The Common Research Aptitude Test for PWD applicants and the Subject Specific Examination in Agriculture, Horticulture and Psychology disciplines for the advertised Scientist B posts will be conducted on 21 May 2023. As the exam date is approaching, the aspirants will want to leave no stone unturned in their preparations.
While preparing for any examination knowing the complete pattern and syllabus for it reduces the efforts of the aspirants. Therefore, to provide the aspirants with the details regarding the same, we present this article. Throughout this article, we will discuss the DRDO RAC Scientist B Syllabus 2023 & Exam Pattern in a detailed manner and share the pdfs for the exam. So, all the aspirants appearing for this exam kindly check out this article through to the end.
DRDO RAC Scientist B Syllabus 2023 & Exam Pattern
Both CRAT and SSE for the concerned Scientist B posts will be organized in the Computer-Based Mode by the authority at 7 unique examination centres. Furthermore, both papers in the DRDO RAC Scientist B Exam 2023 will have multiple-choice questions for 300 marks. To learn all the details for both these papers in the Recruitment and Assessment Centre DRDO Scientist B Recruitment 2023, the aspirants must scroll down the rest of the article.
DRDO RAC Scientist B Exam Details
|Name of the Exam||DRDO RAC Scientist B Exam 2023|
|Conducted By||Recruitment and Assessment Centre, DRDO|
|Concerned Advertisement||RAC Advt. No. 141|
|Name of the Disciplines||Agriculture, Horticulture, Physiology, Psychology, Bio-Medical Engineering, Micro Biology, Food Technology and Biochemistry|
|Number of Vacancies||37|
|Total Number of Papers||2|
|Name of the Papers||Common Research Aptitude Test and Subject Specific Examination|
|Type of Examination||Computer-Based Test|
|Exam Centres||Bangalore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Pune, Chennai, Kanpur and Kolkata|
|Date of the Examination||21 May 2023|
|DRDO Official Website||https://www.drdo.gov.in/|
|RAC Official Website||https://rac.gov.in/|
Scientist B Exam DRDO RAC Pattern 2023
As we have mentioned earlier, the authority will conduct two papers in the Scientist B Exam DRDO 2023. Therefore, the pattern of both these examinations will vary accordingly. The details concerning the pattern of the Common Research Aptitude Test and Subject Specific Examination for the advertised Scientist B Designations at DRDO RAC are given separately below.
Common Research Aptitude Test
The CRAT will be conducted by the authority to check the research and analytical abilities of the applicants. In this examination, the applicants will have to attempt 150 MCQs from 7 distinct topics for a total of 300 marks. Moreover, for each wrong answer in this exam, the authority will deduct 0.25 from the total score of the applicants as a penalty.
Subject Specific Examination
In the SSE, the applicants will be given questions from the subject they have chosen for 300 marks. The number of questions in this examination can be 100 to 150 as per the discretion of the authority. The duration of this examination will be 2 hours, its syllabus will be similar to that of the Civil Services Main Examination in the concerned disciplines. For each wrong answer in this exam, there will be a deduction of 25% of the total marks assigned to that question.
- DRDO RAC Scientist B Result 2023
- How to Prepare for DRDO CEPTAM Exam?
- NIC Scientist B Admit Card 2023
- How To Become a Scientist- Future, Career, Scope And Opportunities
DRDO RAC Scientist B Syllabus 2023 Details
Below we are sharing the components of DRDO RAC Scientist B Syllabus 2023 for both papers. The applicants go through these topics and accordingly prepare for this examination.
- CRAT (For PWD Category Posts)
- Logical Reasoning with topics including Blood relation, Coding and Decoding, Number Letter Series, Analogy, Verbal Classification and Reasoning logical diagram
- Data Interpretation with topics including Sources, acquisition and interpretation of data, Quantitative and qualitative data, Graphical representation and Mapping of data
- Reading Comprehension including a Short passage of test and questions related to it
- Numerical Ability with topics including number series, letter series, codes, relationships and classification
- Current Science and Technology with topics including current developments in technology and Natural Hazards and Mitigation
- Problem-Solving and Decision Marking with topics including Syllogism, Statement & Assumptions, Statement & Arguments, Assertion & Reason, Sitting Arrangements and Logical Venn Diagrams
- Behavioural and Interpersonal Skills with topics including Team Spirit, Loyalty, Integrity and Interpersonal communication
- SSE (For Various Disciplines)
- Agriculture with topics from UPSC Main Exam in the discipline
- Horticulture with topics from UPSC Main Exam in the discipline
- Physiology with topics from UPSC Main Exam in the discipline
- Psychology with topics from UPSC Main Exam in the discipline
Recruitment and Assessment Centre DRDO Exam Pattern and Syllabus PDF 2023
The links to the pdf of the exam pattern and syllabus for different disciplines of Scientist B posts are in the following table.
|Exam Pattern||DRDO RAC Scientist B SRAT and SSE Exam Pattern 2023|
|Agriculture Syllabus||DRDO RAC Scientist BAgriculture SSE Syllabus 2023|
|Horticulture Syllabus||DRDO RAC Scientist B Horticulture SSE Syllabus 2023|
|Physiology Syllabus||DRDO RAC Scientist B Physiology SSE Syllabus 2023|
|Psychology Syllabus||DRDO RAC Scientist B Psychology SSE Syllabus 2023|
|CRAT Syllabus||DRDO RAC Scientist B CRAT Syllabus 2023|
How many multiple-choice questions will be there in the Subject Specific Examination for the relevant discipline?
The MCQs in the SSE can range between 100 to 150 as per the convenience of the authority. However, the maximum scoreable marks in the exam will be 300.
What other rounds of selection will the applicants go through after clearing the SRAT and SSE?
The applicants who clear the SSRAT and SSE will go through an interview round that will be conducted either in Delhi or some other place by the authority.
Will the Common Research Aptitude Test be conducted for all advertised Scientist B posts at DRDO RAC?
No, the authority will only conduct the CRAT for the advertised posts under the PWD category.
Where will the examination for Scientist B posts take place?
The examination will be conducted by the authority in examination centres in the following cities- Bangalore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Pune, Chennai, Kanpur and Kolkata.