Amma Vodi Scheme: – Jagananna Amma Vodi (అమ్మ ఒడి) Apply Application Lakhs of people who belong to BPL (below the poverty line) in Andhra Pradesh were eagerly waiting for the scheme “Amma Vodi Scheme” which was proposed by the Jagan Mohan Reddy in their Manifesto before Election. Now After winning the election CM Jagan Mohan Reddy has given the green signal to the “Amma Vodi Scheme and sanctioned an order to implement the scheme from 26th of January 2020 (Republic day).
“Jagananna Amma vodi scheme” was launched in the first Cabinet Meeting which was headed by Chief Minister of YS Jagan Mohan Reddy. This scheme is a part of their election agenda and they introduce this in their manifesto. The main motive of this scheme is to reduce the illiteracy rate in the state. Under this scheme, families who are living below the poverty line can apply and will get 15000/- per annum for their ward.
What is AP “AMMA VODI SCHEME” and Who Can Avail its Benefit?
Andhra Pradesh chief minister YSR Jagan Mohan Reddy has initiated the “Amma Modi Scheme” to empower education in the state. He introduced this scheme in remembrance of her father “YS Raja Sekhar Reddy’s”. This scheme was in their manifesto as the name of “Navratanalu”
Now all of you want to know why this scheme is so popular in Andhra Pradesh. we are going to tell you about all of this. Under this “amma vodi scheme” the State Government will give Rs.15000/- a year through cheque to the Mother and Guardian who will send their children to school. For this scheme, family must be a native citizen of Andhra Pradesh state.
All mothers or recognized guardians who belong to the BPL family having white Ration Card send their children who are studying between class 1st to class 12th to any recognized institution including Government, private schools and junior colleges, residential schools, and colleges in the state which comes under this “amma vodi Scheme”. The main motto of this scheme is to Promote the literacy rate in the state so that not a single child left illiterate.
Latest Update On AP Amma Vodi Scheme
AP Education Minister while interacting with the media said that the beneficiary list for this session will be available on 16th Dec and if any applicant has any objection with the list can raise their objection till 19th December 2020 and the authority will scrutinize the same from 20th to 24th Dec and the final beneficiary list will release on 26th Dec 2020. He also added that the benefit of the scheme will be credited on 9th Jan 2021.
Key points of AP “Amma Vodi Scheme”
|Scheme Introduced By||CM YSR Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Name of scheme||Amma Vodi Scheme 2021|
|Date of proposed||10th of June 2019|
|Scheme will be Monitored By||AP Education Department|
|Date on which scheme will be implemented||9th January 2020|
|Mode of application||OFFLINE/ONLINE|
|Beneficiary||Students studying in government and private aided/unaided schools(BPL)|
|Benefits of Scheme||15000 Rs will be granted to the beneficiary mother /guardian|
|Total number of beneficiaries||Session 2019-2020: 43,54,600/-|
|The scheme was granted to||Poor children of private /government schools|
|Scheme launched in||Andhra Pradesh|
Mothers or guardians who are benefitting from this scheme should ensure that his /her children should maintain 75% attendance. Officials under this scheme at the district level started shortlisting beneficiaries who come under the scheme and most probably the first comprehensive list of beneficiaries who comes under amma vodi will be announced on the 26th December and the final list will be out on 30th Dec.
For this, the User IDs and Passwords were given to the Principal of Government and Private schools to upload the details of students in the online portal after checking their attendance. Details required are the aadhar number of both student and his mother and mother’s bank details with the IFSC code.
There is a deadline for schools to submit their data. Schools whose strength is less than 100 should submit the details before 25th of November and schools whose strengths are between 100 to 300 submit the details on 26th of November. While schools whose strengths are more than 300 their deadline is 27th November. But there is some school management who are saying that this deadline should be increased because they cannot collect data on a single day for a whole academic year it requires time.
