KVS Admission 2024: KVS Class 1-11’s online admission form will be available soon. So, students who are eyeing admission may get all the admission information. Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan will probably open the admission registration window for class 1 in March 2024. The official announcement of the KVS 2024 admission guidelines and notification for the academic session 2024-25 is yet to be made.
Apart from KVS online, applicants may also submit their application through the KVS mobile app, the link to which is provided below in this article.
KVS Admission Notification 2024
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Form for the academic session 2024 will open soon. If you are looking for information about Kendriya Vidyalaya admission, then you are on the right page. Here, we have shared all the necessary information regarding the admission procedure. It includes details about the application form, eligibility, reservation, selection list, KVS admission online application, etc.
|Kendriya Vidyalaya School
|KVS Admission information
|Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS)
|Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
|Mode of the application procedure
|Online (for class I)
Offline (for other classes)
|Date of Registration for
|For Class 1-
For Class 2 onwards–
|Class 1st selection List
Who Can Apply for KVS Admission 2024?
Admission opportunities in KV are given in a phase manner first for the central government employee, followed by state government staff, and last for private employees.
KV seats are divided into five categories:
- The first preference is given to the central govt employees ward.
- The second preference is for the army and ex-army man child.
- The third selection is for govt. employees.
- Fourth for the single girl child quota.
- Fifth for private or self-employed personnel.
New Update- From this year NSG and Assam Rifles have been included under the purview of admission of the ward of the army and paramilitary forces.
Similarly, under a special provision for admission, KVS has now included the wards of Autonomous Bodies/PSUs/IHL for a recommendation from VMC.
Have a look at the method of Kendriya Vidyalaya admission 2024-25 for class 1 described in the image below-
Also in defence/central and state government job, there are priorities.
- 1st pref. To ward of transferable central govt. staff and ex-servicemen.
- 2nd pref. for non-transferable central government workers and ex-servicemen.
- 3rd to ward of PSU/ autonomous bodies/ Institute of Higher Learning of GOI.
- 4th to transferable state government employees.
- 5th pref. to ward of state government non-transferable employees.
- Last to children of any category if seats are vacant.
Check this>>> JNVST Class 6 admit card
KV Admission Important Dates 2024
|Release of admission guidelines for 2024
|Online KVS registration for class-1
|Last date for registration for class-1
|Release of provisional selection list and admission for class-1
|Publication of provisional selection list of candidates
As per the priority service category for UR
seats, (if any)
|Second notification for RTE provision, ST, SC (if sufficient number of seat registration not receive)
|Offline Registration for class 2 onwards (except class XI)
|KVS Last date of registration class 2-8
|Display of selection list for class 2 onwards
|Admission to class 2 onwards
|Last date for admission (except for 11)
|For KV students only: Registration for class- 11
|Within a week after the declaration of class 10 board result
|For KV student only: Declaration of selection list and admission for class 11
|Within 2 weeks after the declaration of class X board result
|For Non- KV students: Registration, admission in class 11
|Only if seats remain vacant after admission of KV students in class 11
|Last date for admission to class 11
|30 days from the date of
publication of class 10th
Note: If any date mentioned in the schedule is a public holiday, then its next working day will be treated as an official opening and closing date.
KVS Class 2 Admission Form 2024
It will be provided in online, so parents must visit the concerned school’s official website for the admission form. Form availability will be based on vacant seats in class you want to take a seat. The registration process usually starts in the morning.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Online Registration Form 2024
Registration procedure for admission to class 1 will be submitted online, whereas for other classes offline application forms are provided by the board.
- The advertisement for admission will be issued on the assigned date by the regional office in the local newspapers.
- The application form is made available through online/offline mode.
- Candidates or their wards can collect the admission form from the Principal’s Office of the concerned school free of cost.
- Candidates/ Parents are required to fill out the form completely and accurately.
- Applicants are required to send or submit the filled-in application form along with the required documents to the Kendriya Vidyalaya concerned within the stipulated dates as mentioned in the notification.
- The attested copies of the required documents must accompany the application form.
- Candidates must ensure that the application form is filled completely as incomplete forms and late applications shall be rejected.
How To register for KVS Admission 2024 Class 1?
Parents who want to admit their ward in class 1 have to follow the below procedure for online registration-
- Visit the official website i.e. https://www.kvsangathan.nic.in/. Applicants can also visit the KVS admission portal for class 1 directly. The link is mentioned above.
- KVS Admission Link- Now, now the homepage, click on KVS Online Admission Portal Link scrolling to the top of the page.
2. Click on Register Tab – Now, applicants will be redirected to a new page. At the admission, portal click on the “Register” tab as shown in the picture.
3. Proceed to read instructions – Now, carefully read the important instructions available in both English and Hindi. After going through all the instructions, mark the declaration box and click on the Proceed Button.
4. Fill Details – Now, the registration page will appear. Enter all the details in the provided space and click the “Register” button.
5. Verify OTP – Now, enter the OTP and verify it.
6. Registration is complete – Finally, the registration process is complete. Keep the login ID safe for further login. Take the registration details’ printout by clicking on the “Print” tab.
How to fill out KVS Admission Form Online 2024?
After completing the registration process, candidates must fill out the application form. Check the complete online application procedure shared below for admission to class 1-
- Open the KVS admission portal and click on “Login Tab”
- Login page. Enter the Login code, DOB, mobile no. and captcha code on this page. Proceed further by clicking on “Login tab”.
- Application form will open. Start filling the details as asked in the form.
