Bachelor of Design (B.Des): It is the course offered by many design colleges, its a regular type four-year course which comprises eight semesters and one can pursue this career after passing out 10+2 in any subject, but one can score more than 45+ per cent on 12th standard, to get admission in any designing college. It involves designing in Textiles, evolving new patterns, marketing, Apparel designing, professional wear, originates brands, also evolves designing related to customs, and occupations, studying fabric and raw materials, virtual and manual designing, images, and photography, research, and development in various types of material generate new costumes and accessories related to occasions. Many textile, fashion, and Boutique, producers appoint these designers.
Bachelor of Design Exams List
There are national and university levels for doing B.DES from a good college
- One of the most essential exams to be a part of the Fashion Industry i.e. NIFT, one of the most reputed Fashion Institute in India. NIFT has 17 campuses all over India which draws motivation and supports creativity and leads to remarkable growth in the fashion industry. NIFT offers PG courses as well.
- SEED examination organized by Symbiosis International University offers various subjects i.e. designing Products, Film Animation and Video Film designing, Graphics & Interior Space designing, Communication & Fashion Designing
- IIT Bombay also organized an exam for B.Des i.e. UCEED which is known to be UG Common Entrance Examination for Designing.
- The exam related to Footwear development & design is usually called FDDI ASIT, it is also an All India Based exam. FDDI has twelve campuses all over India which consist of 2500+ seats for UG candidates in the 2021 session.
- The places like Gujarat and Bengaluru also take organized NID exams for B.Des courses, whereas Bengaluru has Research and Development centre for Designing, the institute includes various accessory designing, apparel, and photography-related courses.
- The Army Welfare Education Society also organized courses in various fields, one of them being Fashion Designing, every year it organized an exam AIFD for admission to Army Insitute in fashion & Designing.
- Pearls Academy also regulate the PAF exam for their academy in various specialization like styling, product designing, lifestyle designing, Image designing, etc
- UID examination is an aptitude test regulated by the United world Insitute of Design, the process of admission depends on the result of two tiers and the candidate interview.
- IIAD is a private institute, that collaborates with Kington & Lingaya’s Universities in London & Haryana respectively. IIAD stands for Indian Institute of Art & Design, which is situated in Delhi.
- DAT is an offline-based exam, which has two exam phases and approximate 120+ seats include.
- Bachelor in Textile Design
- Bachelor in Apparel Production
- Bachelor in Knitwear Design
- Bachelor in Accessory Design
- Bachelor in Leather Design
- Bachelor in Fashion Design
- Bachelor in Fashion Communication
Bachelor of Design Eligibility
Essential Qualification Required
- By 2021 applicants must qualify or appear in the secondary high school examination in any field whether it is commerce, arts, or Science from a recognized board like ICSE/CBSE or any board equivalent to it.
- Students can also apply after class X but must have a three-year diploma as approved by AICTE, http://www.facilities.aicte-india.org visit site, for more info.
- Students having an HSC examination certificate can also apply for this course
- Candidate must pass out 10+2 examination with at least five subjects.
- Candidates who live overseas must hold Country Citizenship as per law
- Candidate must qualify for the 10+2 examination before the counselling process if any supplementary.
- If the applicant is NRI, an Indian Passport is not applicable.
- 10+5 per cent B.Des seats are for supernumerary candidates, those students pay fees according to the overseas fees structure.
- Only one subject is mandatory in 10+2, English
- Aspirants at least acquire 50 or above percentile for admission to higher secondary school
- Age relaxation of five years has been given to reserved classes
- For other applicants, it should be less than 24 years
- For overseas aspirants at least 20 years is the age eligibility criteria.
Bachelor of Design Scope
- TEXTILE DESIGNING:- create a pattern and design on fabric and fibres, by using different types of techniques to evolve an aesthetic pattern.
- INTERIOR DESIGNING:- to make a living space lovable whether it’s an office, home etc., they work in film, theatre, and television set designing, and any event or exhibition is also organised by them.
- GRAPHICS DESIGN:- The foremost responsibility of the graphic designer is to create things as per the requirement of clients and their budgets, by using creative ideas. They also need a sound knowledge of Photoshop and CSS, and obviously, they should be creative minds.
- FASHION DESIGNING:- they improve the way people live to style, they deal with dealers of fabric and work as a Fashion coordinators, they design clothes which suit you. They also work as a Makeup artist for many celebrities, models, brides, etc. They work as journalists, which writes reports on the latest fashionable garments, designing and fabrics.
- BRAND MANAGER:- who line up strategies as per the targets and demands and makes client and company relation. A brand manager is a representative from the company side. works in various advertising companies, telecoms, Public relations Agencies etc. They have a handsome salary and a very good growth rate in post and income as well.
- APPAREL DESIGNING:- They design not only clothes but also accessories for many campaigns, the film industry, their own boutique, media, sports, jewellery etc. As they know the finest material of clothes, so they work on a quality controller.
- STYLIST:- A fashion stylist must have good soft skills and innovative
- ART DIRECTOR:- works in advertising, marketing, entertainment, web designing companies, and also in many motion pictures.
Top Recruiting Companies
- BONITO DESIGNS
- PRISMIC REFLECTIONS
- WIPRO TECHNOLOGIES
- MOONRAFT INNOVATIONS LABS
- COGWHEEL STUDIOS
- THE ANTI-ALIAS
- LOLLY POPS
- THINK DESIGN
- PARALLEL LABS
- ALLEN SOLLY
- SAP LABS
- YELLOW SLICE
- PARALLEL LABS
- KORU TECHNOLOGIES
- BEARD DESIGN
- MANGOBLOSSOM DESIGN
Bachelor of Design Salary
Salary is defined as per the field chosen:-
|PROFILE||MINIMUM SALARY PER ANNUM||MAXIMUM SALARY PER ANNUM|
|GRAPHICS DESIGNER||1.40LAKHS||6-7 LAKHS|
|EXHIBITION DESIGNER||1LAKHS TO 3 LAKHS||>10LAKHS|
|RETAIL MANAGER||1.5LAKHS||7-9 LAKHS|
|UX DESIGNER||1-3 LAKHS||10-20 LAKHS|
|INTERIOR DESIGNER||1.5LAKHS||8-9 LAKHS|
|FASHION STYLIST||1.4 LAKHS||10-12 LAKHS|
|PRODUCT & ART DESIGNER||1LAKHS||9-10 LAKHS|
|CONTENT STRATEGIST||2-3 LAKHS||10-20 LAKHS|
Both are undergraduate courses as B.Arch is an architecture course, so if you are not good in the good in calculations don’t choose it as a career whereas B.Des is a proper designing course.
Yeah, exams like CEED, SEED, UID and AIFD are also there.