TS Rythu Bandhu Status రైతుబంధు పథకం: Agriculture is the prominent occupation of the citizens of Telangana but the income of the farmers from agriculture in the state is under stress due to various reasons. The rate of farmers’ indebtedness is quite high here as compared to other states. However, Governments often talk about providing loan waiver schemes to provide relief to the farmers but such schemes do not provide complete relief to the farmers. We have compiled this article exclusively for providing each and every piece of information about the Rythu Bandhu Scheme to our readers. Moving ahead in this article, you will find details about the feature of this scheme, its advantages, application process, eligibility, Rythu Bandhu status, Rythu Bandhu Scheme Farmers List, mobile app, and other related details.
As a result of low productivity, low investment, and frequently occurring situations of droughts in the state, Telangana farmers suffer a lot. To cop with this situation, they ultimately have to land up to the doors of the private moneylenders of the village and this is how farmers fall under the dept. trap. Investment is the key element in agriculture to boost the productivity, income and financial condition of the farmers. As the farmers in Telangana State are not well to do they do not have enough agriculture aids and resources to enhance their productivity.
To ensure the social security of the farmers and to provide them with investment support, the state government came up with the idea of providing financial support to boost their agricultural productivity by launching an agriculture scheme. This scheme was named “Rythu Bandhu” and it is currently active in the state The scheme has been introduced to provide agriculture investment support to the farmers of Telangana state.
Telangana Rythu Bandhu Status 2022
Telangana Rythu Bandhu scheme for providing farm assistance to the farmers was launched on 10th May 2018 at Dharmarajpalli village of Karimnagar district of Telangana State. It was implemented in the state by the Agriculture Department of Telangana Govt. which was assisted and coordinated by the Revenue Department of the state government.
Rythu Bandhu Scheme 2022- Quick Overview
|Name of the scheme||Raithu Bandhu Scheme రైతుబంధు పథకం|
|Type of scheme||State Level Agrarian Scheme|
|Concerned Department||Agriculture Department in association with Revenue Department, Government of Telangana|
|Date of launch||10th May 2018|
|Purpose||Agriculture Investment Support to Farmers of Telangana|
|Beneficiary||Farmers of Telangana State|
|Distribution of 1st instalment (for Kharif crop season for 2020)||22nd June 2020|
|Distribution of 2nd instalment (for Rabi crop season for 2020)||28th December 2020 to 7th January 2021|
|Financial Help Provided||Rs.5000/- per acre per farmer per crop season (Rabi and Kharif) i.e. A total of Rs.10000/- per year|
|Mode of disbursement of fund||Through Cheque|
Salient Features of TS Rythu Bandhu Scheme
- Rythu Bandhu scheme is a state-funded scheme and hence is only meant for the farmers of Telangana state only.
- It is the only farmer’s investment support scheme in India where the cash incentive is directly paid to the farmers.
- Under this scheme, farmers are provided direct benefits twice a year.
- Under this scheme, an agriculture incentive support of Rs.5000/- is provided before the sowing of two crop seasons (i.e. for Rabi and Kharif crops) to each farmer.
- The fund allocated to each farmer is directly distributed to the farmers through cheques.
- With the help of financial support, farmers can purchase agricultural inputs like seeds, fertilizers, and other inputs for each crop season. This will help them to increase their yield and income.
- As the benefit is distributed to farmers before the beginning of the two crop seasons, the first installment has been already distributed in June.
Benefits of Telangana Rythu Bandhu Scheme
- Rythu Bandhu scheme helps farmers to invest in agriculture so that they can increase their yield and improve their financial condition.
- Farmers will become self-sufficient and will not approach money lenders.
- With the financial support, farmers will have enough funds to invest in agriculture and this will save them from falling into the debt trap.
- This scheme helps in decreasing the rate of farmer indebtedness in the state and that will also reduce the cases of farmer suicide.
- All the farmers who own land in the state come under the purview of this scheme.
- There is not any cap on the size of the land but wealthy farmers are not going to get the benefit under this scheme.
- All the beneficiary farmers should be permanent residents of Telangana state.
- The farmer should not be a government servant or working in a private firm.
- This scheme is meant only for the small and marginal farmers and all commercial farmers are excluded from this scheme.
- Farmers with rented land are also not eligible.
