World Happiness Index: The World Happiness Report has been conducting an effective survey on a global level in order to determine the happiest countries in the world. The happiness of a certain nation’s citizens depends on various factors. Thus, countries and governments altogether can strive to improve their contentment ratio by changing plans on the basis of the reports and index. Happiness is an extremely important factor and with 2023 being the year of revival from the global pandemic in most parts of the world, there is a lot that the rank list can explore.
It can also aptly judge the measures countries took in order to provide a mental health recovery to their citizens. Moreover, with multiple issues pertaining to healthcare, politics, climate change, and much more, a general insight can be observed into the reactions of the citizens of a country, in general as well.
Here in the subsequent article, we have provided the complete details on how and what the surveys say. Further, a rank-wise list of the countries has also been provided on the basis of the happiness of its citizens. Read the ensuing space in order to obtain full information on the World Happiness Index 2023, country-wise ranks, and a ranked list.
What is World Happiness Index?
Each country and its citizens differ on a multitude of levels from each other. Some of these factors are culture, language, appearance, ethnicity, religion, political construction, and so much more. There is one other factor that also observes a variation while moving from one country to the other. This parameter is World Happiness Index.
This is basically the measure of life satisfaction, contentment, happiness, and mental health well being of a particular area in demand. The World Happiness Report observes many factors in order to arrive at a conclusion.
Read this>>> World Economy Ranking 2023
Who publishes the World Happiness Report?
The United Nations run a global initiative named, Sustainable Development Solutions Network. They further publish the World Happiness Index Report every year calculating the scores of each country. The first report was published in the year 2012. The report for the year 2023 is the 11th such report of the data.
Factors Affecting and observed Happiness Index
The World Happiness Report published by the Sustainable Development Solutions Network of the United Nations considers a total of 6 factors in order to create the list of the happiest countries and rank all the global nations accordingly. The parameters are here as follows:
- Dystopia: This implies the feeling of suffering from injustice or being attacked by totalitarianism or the aftermath of an apocalypse.
- Perception of Corruption: Being in a state of a feeling where the citizens perceive themselves as being triggered by corruption.
- Generosity: The basic humankind relationship between people and the sense of humanity and sympathy.
- Freedom to Make Life Choices: This factor stands for the state where one is enough free or liberated to make decisions and choices in life, without compromising due to the implications of society.
- Healthy Life Expectancy: The measurement of expecting a healthier lifestyle unbothered by my imposition of deadly diseases or ailments.
- Social Support: The parameter that measures the support that the citizens of the nation receive from each other.
- GDP per Capita: The Gross Domestic Product number of a country divided by the population also plays a major role while indicating poverty and financial stability.
Happiness Ranking List of Countries in 2023
The World Happiness Report has been released for the year 2023. As per the official data, the country of Finland is the happiest globally. It continues to thrive at the top position and maintains a streak of being included in the list of top happiest countries in the world.
Additionally, countries such as Norway, Denmark, Switzerland, Iceland, Netherlands, Sweden, and more have performed incredibly as well. Check the following detailed list of countries where they are ranked on the basis of the World Happiness Index and their positions according to:
|Rank||Name of the Country||Average Life Evaluation (2022)|
|25.||United Arab Emirates||6.561|
|63.||Bosnia And Herzegovina||5.813|
|81.||Republic of the Congo||5.342|
|Official Portal||World Happiness Report|
|Download||2022 Report pdf for World Happines Index of countries in a rank-wise manner|
As per the World Happiness Report Rankings 2032, Finland is the happiest country to live in 2023 with an average life evaluation of 7.804.
India ranks 126th as per the country rankings in the World Happiness Index ahead of 2023 with an average life evaluation of 4.036.