‘Click Here’ link you will get a box where you will have to write an alternative e-mail id and mobile number.
- Now again you will get an OTP on your alternate e-mail id and password.
- You need to submit your IEC Number, GSTIN Number, Mobile OTP, and Email OTP and click on submit button.
- You need to keep in mind that your OTP will get expire after 2 hours of its generation.
Click Here To Register For ICEGATE
Benefits of ICEGATE
ICEGATE is an innovative step of the government of India that is launched to help, traders and other people associated with the export industry. The portal offers one-stop solution to the people. The portals let the traders, cargo carriers, and other clients of the Customs Department see the location of their material, to e fill the forms and many other benefits. ICEGATE saves the time of people and lets them handle the entire thing they need to perform in the export and trading industry from their laptop or desktop. The registered users can also create child users (except custodians) to end the dependency of one person to fill and complete online forms and other formalities.
ICEGATE Registration- Frequently Asked Questions
ICEGATE is the abbreviation of the Indian Customs Electronic Commerce/Electronic Data Interchange (EC/EDI) Gateway. It is basically a web port that offers various facilities to its users. The web portal offers the following facilities to its users; filing of the Bill of Entry ( import goods declaration), Shipping Bills (export goods declaration) and sending the related electronic messages between Customs and the Trading Partners with the help of communication facilities including E-mail, Web-upload & FTP.
ICEGATE was launched by GOI to give the facility to the traders, cargo carriers and other clients of the Customs Department (collectively called Trading Partner) e-filling the forms related to their business. Presently approx 24000 users are registered with ICEGATE to serve about 6.72 lacs, importers and exporters.
ICEGATE connects about 15 broad types of partners with Customs EDI. The portal establishes this connection through message exchanges enabling faster Customs clearance and in turn facilitating EXIM Trade. This project is not only good fore-filling the forms but it also exchanges the data between Customs and the various regulatory and licensing agencies such as DGFT, RBI, Ministry of Steel and DGCIS. The data of the National Import Database (NIDB) and Export Commodity Database (ECDB) also take input for ICEGATE. Overall we can say that the portal not only helps the trades and other departments and users associated with this industry but it also helps to raise and share the database of trading and shipping business.
The facilities offered by ICEGATE are not limited up to e-filing, it also provides a host of other services like e-payment, Document Tracking status at Customs EDI, online registration for IPR, IE code status, online verification of DEPB/DES/EPCG licenses, PAN-based CHA data and links to various other important websites/information pertaining to the Customs business.
The article has all the important information related to ICEGATE. If you can have a question in mind related to ICEGATE then ask us through the comment box. In case you face any issues while the registration process on the web portal then also you can contact us with the screenshot, we will definitely help you.