UP Police SI Salary 2023: These days the job of the UP police SI has become one of the sought-after government jobs in India. It has become popular majorly among the aspirants because of the salary and allowances offered to the sub-inspector by the Uttar Pradesh police commission in the year 2023.No doubt, the Uttar Pradesh government is spending a large amount of money for the welfare of police personnel over past few years. In this article, we will present the salary of the sub-inspector and will also provide the list of job responsibilities assigned to them.
UP Police SI Salary 2023
This section will deliver the highlights of information shared in the article along with some important facts about the Uttar Pradesh Police Sub Inspector.
|Article Category||Salary and Job Profile|
|Name of the Department||Uttar Pradesh Police|
|Designation Name||Sub Inspector|
|Grade Pay||Rs 4200/-|
Uttar Pradesh Police Salary and Allowance 2023
The Uttar Pradesh police receive a decent amount of salary for the job of their share. The Uttar Pradesh Police SI comes under the grade pay of Rs 4200 as mentioned above. According to the 7th pay commission, the up police SI basic pay ranges from Rs 9300 to Rs 34,800. The salary range is as per the experience of an employee. Apart from this, if we talk about the gross monthly salary of the UP police SI then the employee salary ranges from Rs 27,900 to Rs 1,04,400. The gross salary is the total salary received by the employee including the allowances and perks they receive.
For the convenience of our readers, we have provided a detailed description of the salary components in the form of the table below. Please check it.
|Components of Salary of UP Police SI||Amount in Rupees|
|Basic Salary||Rs 9300 to Rs 34,800-|
|17% DA||Rs 6018-|
|24% HRA||Rs 8496-|
|Gross Pay||Rs 27,900 to Rs 1,04,400-|
|Deduction( Tax)||Rs 4000 to Rs 24,000-|
|Net Salary of UP SI||Rs 24,000 to Rs 80,400-|
Allowances and Benefits
As the allowances to the UP police SI have been discussed in the table above. We will discuss them in brief here:
- Dearness Allowance ( DA) – It is basically the amount paid by the government to the employee for the cost of living. It is also paid to pensioners and is taxable. The UP Police SI gets a DA of 17%.
- House Rental Allowance (HRA)-It is house rent given by the government to its employees.It is partially taxable and is 24%.
- Travel Allowance(TA)- It is the allowance paid by the govt if an employee is travelling to fulfil his duty.
- City Compensatory Allowance ( CCA)-It is similar to DA but provided in metropolitan cities.
- Ration Money Allowance (RMA)- This allowance is provided for monthly food expenses.
Some more Advantages
These are some less known benefits of the UP police SI. They are as follows:
- An additional salary of 1 month.
- Bonuses on Diwali.
- Medical Expenses
- Risk Allowance and Allowance for their dress
Job Responsibilities of UP Police SI
No doubt, the police department works for the public 24*7 and yes they have crucial responsibilities. Many times their work becomes messy. We are listing some job responsibilities of UP Police SI:
- The Sub Inspector are responsible for the safety of the citizens.
- They have to solve crime-related issues under their jurisdiction only.
- They have to manage traffic-related problems in their area.
- Have to maintain law and order in their jurisdiction.
- Also, have to do patrolling in their area.
|Visit||UP Police Official Website|
It takes around 7 to 10 years of service to get promoted to the post of Inspector.
Yes, they do get maternity leave but it is without pay.
No, UP police SI is not a gazetted officer.