Amma Vodi Scheme: – Jagananna Amma Vodi (అమ్మ ఒడి) Apply Application Lakhs of people who belong to BPL (below the poverty line) in Andhra Pradesh were eagerly waiting for the scheme “Amma Vodi Scheme” which was proposed by the Jagan Mohan Reddy in their Manifesto. After winning the election CM Jagan Mohan Reddy has given the green signal to the “Amma Vodi Scheme and sanctioned an order to implement the scheme from 26th of January 2020 (Republic Day).
“Jagananna Amma Vodi Scheme” was launched in the first Cabinet Meeting headed by Chief Minister of YS Jagan Mohan Reddy. This scheme is a part of their election agenda and they introduce this in their manifesto. The main motive of this scheme is to reduce the illiteracy rate in the state. Under this scheme, families who are living below the poverty line can apply and will get 15000/- per annum for their ward.
What is AP “AMMA VODI SCHEME” and Who Can Avail its Benefit?
Andhra Pradesh chief minister YSR Jagan Mohan Reddy has initiated the “Amma Modi Scheme” to empower education in the state. He introduced this scheme to remember her father “YS Raja Sekhar Reddy’s”. This scheme was in their manifesto as the name of “Navratanalu”
Now, all of you want to know why this scheme is so prevalent in Andhra Pradesh. We are going to tell you about all of this. Under this “amma vodi scheme” the State Government will give Rs.15000/- a year through cheque to the Mothers and Guardians who send their children to school. For this scheme, the family must be a native of Andhra Pradesh state.
All mothers or recognized guardians who belong to the BPL family having white Ration Card send their children who are studying between class 1 to class 12 to any recognized institution, including Government, private schools and junior colleges, residential schools, and colleges in the state which comes under this “amma vodi Scheme”. The main motto of this scheme is to Promote the literacy rate in the state so that not a single child is left illiterate. This issue is also discussed by the government in their National Education Policy.
Key points of AP “Amma Vodi Scheme”
|Scheme Introduced By
|CM YSR Jagan Mohan Reddy
|Name of scheme
|Amma Vodi Scheme 2021
|Date of proposed
|10th of June 2019
|Scheme will be Monitored By
|AP Education Department
|Date on which scheme will be implemented
|9th January 2020
|Mode of application
|Students studying in government and private aided/unaided schools(BPL)
|Benefits of Scheme
|15000 Rs will be granted to the beneficiary mother /guardian
|Total number of beneficiaries
|Session 2019-2020: 43,54,600/-
|The scheme was granted to
|Poor children of private /government schools
|Scheme launched in
Mothers or guardians who are benefitting from this scheme should ensure that his /her children should maintain 75% attendance. Officials under this scheme at the district level started shortlisting beneficiaries who come under the scheme and most probably, the first comprehensive list of beneficiaries who come under Amma Vodi will be announced on the 26th December.
For this, the User IDs and Passwords were given to the Principal of Government and Private schools to upload the details of students in the online portal after checking their attendance. Details required are the aadhar number of both the student and his mother and mother’s bank details with the IFSC code.
There is a deadline for schools to submit their data. Schools whose strength is less than 100 should submit the details before the 25th of November, and schools whose strengths are between 100 and 300 should submit the details on the 26th of November. While schools whose strengths are more than 300 their deadline is 27th November. However, there are some school management who are saying that this deadline should be increased because they cannot collect data on a single day for a whole academic year it requires time.
Presently, there are 44,400 government colleges working in the state, and 37.03 lakh children are studying and gaining education in government schools.
“Amma Vodi” Eligibility Criteria
Those beneficiaries who satisfy the “amma vodi scheme” can apply for the scheme:
- According to the rule, the mother and the Guardian should belong to the BPL family.
- The family should have a white ration card.
- They should have a valid aadhaar card or voter ID.
- Students of the beneficiary must be studying in class 1st to 12th in government or in private aided and private unaided schools/ Jr. colleges including residential schools /colleges in the state from the current Academic year.
- Mother or guardians must ensure that his/her children must have 75% attendance in his school.
- Parents and children should be citizens of Andhra Pradesh.
- If the child discontinues the study in middle of the session of academic year then he/she will not be able to avail benefits of the scheme.
- State or central government employees are not eligible for this scheme.
What if you don’t have aadhaar or ration card?
If you don’t have a white ration card and aadhar card, then the village or ward volunteer will certify you as eligible. After going through a six-stage filtration process, your details will be forwarded to the Mandal education officer.
Benefits of AP Amma Vodi scheme
- This scheme will encourage poor families to send their children to schools and get an excellent education to stand tall in society.
- To provide financial assistance who are below the poverty line and help their children to get access to higher education.
- To eradicate child labour in the entire state, educate the coming generation, and raise them towards a better-educated society.
- Assistance of Rs 15000/- will be provided each year.
- The amount will be directly credited to the Mother’s or Guardians’ account.
- This scheme will help to increase the literacy rate in the state.
- BPL category students are also able to get an education.
- This will promote education among children and reduce the dropout rate in the state. Who left their study due to financial problems?
- In case a student discontinues his education during the academic year, then the benefit for the academic year will not be granted to the beneficiary.
Some Mandatory Documents Required
The government laid down some rules and criteria under the eligibility of this “amma vodi scheme”:
- The applicant must have a valid Aadhar card.
- He should have a white Ration Card issued by the government.
- Address Proof (eg. Voter id card, aadhar card, electricity bill, etc)
- Name of the school where the children are studying.
- Bank account details (mother or Guardian)
- Mother’s Passport size photo.
- School identity card (to confirm whether the student is part of that school or not)
How to Apply for the AP “Amma Vodi Scheme”?
For this, you have to visit the official website of the AP government to download the application form.
- After downloading the form take a printout of it.
- Affix children’s new passport size photo in it.
- After filling the form with all the necessary details
- Attached the required documents with it and,
- Submit the filled form to the nearest office or,
- You can submit it online through the official portal ap.gov.in
Note: Before submitting the form check all the necessary details whether they are correctly filled or not.
How to check Child Details Under AP Amma Vodi Scheme?
Now it’s been so easy for all the parents whose child registered under the scheme. Now they can check the details of their child whether their status, payment was released or not, and other information. For details, you just need to perform a few steps, which we have given below.
- First of all visit the official website of amma vodi scheme (link given below)
- Now, on the portal’s home page, you may find a link to search details of your child under amma vodi scheme.
- After clicking the same you need to enter aadhaar number.
- After submitting the same your child data will be available to you.
Who introduced the “amma vodi scheme”?
It was was introduced by YSR Jagan Reddy Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh.
What’s the scheme about?
Family who live Below the Poverty Line can send their children who are studying in class 1st to 12th will get financial aid from the government. It is provisioned that the mothers will get financial aid annually as financial assistance so that they can send their wards to school.
What amount will a family get under amma vodi scheme?
15000/- per annum
How to apply for the Amma Vodi Scheme?
You can apply for this scheme online or offline through the government portal.
List of documents required for Amma Vodi scheme.
Documents like white ration card, student school identity card, aadhar card, address proof, name of school, mother’s passport size photo.
Are there any attendance criteria in the Amma Vodi scheme?
Yes, children should have 75% attendance in an academic year.
What if a ward discontinues his school in the middle of the academic year?
If children discontinue their school, then they will not be part of this amma vodi scheme and will not be granted money.
What if someone doesn’t have aadhaar or white ration card?
In this case, the village or ward volunteer will certify you as eligible and after a six-stage filtration process, your details will be forwarded to the mandal education officer.