AIBE 2020 (XV) Application Form: All India Bar Examination (AIBE) application process is active now. Exam was initially scheduled to be conducted on 16th August 2020 but was postponed. Now BCI has again extended the last application submission date and has also released the new exam schedule. Revised exam dates shall be announced soon. Candidates who still have not submitted their applications can submit it before the revised due date.
UPDATE: Last for submitting online application for AIBE 2020 (XV) has been extended again from 31st August 2020 to 17th October 2020. Revised exam date has also be released. Check details below.
AIBE 2020 (XV) Application Form
Bar Council of India is the authority responsible for conducting the All India Bar Examination (AIBE) every year. The main objective of this national level exam is to examine the capability of an advocate to practice the profession of law in India. After qualifying the exam, candidates are awarded a “Certificate of Practice”. It is basically an open book exam.
In this article, interested candidates will find detailed information about the AIBE 2020 exam. It will include information like Application form, exam schedule, eligibility criteria, registration procedure, syllabus, pattern, Admit card, exam pattern, admit card, result etc.
|Examination||All India Bar Examination- AIBE (XV) 2020|
|Article category||Application details|
|Exam type||National level exam|
|Conducting Authority||Bar Council of India (BCI)|
|Conducted for||Certificate of Practice|
|Date of examination|
8th November 2020
|Offered||Once a year|
|Mode of examination||Offline|
|Mode of application||Online|
AIBE 2020 Important Dates
AIBE Schedule is given below-
|Events/ Activities||Dates (Revised)|
|Starting date of online registration||16th May 2020|
|Bank payment through Challan starts||16th May 2020|
|Last date for online registration|
17th October 2020
|Last date for payment of the registration fee|
20th October 2020
|Last date for completing the form|
24th October 2020
|Date of availability of admit card|
31st October 2020
|Date of examination|
8th November 2020
|Declaration of result||To be announced later|
Note- Once the exam date will be announced, it will be updated here. BCI holds the right to make changes in the dates, therefore, the schedule is subject to change.
AIBE 2020- Eligibility Criteria
Before going to apply for the exam, applicants must check the eligibility criteria first. Check the complete eligibility criteria for AIBE 2020 given below-
Check >>> New National Education Policy
- All the Indian nationals are eligible to apply for AIBE (15) 2020 exam.
- No lower age limit and upper age limit is specified for this exam.
Educational Qualification Criteria
- Applicants must have three years or a 5 years LLB degree from a recognized institute in India.
- There is not any specified marks criterion.
- Candidates must have enrolled their names as an advocate with the respective State Bar Council.
AIBE 2020- Application Form /Registration Form
- AIBE 2020 application forms are currently available as the last date has been extended again.
- Candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria before filling the application form.
- Eligible candidates can apply through the online mode before the due date i.e.
31st August 2020 17th October 2020.
- Candidates can fill registration forms only the official website as no offline registration mode is applicable.
- Candidates have to upload all the self-attested documents (Photo Id, Photograph, Signature, & Enrollment Certificate) in the format prescribed by the monitoring authority.
- Unattested forms will be rejected.
- Applicants must provide a working mobile number and a valid email ID so that authorities can communicate to the candidates.
- Applicants are not required to send the printed copy of application form or any document by post.
- In case, applicants have uploaded wrong documents, they can rectify it by logging it again within the scheduled period.
- Candidates are advised to keep a copy safe of filled-in application form for future reference.
How to Apply for AIBE 2020?
Candidates can follow the procedure given below-
- Visit the official website of AIBE (15) 2020.
- Enter state, enrollment no and year of enrollment.
- Go through the instructions carefully and click on ‘Accept’ button.
- Now, fill the registration details carefully and click on ‘save’ button.
- Upload all the documents.
- A registration number will be sent to the mobile numbers and emails of the candidates.
- Print the bank Challan and make payment of application form.
- Click on the ‘submit’
- Lastly, take a printout of the application form and retain it for references.
AIBE 2020- Application Fee
- The application fee can be paid through Bank Challan.
- AIBE 2020 application fee is non-transferable and non-refundable.
AIBE 2020- Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern for AIBE is as follows-
- AIBE 2020 exam will be held in offline mode (pen and paper-based test).
- It will be an open book test. Candidates can take help of books to answer the question.
- The exam will be made available in 11 languages.
- The question paper will be divided into two parts.
- The total duration of exam will be 3 hours 30 minutes and 20 extra minutes will be allotted to physically handicap candidates.
- Total number of question will be 100
- All the questions will be multiple choice questions in nature.
- One mark will be given for every correct answer.
- There is no provision for negative marketing.
Here is the complete syllabus of AIBE 2020 exams-
|Topics||No of questions|
|Code of Civil Procedure (C.P.C)||10|
|Criminal Procedure Code (Cr.P.C)||10|
|Indian Penal Code (IPC)||8|
|Alternative Dispute Redressal including Arbitration Act||4|
|Public Interest Litigation||4|
|Professional Ethics & Cases of Professional Misconduct under BCI rules||4|
|Labour & Industrial Laws||4|
|Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicle Act and Consumer Protection Law||5|
|Laws related to taxation||4|
|Law of Contract, Specific Relief, Property Laws, Negotiable Instrument Act||8|
|Land Acquisition Act||2|
|Intellectual Property Laws||2|
Examination Cities List
AIBE 2020 exam will be conducted across 40 cities of India.
The exam is expected to be conducted in the following test cities of India-
|Andhra Pradesh & Telangana||Hyderabad, Vishakhapatnam|
|Gujarat||Surat, Ahmedabad, Rajkot|
|Haryana||Hisar, Gurgaon, Chandigarh|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|Maharashtra||Aurangabad, Pune, Nagpur, Mumbai, Nanded|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Jabalpur|
|Tamilnadu||Coimbatore, Chennai, Trichy|
|Uttar Pradesh||Noida, Allahabad, Lucknow|
AIBE 2020 – Admit card
- The Admit Card will be released on the date specified by the authority.
- Candidates can download their admit card from the official website by logging with the valid login credentials.
- No hard copy of the admit card will be sent to any of the candidates by post or any other medium.
- All the candidates have to be present at the examination venue with the printed copy of their admit card. Candidates without a valid AIBE admit card will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
AIBE 2020 – Result
The result for AIBE (15) 2020 exam will be released online on the specified dates.
Candidates can check their result on the website of AIBE by entering the roll number and date of birth.
After that successful candidates will be awarded with the “Certificate of Practice”.
Also Check- SBI PO Recruitment 2020 Application Form
In case candidates find any issue related to AIBE 2020 they are advised to contact the concerned person or authority immediately. Candidates can also share it with us in the comment section below.