Telangana Voter ID Card: The voter id card is an essential document for all the citizens of the country. As soon as a permanent citizen of India turns 18 years old he/she becomes eligible to cast the vote to choose the government. The constitution of India gives the right to every adult citizen to vote in elections for every constitutional post in their area. It is a must for the people of the country to have a voter id card. In case any person is not having a voter id card then it’s his right to apply for one once he reaches that age.
The Election Commission of India ensures that every adult person in India has a voter id card. The department releases notifications from time to time to make people aware of it. The voter id card is the key that lets you use your biggest constitutional right of choosing the government. So it is a must to have a voter id and to use it. This page has detailed information about the Telangana voter ID card.
Like all other states, it is a must to have a voter id card in Telangana to cast your vote for any local or national election. It is the citizens’ responsibility to apply for a voter id card to get one. The voter id card not only allows the voters to vote for any election but also works as an id card that is acceptable pan India. So if you are a permanent resident of Telangana and an adult then scroll down the page to know how can you apply for a TS voter id card.
Why Telangana Voter Id Card is Important
Before moving to the main content of how to get a voter id card in Telegana first let’s understand how this document is a must for you. A voter id card is released by the Election Commission of India. Having this document is a must for all eligible Indians. If you are 18 years or older than this but you don’t have a voter id card then you will not be able to cast your vote. This card will also work as a photo id card for you. When we talk about casting the vote then the voters can cast a vote in their state and their wards only. The card is acceptable as an id card all over India but it gives you voting rights only in your area.
How to check your name on Telegana Voter List
The people of Telangana India can search for their names on the voter list online mode. The election commission of India has uploaded all the information about users irrespective of the state on its portal. Now it has become as easy as a cakewalk to check the name of a person on the list. Here we have compiled the steps to know if your name is on the voter list of your area or not.
Step 1: Visit the website of Chief Electoral Officer Telangana at https://ceotelangana.nic.in/
Step 2: On the home page of the website you will find the following six options;
Step 3: Click on search your name in Voter List.
Step 4: A new web page will appear on the screen where you will have to enter basic information about yourself and then click on the search button. You will have to provide the following information to this page;
Step 5: If your name is on the list then it will appear on the screen else you will have to apply for a voter id card.
People of Telangana can also check their names on the voter list through SMS. For this they will have to select through SMS option and follow the below-mentioned procedure;
How to Apply for a Voter ID Card
If you belong to Telegana and don’t find your name on the voters’ list then you must apply for it online. Here are the steps that you need to follow to apply for a Telangana Voter ID card;
Subscribe to our FREE e-Newsletter for Daily Updates.
Govt Jobs Opening, Results & Online Earning Opportunities.
Step 1: First of all visit the official website of Chief Electoral Officer Telangana. The website can be reached @ https://ceotelangana.nic.in/
Step 2: Click on the Online Voter Registration button and the following page will appear on the screen;
Step 3: Login on the page and then click on Registration for the new elector option given at the top of the list. To login on to the website, you will have to click on the login button given at the top of the page.
Step 4: A new page will appear on the screen. Here you can log in if you have a username and password else you can create one by clicking on the ‘Don’t have an account option.
Step 5: Now log on op the page and fill the application form available for a new elector. Upload the required documents as your age and address proof and submit the application.
How to Apply for Telangana Voter ID Card Offline?
Sending the application to apply for the voter id online is an easy and hassle-free way to get it. But if you cannot apply online to get a voter id card then you also have an option to apply for it in offline mode. The process to apply for the voter id card in offline mode is as easy as it is in online mode. Follow the below-mentioned instructions to apply for the voter id card offline;
- As you are applying in offline mode so you will have to visit the electoral office first. From here you will have to collect Form 6 to add your name in the voter list of your area.
- Fill out the form with all the details and enclosed the documents to prove everything you have mentioned on it. Submit the filled form to the same office and collect a reference number.
- The Booth Level Officer of your area will visit the address you have mentioned in the application of a voter id card to verify all the details provided by you.
- After the verification, your voter id will be processed and you will get it via post to the address which you have mentioned in form 16.
If the applicant wants he/she can check the status of the voter id card online. For this, he/she has to give the reference number to the website of Telegana electoral and the status of the voter id card will appear on the screen.
Documents required to apply for a Voter Id card in Telangana
You will need the following documents to apply for the voter id card in Telangana in online and offline both modes;
- A recently clicked passport-size photograph
- Age Proof like birth certificate, mark sheet of class 10th, Scholl certificate, etc.
- Address Proof like driving license, ration card, Aadhar Card, etc.
How to Check the Status of the Application?
Those who have applied for a new voter id card can also check its status online. The official website of the Election commission Telegana has this option to check the status of voter id applications online. For this you will have to follow the below-mentioned instructions;
- Visit the website of the Election commission Telegana. The address of the same is given above.
- Click on the E-Registration menu and a drop-down list will appear. Click on the ‘Assembly Constituency’ option from the list.
- Here you will find the ‘Know Your Status’ option. Click on it and you will have to provide either the application ID or the house number which you have mentioned in the address.
- On the Submission of the information, you will see the status of your application for a voter id card.
How To Download Telangana Voter ID Card
When you apply for a voter id card either in online or offline mode the department sends you the voter id card via post. But if you want then you can also download it online as well. Telangana National Voter’s Service Portal has the option to provide a soft copy of the voter id card to the applicants. Only those candidates can get voter id cards from the website of Telegana National Voter’s Service who have recently applied for it.
Step 1: Visit the website of the Telangana election commission.
Step 2: Click on the icon of the Voter Portal.
Step 3: A new page will appear on the screen. You can add all the asked information on this page. It will ask you for the following information;
Step 4: Click o Download button to get the voter id slip. It will work as your voter id card.
How to change the address in Voter ID Card Telangana?
In case of an address change, the electors will have to intimate the department. Here is the process to update the change in address if the voter has shifted from the same city to another;
- Visit the website of the Chief Electoral Officer, Telangana. Click on the ‘E-registration’ tab given on the home page.
- Here you will have to choose the option of ‘Assembly Constituency. A list will appear on the screen, choose ‘Form 8-A’ from here.
- Fill out the form with all the details and new address. You will have to upload the documents to prove your claim of an address change.
- Step 4: You will get a reference number. If you want then you can check the status of your application online. The department will anyhow send a new voter Id card to your new address.
We have covered almost every topic related to Telangana Voter Id cards here. if we have missed something you can inform us. For this write to us in the comment box given below.