DRDO (Defence Research & Development Organisation) is organizing an entrance test called CEPTAM (Center for Personnel Talent Management). Through this test, 1075 vacancies of Senior Technical Assistant B, as well as 826 vacancies of Technician A, will be filled. The online registration for DRDO CEPTAM 10 will commence on 3rd September 2022 and end on 23rd September 2022. The exam is taken in two segments, Tier-I & Tier-II. This article includes all the useful tips you need to crack the DRDO CEPTAM 2022 Exam.
How to Prepare for DRDO CEPTAM Exam?
For clearing a technical competitive exam such as DRDO CEPTAM, the candidate needs focus and a proper plan of action. If the preparation is done in a strategic manner the chances of clearing the exam increase drastically. In order to devise an effective game plan for the exam, you can start with these initial steps:
- Go through the syllabus thoroughly and pay special attention to the marks distribution.
- Understand the pattern of the exam.
- Solve and understand the synchronicities in the previous year’s questions.
- Make newspaper reading a part of your everyday routine.
- Make realistic to–do lists for each day.
- Practice note–making and prepare brief notes for exam revision.
- Use mnemonics or creative measures to make studying and retention more engaging.
- Work with time management.
Exam Pattern for DRDO Senior Technical Assistant-B post
|Exam mode||Exam Tier||Total Marks||Questions||Time Duration|
|CBT||I (Quantitative Ability, General Awareness, Reasoning Ability & General Intelligence, General Science, English)||120||120||90 min|
|CBT||II (Trade subject)||100||100||90 min|
Exam Pattern for DRDO Technician-A post
|Exam mode||Exam Tier||Total Marks||Questions||Time Duration|
Section A: Quantitative Ability, General Awareness, Reasoning Ability & General Intelligence, General Science, English
Section B: Trade specific
|120||120 (Section A- 40, Section B-80)||90 min|
|CBT||II (Trade subject)||soon||soon||soon|
Study tips specific to DRDO CEPTAM Syllabus
Here is the marks distribution for the DRDO CEPTAM Section-A exam to prioritize the sections which are more scoring.
|Subject||Tentative Marks distribution|
|Reasoning Ability & General Intelligence||≈25|
Note: There is no negative marking in the exam and hence candidates are encouraged to attempt all the questions to safeguard their chances of selection.
Studying tips for Quantitative Ability
The quantitative part includes various mathematical reasoning and problem-solving questions. This portion is generally more time-consuming than other sections because it requires performing calculations. Some useful tips for combating the challenges of this section:
- Familiarize yourself with the basic concepts & notions of formulas.
- Practice numericals every day, the more you will practice the faster your calculation speed will become. You can practice from sample papers and previous year question papers.
- Give at least 1-2 hours to QA every day. Don’t leave practice even if you feel you have aced this section.
Studying tips for DRDO CEPTAM General Awareness
This is a lengthy section and requires a lot of concept clearance and remembering of facts. The tactics you can use to ace this section includes:
- Do newspaper reading daily and subscribe to any good current affairs magazine.
- You can buy a yearbook for factual and progressive information on the country’s politics, economics and other sectors.
- Study from selective books only, do not study the same topic from many books or it may affect your time management.
- Make sure to revise this section frequently or so much information may get mixed up and cause confusion during the exam.
Studying tips for DRDO CEPTAM Reasoning Ability & General Intelligence
The reasoning is a subject that requires assertiveness and this habit can only prevail in you if you understand the concepts of this section and are able to integrate them into different scenarios. Tips to sharpen this skill are:
- Practice is the only key here, especially the topics such as coding-decoding, syllogism, and logical reasoning can only become superior if you have thorough practice.
- Prioritise important topics and give them more time.
Studying tips for DRDO CEPTAM General Science
Science is a conceptual subject which works along with practical implications. Overstudying is a major issue that a candidate might end up doing while preparing for this section. To ensure a safe and brief preparation for Science, the following steps may come in handy:
- It’s time to open those old NCERT books because less is more here. Do not focus on advanced science and study the basic concepts only.
- Make notes and revise them on a frequent basis.
Studying tips for DRDO CEPTAM English
English is an extremely scoring section but ironically is often taken lightly by candidates. If you have a good hang on this section you can easily boast your chances in the exam. Few helpful tips:
- The exam syllabus inclines towards grammar more and that is why study the exam topics from a good English Grammar book.
- Practice comprehensions and PYQs.
Studying tips for Trade Subject of DRDO CEPTAM
- Have an analytical look at the syllabus and prioritize the topics.
- Study from reliable books and resources.
- Do not overstudy, try and focus on the basic foundation of the trade subject.
Study plan for DRDO CEPTAM Exam
An ideal study plan for a technical and logic-based exam like DRDO CEPTAM must be a practical one. A study plan can only work if it is personalized and hence we are providing tips to make a perfect study plan for the DRDO CEPTAM 2023 Exam:
- Regular newspaper reading
- Practice mock tests/ PYQs at least 2 days in a week, choose any 2 days according to your preference.
- Maintain consistency, and study every day even if you are not studying for very long hours.
- Do good research and study from reliable books and resources only.
- Do not avoid a section because it seems too easy. It’s better to perfect it.
- Make short notes/ key points for conceptual subjects.
- Make sure to distribute your time to all the sections strategically and unbiasedly.
- Make to-do lists for each day to improve work productivity.
And lastly, just relax and breathe, you got it, champ! All the best for your exam, we hope this article helped you in some way.
Important Links: DRDO CEPTAM Exam
|Available Now||Official website DRDO|
|Download||DRDO CEPTAM Advertisement 2023|
DRDO was established in the year 1958 for diverse research purposes.
The full form of DRDO CEPTAM is Defence Research & Development Organisation, Center for Personnel Talent Management.
The age limit for the DRDO CEPTAM exam is between 18 to 28 years of age.