AIMS Portal: AIMS is an online portal of Accounts and Finance Department of Indian Railways. It was implemented in the year 2014 (Introduced in 2013) in Indian Railways to automate the payroll processing and maintaining the financial and personal database of the Railway employees.
Through AIMS portal, Railway employees get easy access to all their personal and financial data. They can view their personal details like Salary, initiate downloading of Payslip, Provident Fund (PF), IT (Income Tax) projections with ease in a single portal. In order to get the access of all the aforesaid employee data, each employee is required to register on the portal.
Indian Railway is one of the longest railway networks in the world and it would not be wrong if we say that it Indian Railway is the life-line of the country. Indian Railways is providing its transportation services to each and every part of the country since a long time. It is not only providing transportation services but also the biggest employers in the country providing occupation to lakhs of people. Finance and Account department of Indian Railways is the key department that plays a significant role in rendering all the activities pertaining to railway accounting, employees, payrolls, finances etc.
To keep the Railway employees and accounting system in pace, an online system was introduced to the finance department. This system is known as Accounting Information Management System (AIMS). This portal is primarily aimed to benefit the employees of Indian Railways.
AIMS Portal at a Glance
Take a quick look at the glimpses of AIMS portal given in the table below-
|Name of the Portal||Accounting Information Management System (AIMS) portal|
|Formally known as||Integrated Payroll and Accounting System (IPAS)|
|Introduced in||November 2013|
|Department Concerned||Accounts and Finance Department, Indian Railways|
|Employee service portal||Railway Employee Self Service (RESS)|
|Mobile Application||Yes (Railway Employee Self Service (RESS) Android Application)|
|AIMS portal Purpose||Digital management of accounting information of Indian Railway employees as well of the department|
|Users||Employees of Indian Railways|
Benefits of Railway AIMS/ IPAS Portal
AIMS or IPAS portal has various benefits. Have a look at the main advantages of this online portal for railway employees given below-
AIMS portal has made all the personal information and data of railway employees just a click away from them. Whenever they want to check their employee details in the portal they can login and access the information.
How to use AIMS Portal?
To avail benefits of AIMS portal, employees/users must have login access to it. To get the login access, they have to register themselves in the portal. The complete process for registration in AIMS portal is mentioned in this section but before that have a quick look at the important details shared below required for registration-
-Date of Birth
– Employee picture
– various other details of employee.
Check the step-by-step process shared below to access the AIMS portal –
- Step 1- Go to the official AIMS portal first. The link to portal is provided at the end of the article.
- Step 2- Now on the homepage of the Railway portal, click on AIMS link as shown in the picture.
- Step 3- A login page will appear. Enter the user name and password. Click on “Submit” tab and proceed further.
- Step 4- After successful login, you can check/update any of the information in the portal such as Employee data, leave, salary, loan, pay, NPS etc.
A normal user can perform following roles in payroll module of the portal-
How to Recover Forgotten Password in AIMS Portal?
In case employee forget their password and they wish to access the online portal and are not able to login the portal they can recover the password. They can follow the simple steps shared below to retrieve the password-
- Start by visiting the official portal of AIMS.
- Click on “Forgot Password” option given on the Login Page.
- Now, enter the User ID, registered mobile no. and Date of Birth of the user in the given space.
- After entering the details, click on the “Submit” button.
- Now, the verification of all the details already present with Registered Data will be done and a new password will be generated. The regenerated password will be sent to user’s registered mobile number.
- Now, users have to enter this password in the space asked.
- After the verification, it will set as the New Password for user login.
- Finally, new welcome page will open on the screen and you can login with the new password .
RESS and Guidelines of Using RESS
RESS i.e. Railway Employee Self Service provided under the AIMS portal. Using this facility, railway employee can get all the services and information on this portal. Check out the registration details and important details about RESS below-
Registration on RESS portal-
Users need to keep the following two points in mind before registration. These are-
(a)– Mobile No. and Date of birth of the user are updated in IPAS and this permission of updating is with Pay Bill Clerks.(b)– The initial password for registration is send to the designated number of the user and the consent of the user is required. For this, user have to send an SMS to the specified number (i.e. 08860622020). This is a one time exercise that every user have to practice for registration on mobile app.
Step 1- User have to text “SMS START” and have to send it to 08860622020.
Step 2- Once the number will get registered and user gets the initial password, open the AIMS portal and click on “Employee Self Service” link.
Step 3- Now click on “New Registration” link.