Presently there are 44,400 government colleges are working in the state, and 37.03 lakhs children are studying and gaining education in government schools.
“Amma Vodi” Eligibility Criteria
Those beneficiaries who satisfy the “amma vodi scheme” can apply for the scheme:
- According to the rule, mother and the Guardian should belong to the BPL family
- Family should have a white ration card.
- They should have a valid aadhar card or voter ID.
- Students of the beneficiary must be studying in class 1st to 12th in government or in private aided and private unaided schools/ Jr. colleges including residential schools /colleges in the state from the current Academic year.
- Mother or guardians must ensure that his/her children must have 75% attendance in his school.
- Parents and children should be citizens of Andhra Pradesh.
- If the child discontinues the study in middle of the session of academic year then he/she will not be able to avail benefits of the scheme.
- State or central government employees are not eligible for this scheme.
What if you don’t have aadhar or ration card?
If you don’t have a white ration card and aadhar card, then the village or ward volunteer will certify you as eligible and after a six-stage filtration process, your details will be forwarded to the Mandal education officer. And this whole process should be completed before 30th November.
Benefits of AP Amma Vodi scheme
- This scheme will encourage poor families to send their children to schools and get a good education to stand tall in society.
- It will provide financial assistance to those families who are below the poverty line and help their children to get access to higher education.
- It will kill child labour in the entire state and educate the upcoming generation and give a rise to a better-educated society.
- The beneficiary will get financial assistance of 15000/- Rs per year.
- The amount will be directly credited to the Mother’s or Guardians’ account.
- This scheme will help to increase the literacy rate in the state.
- BPL category students are also able to get an education.
- This will promote education among children and reduce the dropout rate in the state. Who left their study due to financial problems?
- In case a student discontinues his education during the academic year, then the benefit for the academic year will not be granted to the beneficiary.
Some Mandatory Documents Required
The government laid down some rules and criteria under the eligibility of this “amma vodi scheme”:
- The applicant must have a valid Aadhar card.
- He should have a white Ration Card issued by the government.
- Address Proof (eg. Voter id card, aadhar card, electricity bill, etc)
- Name of the school where the children are studying.
- Bank account details (mother or Guardian)
- Mother’s Passport size photo.
- School identity card (to confirm whether the student is part of that school or not)
How to Apply for the AP “Amma Vodi Scheme”?
For this, you have to visit the official website of the AP government to download the application form.
- After downloading the form take a printout of it.
- Affix children’s new passport size photo in it.
- After filling the form with all the necessary details
- Attached the required documents with it and,
- Submit the filled form to the nearest office or,
- You can submit it online through the official portal ap.gov.in
Note: Before submitting the form check all the necessary details whether they are correctly filled or not.
How to check Child Details Under AP Amma Vodi Scheme?
Now it’s been so easy for all the parents whose child registered under the scheme to check the details of their child whether their status, payment was released or not, and other information. For details, you just need to perform few steps which we have given below.
First of all visit the official website of amma vodi scheme (link given below)
Now on the home page of the portal, you may find a link to search details of your child under amma vodi scheme.
After clicking the same you need to enter aadhaar number.
After submitting the same your child data will be available to you.
This scheme was introduced by YSR Jagan Reddy Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh.
Family who is living Below Poverty Line can send their children who are studying in class 1st to 12th will get financial aid from the government. It is provisioned that the mothers will get financial aid annually as financial assistance so that she can send her ward to school.
15000/- per annum
You can apply for this scheme online or offline through the government portal.
Yes, there are few documents like white ration card, student school identity card, aadhar card, address proof, name of school, mother’s passport size photo.
Yes, children should have 75% attendance in an academic year.
If children discontinue their school then they will not be part of this amma vodi scheme and will not be granted money.
If you don’t have an aadhar or ration card then a village or ward volunteer will certify you as eligible and after a six-stage filtration process, your details will be forwarded to the mandal education officer. And this whole process should be completed before 30th November.