National Recruitment Agency (NRA) has become the responsible authority to conduct all the prelim exams for the vacancies released by the central government. The union cabinet chaired by PM has given the nod to the one prelim examination for all the recruitment examination for the central government job. In February 2020, the finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced to set up an agency that will conduct CET (Common Entrance Test).
NRT will be an independent body that will examine Railway and other central government departments. The earlier exam conducting body responsible for arranging the recruitment exam for different departments like the Staff Selection Commission, Railway Recruitment Board, Institute of Banking Personnel Selection will work under NRA now.
So technically now the applicants will have to take one common entrance exam. The announcement of NRA will reform the recruitment procedure in the country for central government vacancies. If you are curious to know more about NRA and CET and the changes it will bring to the government recruitment procedure, than scroll down the page to know more.
What Is the National Recruitment Agency (NRA)?
NRA is the abbreviation of the National Recruitment Agency. As the name shows, this agency will take care of the recruitment on a national level. NRA will conduct one common entrance test for the job seekers. This test will be an entrance test for all the vacancies released by the central government. The recruitment Agency will shortlist the candidates for Group B and Group C recruitment.
The establishment of this agency is done under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. The central government has high expectations with this agency. The main aim of the setup of a new recruitment agency is to make the complete procedure of offering government jobs easy and transparent.
The NRA will work as a single body, as many other recruitment agencies will be merged into this. PM Modi tweeted about this announcement of NRA. Further, in the article, you will get to know about the NRA in points.
National Recruitment Agency: Important Points
Here we have given some points about the NRA so that you can know about this newly constructed agency quickly.
Check >>> Appointment Letter Templates
- With the establishment of the National Recruitment Agency (NRA), the process of recruitment in central government agencies will change. Now all the agencies will release a single common test.
- The aspirants that will clear this common test will take the first level recruitment exam of Railways, Staff Selection Board, Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. In other words, Common Entrance Test will be like a gateway for the various vacancies available with the central government.
- The difficulty level of CET will be different as per the education level of the aspirants. NRA will conduct CET at three levels; Graduation Level, Higher Secondary and High School or Secondary level.
- With CET, the NRA eliminates the multiple prelim tests conducted by different agencies for central government vacancies.
- The further process after the exam will remain the same. NRA will be responsible for releasing the cut off marks and results, but the further exam will be different as per the requirement of the vacancies.
- To help the young people from villages and small districts, the NRA will set up an exam center in every district. This step of the National Recruitment Agency will hold those applicants who could not take the exam as sometimes its too far from their district.
- NRA will also introduce the mock test feature for aspirants so that they can perform better in the exam.
What is Common Eligibility Test?
Many times in the article, we have mentioned about the CET or Common Eligibility Test. Let’s know about it from the details given here;
- National Recruitment Agency will conduct CET to evaluate the application of the very first level; The CET will replace various prelim examinations in three sectors. Initially, the CET will be conducted for three recruitment agencies only. Later on, the number of agencies will be increased.
- To appear on the recruitment exam of any agency governed by the central government, the applicant will have to first qualify CET. Jobseekers can choose the level of CET as per their qualification.
- CET will be conducted in the exam centers all over India. NRA will set up exam centers in every district in the country. Applicants can choose the exam center of their choice while applying for the vacancies.
- CET will be Computer Based Online Test. The syllabus of the test will depend on its level.
- The exam pattern for all three levels of the exam will remain the same.
- The marks scored in CET will be having a validity period. Applicants can use the CET score for three years after that the score will become invalid to apply for the central government posts.
- During these three years, the applicants can attempt further recruitment exams. No restriction has been imposed on attempting the recruitment examination until the candidates complete all the eligibility requirements for the vacancies.
- Other rules related to recruitment will remain the same. Candidates from reserved categories will get the benefits of reservation. Applicants from reserved categories will be eligible to get the relaxation in upper age limit.
- CET is an exam for the central government vacancies so that it will be in multi-languages. It will be easy for the people of every state as they can read it easily and everyone gets an equal opportunity to get the government job.
Benefits of the National Recruitment Agency
NRA will not only reform the recruitment process for the jobs under the central government, but it will also make it easy for the applicants to get access to the information related to these jobs. Here are the main benefits of the NRA to the government job seekers;
- National Recruitment Agency will set the exam centres in all the districts. This will make more people aware of the vacancies with the central government. The availability of the exam centre in the district will also encourage the people to apply and prepare for government jobs. It will also encourage the female applicants to apply and participate in the entrance exam for central government vacancies.
- National Recruitment Agency will also arrange the mock tests to prepare the applicants for the exam. This will create competition among job seekers, and the government will get more qualified and intelligent humans to work with.
- Now the applicants will have to appear in a single exam rather than a different prelims examination. It will save their money and time both.