Step 4- Enter Employee Number, Mobile No., and Date of Birth and click on “Submit” tab.
Step 4- After verification, user will get registered. Candidates have to enter by the login details and finally homepage of RESS will appear.
After successful registration, user can fill the further details and access the required information on the portal .
How to download RESS Salary Slip/ Pay Slip?
RESS Salary slip can be downloaded from RESS portal and also from RESS mobile App. The following steps can be followed to download the pay slip using online portal or android app-
RESS Salary Slip download using online portal–
- Open the official RESS portal i.e. https://aims.indianrailways.gov.in/mAIMS.
- On official portal, login using employee number and password.
- Click on SALARY option and following options will appear- (Salary / Yearly Summary / Supplementary Income)
- Click on the option as per your requirement-
- Salary options will allow you to download the payslip of the selected month.
- Yearly Summary option will you to download pay details of a particular Financial Year.
- After selecting the respective option, submit the required details and proceed further.
- Complete details as per selected option will appear.
- Last download the Payslip in the PDF format. If you wish you can also print it as per your requirement.
RESS Salary Slip download using Mobile App-
- Open RESS Application first on the mobile.
- Login to the App with the valid login details.
- Now, verify the details i.e. name and employee no.
- Hit “Salary” link.
- Select among Monthly/Yearly/ Supplementary options (as explained above).
- Choose Year & Month from the drop down option.
- Now, click on submit tab.
- Salary details will open for selected option. Check the details.
- Lastly, download the salary slip pdf for reference.
AIMS RESS Mobile Application
RESS (Railway Employee Self Service) mobile application is also available. Android mobile users can easily download this app and use the service without visiting the official portal. The process to check the app can be viewed below-
How to download and use RESS mobile application?
Have a quick look at the step by step procedure shared below to download and use the RESS mobile application shared as under-
Downloading of RESS mobile App-
It is an android app and android mobile users can easily download it from the Google Play Store. They just have to search RESS in the search option. After that they have to install the app.
Registration on RESS App:-
After successful installation of mobile application, users need to register themselves. The registration process is as follows-
Step 1– Open the installed app. The first step is same as mentioned above for registration in RESS portal.
Step 2- Click on the “New Registration” link in the App.
Step 3- Enter details like Employee No., Mobile No. & Date of birth in the space provided.
Step 4- Verification code will be sent to the user registered number.
Step 5- Fill the verification code in the space provided.
Step 6- Finally registration will be complete. The verification code will be the login password for user.
Once users (registered railway employees) have registered in the app, they can view following information in it-
- User Bio-data (i.e. Personal details, pay related, Job related info)
- Can download payslip in pdf format.
- Monthly, Yearly Summary salary details
- Family details
- Supplementary payments (Financial Year wise)
- Leave Balances (LAP and LHAP)
- PF ledger and also last PF withdrawal Application
- Income Tax projections & deductions
- All the NPS recoveries during a FY
- Details of Loans & Advances
- Other details like OT, TA,NHA, NDA, KMA, CEA (Child Education Allowance) etc.
Procedure to Check Supplier’s Bill Status
Employees can also check supplier’s bill status through this portal. To check the bill status report, follow the given steps-
- Open the AIMS portal.
- Click on “Supplier’s Bill Status” tab on the homepage.
- Now, select the Railway and date from the drop down menu.
- Finally, the status for selected particulars will appear on the screen.
Also Read- RRB Recruitment 2020
AIMS IMPORTANT LINKS
|AIMS Login||Click Here|
|AIMS Manual||Click Here|
|Railway Employee Self Service Login||Click Here|
|RESS mobile App Download||Click Here|
|Supplier’s Bill Status Report||Click Here|
AIMS portal was launched in November 2013.
The main purpose behind the implementation of this portal is digitalization and automation of all the financial work, payroll processing and other related tasks of employees of Indian Railways.
Yes, India Railways also has released an android mobile application which can be downloaded from play store or from the link shared in this article.
Details like Employee Bio data, Salary, PF, Loans & Advances and Income Tax can be accessed from the AIMS portal.
Yes, employees can edit their profile after registration. They can edit their mobile number, password and image in the online portal.
Employees can also check and download their pay slips from AIMS portal or RESS mobile application by using the login details. The complete procedure to download the pay slip can be checked in the article.
To ensure that this, you can check your login history. To avoid the unauthorized use of your account, do not share your user ID and password, other personal information such as bank account details, OTP with anyone (not even on phone, email or sms).
No, both have different login id and password.