- Fill Parent’s Detail and click “Next”
- Fill choice of Schools. Choice can be filled only for Three KVs. After filing details click on “Next” button.
- Upload the required documents.
- After uploading documents, click on the Preview button. Cross check all the details and submit the application form.
- Verify OTP
- Application will be submitted successfully. Click on the “Print” tab and take a printout of application for future reference.
- Applicants can also check application status by clicking on “Application Status”.
The information about the availability of KVS online admission form class 1 will be provided here. The application link for the same can be accessed from the links given below.
Any changes in the Registration and Application process will be updated here.
KVS Application Form Fee
- No registration fee is applicable.
- Applicants can collect the application form from the school principal free of cost.
KVS Admission Eligibility Criteria 2024
Age criteria for admission into Class I to Class X
Note- Relaxation of two years in the upper age of the differently-abled students is applicable.
Required Documents For Class 1
The following documents are required at the time of admission-
- Birth Certificate (Age proof) for Class-I.
- Proof of relationship for Grandchildren of PSU employees and Members of Parliament.
- Proof of relationship for Grandchildren of KVS employees.
- Proof of residence
- Category certificate (SC/ST/EWS/OBC/BPL) – Check how to apply for OBC certificate, EWS certificate
- Certificate of disability/handicapped
- Certificate of retirement for uniformed defence employees.
- Certificate showing the number of transfers.
Registration Eligibility for Class 11
- Students must be less than 15 years old.
- Admission of KV students in various KVs is done on the basis of marks obtained in class X. Below are the complete details about the marks criteria-
- Humanities Stream- All students who have passed the class X examination
- Science Stream- Students must have obtained at least 60% marks aggregate in all the subjects.
- Commerce Stream- Students must have obtained a minimum of 55% marks aggregate in all the subjects.
KV Admission Reservation Criteria
Category-wise seat criterion is as follows-
|Schedule Tribe (ST)
|Schedule Caste (SC)
|Differently abled candidates
|Economically weaker sections (EWS) of the society
KVS Admission Selection List 2024
- List of registration of candidates, list of eligible candidates, list of selected candidates, waiting list, and all the other lists will be published on the official website of the concerned Kendriya Vidyalaya and also on Notice Boards of the schools.
- The KVS selection list of class- I will be declared as per the schedule.
- The selection list of Class II onwards will be declared soon.
- The selection list for Class XI is displayed within two weeks of the publication of the result.
KVS Admission Under MP Quota
As per the admission guidelines, there are some special provisions under which admissions are provided in Kendriya Vidhyalaya. Under this provision, members of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha recommend a certain number of students for admission to KVs. However, under this admissions are granted only in KVs located in the constituency of the MP. Check the main points of this provision given below-
- These recommendations will be made by the MPs only for classes I -IX.
- These admissions are provided over and above the strength of the class.
- Admissions under MP Quota are made at the start of the academic year. No admissions are allowed after the cut-off dates prescribed by the KVS.
- The children recommended for admission by the Member of Parliament must satisfy the eligibility conditions.
- These recommendations will be valid only if they are made in the format prescribed to MP by KVS (HQ).
KVS admission 2024: Important Links
|KVS Admission Application Form (Class I)
|Class I Application Status
|Print Class I Application Form
|KVS Admission dates 2024
|KVS Admission Guideline
|KVS admission notification
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Important points
- Kendriya Vidyalaya admission guidelines and application form for admission will start from the date mentioned above in this article.
- Candidates must apply only if there is a vacant seat in the concerned Kendriya School.
- Mere submission of an application does not confirm the admission of an applicant to the school.
- Incomplete application forms will be rejected.
- Central School Application forms must be submitted to the respective school on time.
- The documents submitted along with the application form must be genuine. Admission is secured based on wrong information and documents will be cancelled.
- Admission to Class II to Class VIII is made based on a priority category system.
- Admission to class XI is done based on an admission test.
- Students are advised to stay in touch with the official website of the respective KV and with our page for the latest updates and information regarding admission.
- For any query or issue related to the admission, readers are advised to contact the concerned KV or they may contact at the address given below-
What is the admission process of KV admission class 1?
KVS admission form will be available online to the students who are interested in taking admission to Kendriya Vidyalaya School. Anyone can fill out the form and submit it. After the completion of form submission, interview, and fee payment, the Principal of each KV school will display the selected student for their school in class I.
Will central/state government employee grandchild get preference?
Yes, children/grandchildren of central/state government employees will be preferred
Is the application procedure same for all the classes from 1st to 11th Standards in Kendriya Vidyalayas across the country?
No, the application process is not the same for all the classes. Application forms for all the classes are filled separately in different modes. Application forms for class 1st are filled in online mode whereas for other classes from 2nd to 11th application forms are provided offline
When will the notification and application forms for KVS Class 1st admissions be released?
The application process for KVS class 1 admission is to start soon. The admission schedule has been updated in this article.
What are the reservation criteria for admission to class 1st in KVs?
For admission to class 1st KVS follows the given reservation norm applicable to a class with a strength of 40 students-
– RTE- 25% (10 seats)
– SC- 15% 6 seats)
– ST- 7.5% (3 seats)
– OBC- 27% (11 seats)
– PWD- 3% (horizontal reservation)
What is the method of KVS admission in class 2 to 8?
The method by which students get admission in KVS from class 2 to 8 is based on priority system. No admission test shall be conducted.
Hope you have got an idea of how to get admission in KV school from class 1 to 11. If you have any queries regarding KVS admission 2024-25 batch, then you can comment below and our team will respond to you ASAP.