Prepare for AIBE: The Bar Council of India conducts the All India Bar Examination AIBE to provide certification to budding lawyers. When a student is through with their Law education and they aim to commence with legal practice, they must appear for the exam. The certificate that they shall be receiving after passing the test shall qualify them for practising law. The exam is held twice a year. The examination was of the open-book kind. However, the authorities changed the exam type making eradicating the luxury of an open book. Thus, aspirants need a proper strategy and they must prepare well for the examination.
The following article shall help you prepare well for your exam. Keep reading further in order to obtain all the details pertaining to the methodologies and plan you can adopt so as to prepare for AIBE 2023.
How to Prepare for AIBE 2023?
Once Law students complete their education, they need to receive a certification from the Bar Council of India. This certification proves that the candidate is qualified enough to practice legally and attend court hearings in any tribunal’s courts and administrative bodies. The exam is held twice a year and potential lawyers who are eligible can attempt the paper in any mode, Pen and Paper or Computer Based Examination.
The exam question paper is set in 22 vernacular languages, precisely Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Urdu, Punjabi, Sindhi, Marathi, Kashmiri, Gujarati, Assamese, Oria, Bengali, Manipuri, Santhali, Maithili, Dogri, Nepali, Konkani, Bodo, and Sanskrit. Additionally, the examination is also available in the language of English. It is up to the candidates which language they actually choose to appear for the paper in. The exam is conducted under invigilation and it is based on the syllabus of 19 law subjects. 100 questions are formed of the Multiple Choice Type and the candidates have 3 Hours and 30 Minutes to attempt the paper.
Preparation for AIBE: Highlights
|Name of the Examination||All India Bard Examination AIBE XVII|
|Conducted By||Bar Council of India|
|Conduction Level||Pan India in centres across nearly 50 cities and about 150 examination centres|
|Examination Type||Certificate Exam|
|Importance of Examination||Qualifying Criteria for Legal Practice|
|Date of Examination||5th Feb 2023|
|Mode of Examination||Paper-Based Test PBT and Computer-Based Test CBT (Depends on the Student)|
|Language of Examination||22 Indian Languages and English|
|Total Subjects Covered||19|
|Duration of Examination||3 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions MCQs|
|Total Number of Questions||100|
|Marks Per Question||1|
Bar Council of India AIBE XVII Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The paper of the All India Bar Examination will be held online or offline. The candidates will be asked Questions about 19 topics pertaining to the law syllabus. There will be a total of 100 questions. Each question will be of 1 mark. This simply implies that the candidates will be awarded one mark for every correct answer. There is no provision for negative marking. The candidates can attempt wrong answers and they will not be penalised for doing so. The examination is of moderate level. The following concepts have the subsequent weightage in the examination paper:
|Name of the Law Subject||Number of Questions||Marks Weightage|
|Indian Penal Code||8||8|
|Criminal Procedure Code||10||10|
|Code of Civil Procedure||10||10|
|Alternate Dispute Redressal Including Arbitration Act||4||4|
|Public Interest Litigation||4||4|
|Professional Ethics and Cases of Professional Misconduct under BCI Rules||4||4|
|Labour and Industrial Laws||4||4|
|Law of Tort including the Motor Vehicles Act and Consumer Protection Law||5||5|
|Law of Contract, Specific Relief, Property Laws, Negotiable Instrument Act||8||8|
|Law Related Taxation||4||4|
|Land Acquisition Act||2||2|
|Intellectual Property Law||2||2|
Tips to Prepare for AIBE XVII Exam 2023
The exam of the median level as far as difficulty is considered. Despite that, the test takers fail to clear the exam. This is due to the previous format where the candidates were allowed to appear for the test in an open-book format. The aspirants are weakly prepared for the examination and thus, they often face a difficult time receiving their certification. The best way is to be prepared with all the syllabi as you begin to Prepare for AIBE. It might seem a lot and difficult and thus, the following tips might prove handy:
- Carefully check the weightage of the questions based on each topic and prepare for topics with higher weightage more intricately.
- Since the questions will be of Multiple Choice format, the candidates must focus on profound reading and knowledge of the topics. Cramming up will not help but genuine understanding will.
- Understand the mode of examination and prepare according to that. The focus must be on being familiar with both online and offline rules of the examination.
- The unavailability of study materials should not be a reason for the lack of preparation. Thus, buy books that are particularly framed for the specificity of the All India Bar Examination.
- You can refer to external study materials such as papers, books, and much more in order to be ultimately prepared for the examination.
- Practise with previous year’s questions to get familiar with the kind of questions that are generally asked in the examination.
- There are mock papers available online and offline. Time yourself and attempt the exam creating an identical examination environment for being thoroughly ready for the test.
- Try preparing notes on your own or short briefing points to revise a few hours or a day before the exam. Important points and information must be revised instantly from all the topics.
- Be in touch with all the notices that the Bar Council of India releases timely pertaining to the All India Bar Examination. Any notice can prove to be extremely vital in your preparations.
Books that you can use for AIBE Preparation
There are a lot of books available online on various shopping sites and offline in stores for the preparation of the All India Bar Examination XVII 2023. The test takers often get confused regarding what books and study materials they must pick in order to prepare. Here are a few study materials that you can refer to while you Prepare for AIBE:
- Guide to All India Bar Examination by Dr PK Pandey
- AIBE – Previous years solved papers by Thakral Law Publications
- The Constitution of India Bare Acts with short notes by Universal Publications
- AIBE Solved papers by Lovedeep Bangia
|Official Portal||Bar Council of India|
|Website||All India Bar Examination AIBE|
The All India Bar Examination AIBE will be conducted in an online Computer Based Test CBT Mode or offline Paper Based Test PBT Mode.
The candidates will be allowed 3 Hours 30 Minutes to complete the All India Bar Examination paper.
No, AIBE 2023 is not an open-book test.
The examination date for AIBE XVII 2023 is yet to be announced by the Bar Council of India.
1 thought on “How to Prepare for AIBE 2023? – Preparation Tips & Study Plan”
Can I take bareacts written with notes as available in market in AIBC exam XVII which held on 05-02-2023