NEP Vidya Pravesh Program: On Thursday, 29th of July 2021, the Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi, launched a few programs to enhance education in the country. The prime minister launched some initiatives as a part of the extension to the National Education Policy 2020. The new accretions are introduced in the formulated education policy of India for preschoolers and other CBSE students.
As stated two programs have been launched under the NEP; we are detailing information on one of these policies called the Vidya Pravesh Program for Pre-School kids. Read the post till the end as it may be a valuable piece of information for you. Check Program Highlights, about Vidya Pravesh Program and more in the post.
Vidya Pravesh Program – Highlights
Launching the two new initiatives by the Central Government, the PM addressed the one year of the policy. Because of the situation of the coronavirus pandemic, growth on the under schemes of policy has been passive for a while. But after a year, the government is ready to launch the schemes enclosed in the National Education Policy. Preschool and CBSE students are likely to witness some new changes. The main highlights of the program were:
- Vidya Pravesh Program- A preschool preparation program for Class 1st students, preparing the children for school.
- SAFAL (Structured Assessment For Analyzing Learning Levels)- A student assessment program for CBSE Class 3rd, 5th and 8th.
- An artificial intelligence (AI) website was also launched for the students.
- Indian Sign Language (ISL) was introduced as a subject/ course program at the secondary classes level.
- In addition to this, an Academic Bank of Credit (ABC) was also launched for the college students which would let the students learn across courses and disciplines. It will offer Entry and Exit options to the students studying in college which will let the students continue from where they left.
- An announcement was made regarding the introduction of regional Languages under 14 engineering colleges in India. PM also announced that Engineering programs will be taught in regional languages for the first year of the course.
Vidya Pravesh Program In NEP
The National Education Policy 2020 was launched last year to offer world-class education to students in India. So, working towards the aim the central government is offering an immense variety of schemes for students in schools, preschool and colleges.
Vidya Pravesh program is one such program for the Class 1st students. This program will consist of a three-month play module for these children to prepare them for school. The program will also include a subject of Indian Sign language at the Secondary Level.
An Integrated Teacher Training Program NISHTHA 2.0, by NCERT (National Council of Education Research and Training ), is also being launched as a part of the program. Under the program, the teacher training will also function as a catalyst to provide new additional inputs to the department.
All the additions made to the new policy has been formulated keeping in mind the learning developing a scientific approach from a young age. This will help in decreasing the extra pressure on the students.