Essay On Travel: The students and children who have to write an essay on the topic of “Travel” in English often get confused about how to go about it. The topic is undoubtedly confusing. You can think about your personal voyage or explain what travelling is. Both thoughts are extremely normal and understandable. However, the topic is a descriptive one. You have to explain what “Travel” is and how it is relative to everyone’s life.
In the ensuing article, we have provided a complete guide on how to write your Essay On Travel and frame it. Further, you can also add quotes, proverbs, and sayings to the essay in order to make it interesting. Read the subsequent section thoroughly and draw inspiration and reference from the sample essay written below.
Essay On Travel in English
“Travel” is the act of locomotion from one point to the other. There are various purposes and mediums of travelling. If you are writing an Essay On Travel, there are a few points that you need to take into consideration. For instance, first and foremost is that the topic is descriptive in nature. You have to explain what the topic means and what are its components. This implies, that you need to define travel, the purpose, mediums of travelling, feelings that one can feel during travelling, and much more. In the introduction, you need to explain what travelling is.
The body or the main content needs to be about the various purpose of travelling and the mediums of travel. You can also describe the feeling that one gets when one travels and how travel is often associated with breaks and getaways. The conclusion of the essay must be about the importance of travelling and how it can change a person altogether.
Travel and Wanderlust Quotes
There are many quotes and popular sayings about travel. In your essay, you must use quotes where they seem relevant. This will beautify the essay and make it impressive. The quotes need to be added in an organic manner where they seem organic and complement the purpose of the writing. Do not overstuff the essay with quotes as it will only seem bad. You can do so while making a point and justifying it. Here are a few sayings about Travel that you can refer to while writing your essay:
- The gladdest moment in human life, methinks, is a departure into unknown lands ~ Sir Richard Burton
- Life is a magical journey, so travel endlessly to unfold its profound and heart touching beauty ~ Debasish Mridha
- Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all of one’s lifetime ~ Mark Twain
- The real home of man is not his house but the road. Life itself is a travel that has to be done by foot ~ Bruce Chitin
- And at the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy, and your eyes sparkling ~ Shanti
- Look for chances to take the less-traveled roads. There are no wrong turns ~ Susan Magsamen
- I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world ~ Mary Anne Radmacher
- With age, comes wisdom. With travel, comes understanding ~ Sandra Lake
- I travel to be replenished with beauty, for travel makes the beauty of this world seem like a Christmas that never ends ~ Carew Papritz
- You must go on adventures to find out where you belong ~ Sue Fitzmaurice
- Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing ~ Dr. Seuss
- Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Live your life by a compass, not a clock ~ Stephen Covey
- Life is about the adventures you take and the memories you make. So travel often and live life with open eyes and an open heart ~ Katie Grissom
- If you think adventures are dangerous, try routine: It’s Lethal ~ Paulo Coelho
- A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step ~ Lao Tzu
- Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path, and leave a trail ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- There’s something about arriving in new cities and wandering empty streets with no destination. I will never lose the love for the arriving, but I’m born to leave ~ Charlotte Eriksson
- To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted ~ Bill Bryson
“Travel” Sample Essay
One of the most romantically advocated ideas in the world is travelling. The idea to travel and explore the world is surely a dream, desire, and also luxury. People who have the opportunity to travel and wander get different exposure for a distinctive reason. It is also a break or a getaway. Travelling can be done for various purposes and through multiple mediums.
There are different kinds of travel. One can travel due to a family or informal occasion or for a formal one, particularly office work. There is different kind of travel, the one that is for no reason. These are of the best kinds where the only purpose is to enjoy and find solstice in the unknown and unexposed parts of the world. Travel ignites the feeling of wanderlust in such cases.
Travelling can be done through various mediums. One can travel using a flight, ship, train, bus, personal vehicle, and even by foot. There are also travel allowances that are offered to many people at various firms as it acts as a break and helps in refreshing the mind. Being able to have time off and take pleasure in unprecedented situations is highly healthy for mental health.
Travelling is fun and highly enjoyable and just as Terry Pratchett once mentioned, “Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from, with new eyes and extra colours. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving”.