SSC CGL 2023 Preparation Tips, Best Strategies, Study Material Online: The notification for the SSC CGL Examination is out for the year 2023. Candidates can apply online to register for the examination. Every year a huge number of aspirants actively participates in this examination for various posts of Group B and C under the different department of the Government of India.
In this article, we will be helping the candidates by providing SSC CGL 2023 Preparation Tips along with the best online study material. We assure you that the information provided in the article will provide great help to the students preparing for the SSC CGL Exams 2023.
SSC CGL Exam Overview
THE SSC CGL examination is the most renowned examination after the UPSC Civil Service exam. The examination is conducted nationwide and the success rate is comparatively less than other examinations conducted by the SSC. The reason behind the low success rate is the numerous candidates who apply for the examination. However, through proper guidance, preparation tips, Best Strategies etc. you can easily clear the examination.
SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam Pattern
For the SSC CGL 2023 preliminary examination, candidates will be provided a total time of 60 minutes to solve the sections, shown below.
|No. of Questions
|General Intelligence and Reasoning
SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam Pattern
The main examination for the written test will be the second phase of recruitment under SSC CGL Recruitment 2023 will comprise of following sections mentioned below.
|No. of Questions
|Paper-I: Quantitative Ability
|Paper-II: English Language and Comprehension
|Paper-IV: General Studies (Finance and Economics)
SSC CGL Tier-3 Exam Pattern
The tier -3 exam for the SSC CGL 2023 will comprise a Descriptive test that will be bilingual in nature. The time limit of 1 hour and 60 min will be provided for the examination whose contents are provided below.
|Bilingual (English/Hindi) Descriptive Paper (Writing of Essay, Precise, Letter, Application etc.)
|1 hour or 60 minutes
SSC CGL Tier-4 Exam Pattern
The final phase of recruitment for SSC CGL 2023. This phase will be for some selected posts mentioned in the notification. The
“Data Entry Speed Test”: Typing speed of the candidate will be checked. The applicant has to type Two thousand (2000 words) on a computer in the English language.
“Computer Proficiency Test”: Typing, Excel and PowerPoint assessments will be given by the authority to check the proficiency of the candidate.
Important Preparation Tips for SSC CGL Tier 1
The level of the examination conducted by the Go through the points below which provides the best strategies to prepare for the SSC CGL Examination.
- Applicant must do consistent practice for General Intelligence and Reasoning.
- Themes like riddles, figure-based inquiries, similarity, coding-disentangling, and arrangement, are especially scoring. Begin settling these and afterwards, proceed onward to more adaptable inquiries. You will observe a critical improvement in your precision within half a month in the event that you practice consistently.
- Non-verbal thinking themes like picture collecting, figure-tallying, and so forth request you to utilize a visual creative mind. Try not to skip or disregard these inquiries as they may appear to be tedious to you at first. Rehearsing them is the most ideal approach to make them less tedious.
- While rehearsing, you should target endeavouring at any rate 15-20 inquiries in a short time with sensible precision. In the test also, the attempt to finish this segment isn’t over 20 minutes.
- Set up the subjects in the request for need referenced here; it is as per the patterns seen over the most recent couple of years. Science> Polity> History> Geography> Economy> Miscellaneous
Section Wise Details of SSC CGL Syllabus
Check out the section-wise SSC CGL preparation tips for tier-I below:
|Candidates’ ability to observe things around them will be tested in this section. Applicants must go through national and international affairs for at least 6 months. Proper notes should be prepared for the section so that you can revise the notes easily. The question will be asked from various aspects of the subjects of History, Geography, Economics, Science etc.
|General Intelligence & Reasoning
|The section will comprise questions regarding verbal and non-verbal reasoning. The section will include questions from Spatial Orientation, Judgment, Similarities and Differences, Syllogistic Reasoning, Number Series, Problem-Solving, S Analogies, Coding and Decoding, Arithmetic Non-Verbal Series, Decision-Making, Statement Conclusion, Space Visualization, Visual Memory etc.
|To achieve success in the Quantitative section of the SSC CGL examination, the habit of regular practice of mock tests is very important. Through daily mocks, you can increase your efficiency. Candidates must have a go-through of the mock after attempting it. Candidates must note their mistakes and try not to repeat them in the examination. Questions from the following topics will be asked i.e. Decimals & Fractions, Square Roots, Time & distance, Profit and Loss, Whole Numbers, Averages, Time & Work, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Discount, geometrical problems etc.
|The section also requires daily practice. The section is scored and requires less practice than other sections of the examination. Some important thump rules are to be mesmerized by the candidate and the rest work is completed by attempting a mock test daily. The section can also be improved by reading editorials, books etc.
Other Essential Tips for SSC CGL Exam Preparation
- Long-period goals are sometimes difficult to achieve, therefore go for short-term goals.
- Don’t go for completing the book in one day, instead cover some topics thoroughly.
- Prepare a timetable and stick to the schedule mentioned in it. Try not to skip the routine mentioned in the Time table.
- Devote 1 to 2 hours for a mock test and after each mock evaluate your performance.
- Try not to mug up things. Go through the basics of the chapter.
- Last but not the least, take proper sleep and if you feel bored with your studies go through some educational videos.
Important SSC CGL Books
Right books are very essential in order to succeed in the examination. As per previous experiences shared by various aspirants who appeared for the SSC CGL examination, we have come up with the following books that are helpful for the preparation of the SSC CGL Examinations.
|General Intelligence & Reasoning
|Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
|Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
|Elementary & Advanced Mathematics by Kiran Prakashan
|Advance Maths by Rakesh Yadav
|General Knowledge by Lucent Publication
|English for General Competitions: from Plinth to Paramount (Volume – 1) by Neetu Singh/KD Publications
|Objective General English by SP Bakshi/Arihant
Candidates can share their queries regarding the SSC CGL 2023 Preparation Tips, Best Strategies, and Study Material Online in the comment section below.