PM SHRI Scheme: On 5 September 2022, the Union Cabinet approved the PM SHRI Scheme. This scheme entirely stands in favour and progression of the growth of schools. The Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi introduced this scheme. He announced this scheme on the occasion of Teacher’s Day. This scheme will work perfectly in balance with National Education Policy. The Government of India will focus and the holistic degradation of schools under this scheme.
The Prime Minister of India truly believes that through this scheme, lakhs of students across the nation will be benefitted. The schools governed by the Centre, State, Union Territories and local bodies will be positively impacted through the Pradhan Mantri Schools For Rising India PM-SHRI scheme 2022. Read all the details pertaining to the recently announced scheme for the welfare of School Education in India in the following article.
PM SHRI Scheme 2022
The Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi recently announced a new scheme. This announcement flashed on the occasion of Teacher’s Day 2022. The Union Cabinet successfully approved the scheme and it is anticipated that the work on this initiative will commence soon in practicality. This manoeuvre of the Indian Government will lead to the educational and infrastructural development of the Schools in India. The institutions which are backed by the Government will be impacted positively through this scheme.
Reportedly, there are 14,500 schools that shall receive benefits from this scheme. All the students studying in such schools will be entitled to get a modern and transformed education. The prime aim of the scheme will be to ensure that the schools first into the typical structure of a Model School. The Government of India is gradually implementing the National Education Policy NEP 2022 at various levels. The development of the schools through the PM SHRI Scheme will prove to be in accordance with and supportive of the NEP.
PM SHRI Scheme 2022: Highlights
|Name of the Scheme||Pradhan Mantri Schools For Rising India PM SHRI Scheme|
|Announced By||Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi|
|Approved By||Union Cabinet|
|Introduction Date||5 September 2022|
|In Accordance With||National Education Policy NEP 2022|
|Number of Schools to Cover||14,500|
|Check||PM Shri Portal|
Benefits of the PM-SHRI Scheme for School Welfare
The following benefits will be reportedly obtained through the Pradhan Mantri Schools For Rising India Scheme:
- The Central Government will encapsulate the full spirit of NEP and help in the growth of existing schools into the idea of a Model School.
- The Centre will focus on the evolution of the present education system into a discovery-oriented, learning-centric way of teaching under this scheme.
- The infrastructure will upgrade with the implementation of this scheme in 14,500 schools in the country. The scheme promotes modern infrastructural growth which promulgates the latest educational technology, smart classrooms, sports and more.
- The schools will be equipped with laboratories, smart classrooms, libraries, sports equipment, and art rooms.
- The Government is also seeking to introduce an organic lifestyle by encouraging the development of schools into green schools which shall incorporate water conservation techniques, waste recycling ideas, the addition of energy-efficient infrastructure functions and integration of the organically supportive modus operandi.
- The schools will focus on the holistic growth of students while preserving and promoting the profound evolution of their diverse backgrounds, multilingual needs and different academic abilities.
- The Students and School authorities will be entirely equipped to get into the educational activities completely following the envisage through the National Education Policy NEP 2022.
- The scheme ensures that the students are provided with a high-quality education in an equitable, inclusive and effervescent school environment.
Implementation of the Scheme
The implementation work of the scheme will commence soon. Since the scheme is a Central Government endeavour, the Centre would be mostly funding the development and upgradation of the institutions. The State and Central Governments will come together in order to make a difference in the infrastructure and learning concepts of each of the 14,500 schools which are to be impacted by this scheme.
The Union Government will be contributing 60% of the funds for the evolution of the schools. The remaining funds will be provided by the respective States and Union Territories. It is anticipated that in the case of North Eastern States, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, and Jammu and Kashmir, the Central Government might bear up to 90% of the expenditure required by this scheme.
The IPM Shri Scheme was announced on 5 September 2022 by the Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi.
The full form of PM-SHRI is Pradhan Mantri Schools For Rising India.
A total of 14,500 across the nation will benefit from the Pradhan Mantri Schools For Rising India Scheme.
Yes, the development and degradation of the Schools under the PM SHRI scheme will proceed in a manner that the institutions support and are able to function according to the requirements of National Education Policy NEP 2022.