- Pattadar farmers who are registered under Forest Rights Record are also eligible for this scheme.
All the farmers who wish to get benefits under this scheme need to have the following documents with them-
- Aadhar card
- Voter ID card
- Pan card
- Bank account details/ Bank passbook
- Address/ Residential proof
- BPL certificate
- Land ownership papers
- Pattadar Passbook
- Caste Certificate
Telangana Raithu Bandhu Scheme- Statistics
Check the statistics (as on Dec 2020) for the Raithu Bandhu Investment scheme given in this section-
|Total No. of Districts||32|
|Total No. of Divisions||108|
|Total No. of Mandals||568|
|Total No. of Clusters||2245|
|Total No. of Villages||10874|
|Total No. of Farmers||5715870|
How to Check Rythu Bandhu Scheme Payment Status?
If you are wondering how can you check Rythu Bandhu రైతుబంధు పథకం Scheme Payment scheme then you do not need to worry as here in this section you are going to get all related information. Check step-wise process to track the payment status for Rythu Bandhu Scheme online shared as under-
Step 1- Visit the official portal of the Directorate of Treasuries and Accounts i.e. https://treasury.telangana.gov.in.
Step 2- Now, click on the “Rythubandhu Scheme Rabi Details” tab given on the homepage of the portal.
Step 3- Now, select the year and enter the PPB Number in the respective space. Click on submit tab.
Step 4- Finally, status details will appear on the screen. Check the status and save it for reference.
Step 1- Visit https://treasury.telangana.gov.in.
Step 2- Click on the “Ekuber” tab on the menu bar.
Step 3- Select the “All scheme details” option from the dropdown menu.
Step 4- Select the year and type of scheme. Now enter the PPB No. and proceed further.
Step 5- Rythu Bandhu’s payment status will display on the screen.
Apart from the aforesaid portal, farmers can also check their status using ifmis.telangana.gov.in.
NOTE- The links mentioned above might not show status currently but as soon as disbursement of payment will be initiated, the payment status will start showing.
Rythu Bandhu Scheme Farmers List 2022
There are currently, 5715870 farmers who have benefited under this scheme. It is expected that after the transfer of funds to the farmers, a list of beneficiary farmers is released. you can access this list on the official portal of the Rythu Bandhu Scheme. Till then you can check the district-wise count of farmers under this scheme given below-
|Kumuram Bheem (Asifabad)||91812|
For more information and to check the farmer’s list, you can check the official portal. The link for the official portal can be accessed in this article below.
If you have any complaints, you can also visit the IGRS Telangana portal for enquiry.
How to View Cheque Distribution Venue Schedule?
Farmers who are identified as a beneficiary under this scheme are provided with the cheque. These cheques are distributed by the person appointed at the district level by the State government. A specified venue and timing of cheque distribution are communicated to the farmers.
Using the official portal of Rythu Bandhu, beneficiary farmers can also access the venue and schedule cheque distribution. The simple steps shared below will help farmers to view the cheque distribution venue schedule. Have a quick look-
- Open the Rythu Bandhu Scheme portal.
- Click on “Cheque Distribution Venue Schedule” on the homepage of the portal.
- Now, select district and Mandal from the drop-down menu.
- On selecting an option, serial-wise details for the selected district will appear.
- Check the date and venue from the list.
- After checking the date and venue be present on time for the distribution of the cheque.
List of Participating Banks
Check the list of participating banks and respective Mandal counts shared in the table below-
|Name of the Bank||Mandal Count|
|State Bank of India||3398430|
|Indian Overseas Bank||601562|
|AP Grameena Vikas Bank||1323887|
|Telangana Grameena Bank||945170|
If you don’t have Telangana Voter ID Card, you can apply here.
The scheme was launched on 10th May 2018.
The main purpose of this scheme is to provide agricultural incentive support to the farmers of the state so they can purchase inputs for agriculture such as seeds, pesticides, farming equipment etc. to enhance productivity as well as their income.
Yes, http://rythubandhu.telangana.gov.in/ is the official portal for Rythu Bandhu Scheme. For any detail or update about the scheme, farmers can visit this portal.
The benefit is disbursed through cheques to the beneficiary farmers in each district of the state.
No, this scheme is not for commercial farmers.